Important: Disney Movie Rewards Update!

First of all, I want to say how sorry I am for all of you who currently have your Disney Movie Rewards accounts blocked due to some of the codes I posted yesterday. I just spoke with a Disney Movie Rewards representative and here is what I learned…

The codes that I posted yesterday (i.e. GOOFY, LIGHT, TINA etc.) were old codes that had been invalid for quite awhile. When Disney recently created a new site, the codes were recognized as new and valid codes by the new Disney Rewards site. However, Disney realized this system glitch and changed the codes to be invalid sometime yesterday. As a result, those of you who tried to enter several of these invalid codes ended up having your accounts blocked by Disney. (I had absolutely no idea that these were outdated codes that somehow became valid when the site switched over; I just thought that they were old codes that new readers could benefit from using). I know this is so frustrating for all of you and again, I sincerely apologize for the confusion!

So here is how to fix the situation….
-Call Disney Movie Rewards at 1-866-246-8646; they are open Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Central Time. I was on hold for over 30 minutes so be prepared for a long wait time!
-Explain that you were entering what you thought were valid codes and ask that your account be unblocked
-According to the representative that I spoke with, your account can often be unblocked immediately and you should not lose any of the rewards points that you have accumulated
-If you do not contact them via phone, your account may stay blocked for an undetermined length of time

Again, I’m sorry and hope that this is resolved quickly for each and every one of you! Please let me know how your phone conversations go in the comment section below. Thanks!

• Alyssa M says:

I was afraid something like that would happen. I stopped trying before I entered too many invalid codes and my account wasn’t blocked. It’s an honest mistake Collin. We appreciate you!

• Robin says:

Just called and they picked up on the second ring – couldn’t believe it ……… I was prepared to be waiting a while!! The representative was very pleasant, said they have received many calls about this and my account should be back up and running by morning. I was on the phone less than a minute – GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

• leighann says:

Collin, once again I just want to thank you for all you do…you are amazing!! The Disney Code thing is no big deal. Disney said they would unlock my account within 24 hours! Yippee :)
    Just for clarification are all the codes bad? Should I try and enter these:
    SUPERBARK = 15 points
    JIMINY = 10 points
    BUDDERBALL = 25 points
    PAPERS = 50 points
    Not sure what to do????

Thank you all!!!! Collins Hip2Save Site as well as the readers all ROCK!

• Cindy says:

None of those codes are active. If you try to enter all of them, you’ll get blocked again.

• katie says:

This is definately up to each person if they want to risk it, but I was able to enter the codes that were numbers, NOT words, and they went through fine. Any code I entered that was a WORD, it told me was it was invalid, but the others went through and gave me my points just fine.

• Rachel Dale says:

Are there any codes that are still valid?

• Anon says:

Took 2 seconds and she said they would have them ALL unblocked tonight, very friendly and nice :)

• Nicole S says:

I wouldn’t try those codes listed above, Leighann, I was trying one of those when my account got blocked… and that’s no fun!

Thank you for posting this Collin. I was on hold for 20 minutes earlier today before you posted it, but I had to get back to work. I will try again tonight.

• Amy says:

I was able to login to my account just now… Does that mean I’m safe??

• April says:

I was wondering the same thing as Amy…I was just able to log in w/o any problems and my points balance is the same as yesterday. I’m taking that as a good sign.

• Kristen says:

I actally started at the bottom of your list with the following codes and I wasn’t blocked…
    superbark, budderball, papers, jiminy, celebrate, and the letter number combos. So, try at your own risk but I didn’t get blocked with those. Glad I started from the bottom up:)

• K says:

I’m all for sharing good deals, but I agree with someone who posted earlier that no way was this what Disney had in mind when they put together the DMR program. The program is for those who purchase movies, follow them on FB, get their newsletter, whatever. It’s totally unfair to just give out the codes enmasse. It’s just my two cents. I’m a member and I didn’t even try to enter any of these codes.

• Julie says:

Was only on the phone 3 min 37 sec. (including pressing my way through automated system) AWESOME customer service! Think it’s funny so many people have gotten such different replies. You must call 800# to unblock. Collin-THANK YOU for all you do. No biggie w/the codes :)

• Julie says:

P.S. Some people take things WAY TOO SERIOUS. These codes/promotions are put out for peole to utilize. If not, they wouldn’t do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on sharing those codes :)

• hannah says:

took just 1 minute, picked up call right away…took care of it with no problems, just had to give the email address on the account. Thanks again Collin!

• Niki says:

I entered 10 codes yesterday. And today, the rest are not working. However they still keep the old points (I entered yesterday) for me.

• CdninAK says:

I just checked my account, and it’s fine… no blocking for me. And, the points I received with the ‘old’ codes are still there!

• Erika says:

Today I was only on the phone for about 5 min and the representative was very polite. However she said they were experiencing a high volume of people with blocked accounts and that it could take anywhere from 3 to 7 days for them to unblock my acct. At least all my reward pts will still be there. YAY!

• chantal says:

IM SOOOOOO glad you posted this. I had emailed them earlier when it was first blocked but I just called and she said she was forwarding my account on to have it unblocked, didn’t give an time estimate but was very polite. GREAT customer service Will be soooo thrilled when my account is back up :)

• Aly says:

Thank you! I called DMR and they said my account will be back in 24 hours!

• joan vera says:

Thank you so much for the advice, I’ve been blocked for 48 hours so far. I called as soon as I read your post and got right through. The representative explained that alot of accounts were blocked but they were working on unblocking the ones who call in. I didn’t even think to call them so thanks again for the excellent information.

