So this week I’m heading to three local dollar stores in my area: Dollar General, Family Dollar and Dollar Tree. I’m not a huge fan of Dollar store shopping, so I thought it would be a great idea to scout out the local Dollar Stores and see what deals can be scored. Please check below this video for a few Dollar Store deals, coupon policies, and other info!
**If you can’t see the video, go here to watch it.
Like every good couponer, I wanted to know the specific coupon policy for each dollar store so several days before my shopping adventure, I emailed these stores to find their coupon policies (see below for the results). If you are a frequent dollar store shopper or browser, it is probably worth joining their electronic newsletters so that you can receive the latest coupons, promotions, etc. To join the Dollar General Savings Zone, click here; to sign for Dollar Tree emails, click here; to join Family Dollar Savings program click here and then enter your email in the box in the top right corner that says “Family Savings.”
Dollar General’s Coupon Policy (taken directly from the email I received):
- Dollar General is pleased to accept manufacturer coupons at any of our more than 8,100 stores. If you have five coupons for five products, you may use them in one transaction unless the coupon states otherwise. If the coupon states that it is good for any product, you may use the coupon for any product even if it is not pictured, unless the coupon states otherwise.
- You may use a Dollar General coupon along with a Manufacturers coupon for the same item, as long as neither coupon states otherwise.
- Unfortunately, due to fraudulent attempts, we are unable to accept internet coupons, unless they were issued directly from Dollar General.
Dollar Tree’s Coupon Policy (taken directly from the emailed I received):
- We do not accept manufacturer coupons. (This was all the information I received…just one simple sentence, that’s it!?)
Family Dollar Coupon Policy:
Family Dollar accepts the following types of coupons:
- Family Dollar Coupons with scan-able bar code (with valid promotion code to be used if coupon wont scan)
- Manufacturer Coupons with scan-able bar code (cents off; no hand written values, no photo copies)
- No Free merchandise Coupons (Except buy one get one free or other combinations that require a purchase)
- Manufacturers Buy-One-Get-One-Free coupons or other combinations of buy X and get Y
- Internet Coupons (both Manufacturer & Family Dollar) with scan-able bar code only.
- Soft drink bottle caps
Here are a couple dollar store deals that you may want to take advantage of…
Cheetos 7-11 oz. $2
Use the $1/1 coupon from the Dollar General coupon sheet found at the store
Final Cost $1
Joy Dish Soap $1
Use the $0.30/1 coupon from the 2/7PG
Final cost $0.70!
(Thanks, Sarah’s Deals!)
Nabisco Cheese Nips $1.67
Use the $1/1 coupon from the 1/24SS
Final cost $0.67!
(Thanks, Sarah’s Deals!)
Reach toothbrushes $1
Use the $1/1 coupon from the 10/18 RP or from here
Final cost FREE!
Fantastik Cleaner $2
Use the $1/1 coupon from the 1/10 SS (value may vary by region)
Final cost $1!
Be sure to enter the Family Dollar Stash your Cash Sweepstakes where you can win up to $2,000 cash!! Plus, if you are one of the first 20,000 people to submit a money-saving tip (you will be directed to the page to enter your tip as soon as you register for the sweepstakes), then you will receive a Scott Brand mailer with exclusive savings (Plus you could win a $25 Family Dollar gift card if your tip is chosen as one of the 5 best)!! (Thanks, The Modern Saver!)
You may also want to enter the Family Dollar Win Free Groceries for a Year Sweepstakes where you can win groceries for a year (i.e. $7,800) or a chance to win 1 of 500 $25 Family Dollar gift certificates!
If you purchase any General Mills products at Dollar General, be sure to check out the Dollar General Ultimate Race Experience Sweepstakes where you can win a V.I.P. trip to the 2010 Prelude to the Dream Race at Eldora Speedway or one of 600 $25 Dollar General gift cards. (Note: To enter this sweepstakes, you will need to enter the receipt code from your General Mills purchase at Dollar General).
Finally, if you are a big fan of Dollar Tree, check out the “Why I Love My Dollar Tree” contest where you can win up to $1000 by submitting a video, poem or story, song or an image about why you love Dollar Tree.