• fuzzymitten says:

I just got off the phone a minute ago. The whole process took like four minutes, really polite lady. She said it could take up to 48 hours to have your account un-blocked. I mentioned some people said it would take 24 hours, is it because of the volume? She said yes, just to be safe.

• heather s. says:

I entered some in yesterday and it never blocked me so I guess I was lucky :) Thanks for all you do you are AWESOME!

• kristen says:

24 to 48 hours here as well…very nice man helped me out. i also e-mailed them as soon as it happened, but they didnt respond so I called tonight. thanks for posting the number and the info

• peever says:

I entered 10 codes yesterday and my account is fine. I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

• Sue B. says:

I called this morning she said it would take 24 hrs and my account should be fine later today. Well its later and I am still block :(

• liz says:

I just logged into my account and tried to enter a code PAPERS and said ‘ it is not live yet ” what does it mean? is my account blocked?

• Ashley Bullock says:

I entered those codes and it said they aren’t live….and now it’s blocked. :( I’m new to DMR so I’ve been digging around in my cabinets for videos so I can enter codes after they unblock me.

• Heather W says:

Well yesterday when I was entering codes I saw that message also, but it let me enter 10 codes. I didn’t see any message about it being blocked or anything, but now it won’t let me sign in so I am assuming it was blocked. That’s ok though we don’t buy that many Disney movies I just figured I would get these codes and enter the few movies we do buy. Maybe I will try to call tomorrow if it is still blocked, but honestly not that big of a deal to me. Thanks again for all you do Collin! It’s not your fault. You had no way of knowing what would happen and were only trying to help us! Thanks again!

• Rana says:

On another DMR topic: Has anyone else heard about the receiving a free Blu-Ray movie on their bday? I have been a member since 2008 and I have never heard of this. Also, I tried to submit some new movie tickets and it states some of my old (2008) submissions were pending and they can’t take new submissions when there are others pending. I know I got credit for the others a long time ago so I don’t know why they state they are pending. I e-mailed DMR but I haven’t heard anything back. Maybe I should just call them?

• amymiller says:

I got a free blu ray copy of Night at the Museum on my birthday. Very cool!

• Anonymous says:

how do you get this ? there is no place for me to put my birthday and i’ve been a member for 3yrs and have’t seenanything about this

• Jamie says:

I’ve been a member of DMR for a few years now and this year was the first time I got the free BluRay on my birthday. I believe I got an email notifying me and you could pick from a few “preselected” titles, we picked Enchanted since my daughter saw it on TV and loved it.
      I have to call later and have my account unblocked, I did send an email right after it happened but haven’t heard back yet. With all the money saving websites and blogs on the net I’m sure they probably have their hands full unblocking the accounts and will get to them as fast as they can. No worries Collin you do the best you can and we all appreciate it very much – and I LOVE the new look of the site!

• Ashley Marie says:

My Birthday was in March and I got the Bluray movie for 2.95. I was e-mailed a link with a code. I signed into DMR and entered my code. I was then given 25 Birthday points and got to choose between 5 pre-selected movies. I picked Meet the Robinson’s. I was happily surprised!!

• Vikki says:

is anyone having trouble entering codes? i tried to enter one and it said i already reached my max of 10 codes a day when i didn’t even enter 1 code yet.. confused.

• Amber says:

I am new to all this.Does getting page not found mean my account is now blocked ? Any help would be appreciated. i do not blame anyone for this.

• Katie Walker says:

I’m so glad I snagged those codes up when you first posted! You rock!

• Chantel says:

I am STILL blocked! I called today too. Anybody else still having problems?

• Barb says:

I entered all the codes two days ago and everything seems fine on my account. Perhaps it was because I’m a new member and had never entered them before? Just don’t know but this is only the 2nd time I’ve entered codes.

• Katiria says:

My account was blocked since yesterday. I was only able to get 355 points. :( I emailed them, should I also call?

• Thanks for this info. My account was blocked last night and I could not figure out why! What a relief to know that I can easily get it unblocked. Thanks again!

• Ashley Marie says:

That was BEYOND easy!! I was on hold for a min or two and they took my full name and e-mail address. The gentleman was very nice and we had a giggle at my e-mail address (I’ve had it since I was 16, so you can imagine…). He told me it should be up and going in 48 hours. Whoot-Whoot!!

• Katiria says:

I was on hold for 5 minutes and rep said it should be back up in 24 hours

• KR says:

I was blocked after trying to enter all the codes. I’m new to DMR and just joined a week back. I was so worried and so sad after being blocked. But after reading this posting, called them today morning right at 9:30 and they picked up in second ring. Great costumer service, just have to give them my name and e-mail address. Just now checked and I’m now able to login and have all the points I earned.

Thanks for your effort! Don’t feel bad, I’m sure everyone who calls will get their account unblocked.

• [...] Not a deal — Barbara on Facebook notes “There’s a list of Disney Movie Rewards bonus codes floating around the interwebs. They do not work and may freeze your account if you try to enter them all, from what I’ve read on the DMR Facebook page. Be careful!” Here’s some info on this and getting your account unlocked if it happens to you from Hip 2 Sav…. [...]

• Becky says:

So my account was blocked also. I called just now and got through right away. The lady was super nice and just asked me for my name and email address. She said it could take up to 2 business days to get unblocked but thats reasonable I thought.

Now I know a bunch of people have asked for more codes that possibly work. Here is a Treasure hunt!!! Go to the link then follow the directions. Its worth 100pts

Have fun!!!