Just a Quick Note…

My hubby had surgery on his calf this morning (gastrocnemius-muscle recession), so I have been sitting in the recovery room with him for most of the day. He’s doing great (just groggy and very sleepy from all the meds). We just arrived home about 30 minutes ago and now I’m scrambling to get the laundry done, dinner cooked and all those other fun duties! Yipppeee! :)

Anyway, I did want to quickly apologize for not being quite “there” today… if you know what I mean. I know some of the deals I posted didn’t quite go as planned (I’m mainly talking about the Gilt Zoobie Pets deal). I normally test out deals more thoroughly… But, as I’m sure you understand, my attention and focus was not at all on my blog today. Hopefully I’ll be back in the swing of things tomorrow!

Oh and seriously the way all of you help each other out in the comment section is so awesome! I was especially touched when I was reading all the comments on this post. You all are so generous.

Be the first Hip reader to comment!

• Amanda says:

I hope hubby recovers fully soon. And I hope you can get a brake in there too. I know how hubbys are when they are down! My prayers are with your family! And COLIN YOU ARE AWESOME! We love you and are so thankful for you! :)

• Cindy Starcher says:

Glad to hear that your husband is doing well! Guess you tapped into those awesome frozen items tonight! I bet you were thankful to have them on hand! I know ours have come in handy for my family this week! Take care, and thanks for asking us to think ahead!! Sometimes life happens and it is great when you are prepared. Hope your husband continues to heal well.

Sincerely,

Cindy

• Allison says:

Like many others, I did not notice that this was an “off” day for you in posts…..looked fine to me! We appreciate being kept in the loop with your life, although it must be weird for you sometimes to think that there are thousands of people out there who “know” you, LOVE you, appreciate you, and wish you and your family the best!!!!! Most of your readers have families too, and want you to be able to be with yours when it matters the most! Thank you for everything. Prayers for you all! :)

• Jo Ann says:

A big ol’ “Get Well Soon” to the hubby! Do what you need to do for him. I think by what I have read here in the “Comments” section, that we will all understand if you choose to spend some extra time helping him recover. Family should ALWAYS come first. I fully support you taking a day off. We’ll still be here when you get back. :)

• Annette says:

You’re the best, Collin. I hope your husband recovers quickly.

• Lynn says:

Collin, thanks for all that you do even when you have much more important priorities to attend to! Hoping for a speedy recovery for your hubby and some good family time for all of you. Thanks again….you’re the best!

• carena says:

Sending warm thoughts and prayers your way!! Take care and thank you for all that you do!!

• Lisa says:

I am praying for a quick recovery for your husband. I also want to thank you for keeping up this wonderful website. It’s been a tight year for our family financially, and I’ve been able to snag a lot of free and cheap things by checking your site each day. I know you’re helping a lot of people. Thank you for all that you do.

• Marie M says:

I’m thinking of y’all.

• Brittany says:

Are you seriously apologizing? What? Hip2save is awesome even when your having an off day. That’s really saying something. Best wishes for you and your hubby.

• Rita G says:

My husband just had ACL recosntruction so I am feeling you right now and I don’t even do half as much as you do and I work full time!!! This past week I have been the driver for not only the kiddos but the huby too!!! “my time” has been 4th place.. it went Hubby, kids, dogs, and ME!!! HAHA!! But I managed to sneak out for a few soccergames which help to burn off some tiresome agression :) Thanks for all you do Collin! Good luck to your hubby!!

• Lisa says:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for a speedy recover. Thanks Colin for all that you do :)

• Brooke says:

Collin i hope your hubby recovers quickly and i’ll be praying for you and your family! For teh record everyone has an “off” day and I think you do an AWESOME job!

• Heather says:

Collin I hope your hubby is feeling better soon! I know that had to be hard on you. No matter what the surgery is it is always nerve wracking. I didn’t notice that it was an “off day” either. I am with the other posters that said you deserve to take time off. We will still be here when you get back. Thank you for all that you do and I hope all is well.

• Mo says:

A quick recovery to him! Hoping some friends/family will be able to lend you an extra hand (or in this case extra calf?! LOL) until he is up and running again!

• Chantelle L says:

Goodness! Hope your husband gets well quickly! I appreciate all the time you put into your blog!

• Bessie says:

I am praying for a quick recovery. Please take all the time you need to take care of your husband, your family and yourself. Thanks for all you do!

• deb says:

hope hubby is doing good. Thanks again for all your help. Now take care of him.
    Deb

• ann says:

Collin, I hope your husband recovers quickly and fully without too much stress on you. Thanks for all you do. I have learned much from you.

• tricia says:

…to a speedy recovery….

• Barbi says:

Hope your sweetie is back to feeling great in record time. How lucky he is to have you. You probably have a sample product of every possible item he could ever want. I love free and you make it happen for us!

• linda says:

OK, seriously, the fact that you were around at all says volumes about your commitment to H2S. Glad he’s doing well. We all appreciate your time and dedication.

• c j says:

Weird. I had surgery done on the 4th too! I checked in at 0930 and didn’t get home until 1600. Hope your hubby feels better soon!

• Delynda says:

Bless you and your hubby! You are right where you need to be. Praying for a speedy recovery. Thanks for all you do for us!

• OiOi says:

Wishes & prayers for a speedy recovery!

• Kirsten says:

Reading this made me sad. I really hope that you take time off for family more. I hate to see you worrying about this site for the community when your husband is going thru surgery. Please take time off. We will still be here! Thanks for all that you do but we would all understand a simple post that you will be gone for a bit.

• kimberly says:

I hope he is feeling better!

• shellbelle1229 says:

Family first! Please, never feel bad about putting your blog second; we all understand! I hope your husband is recovering quickly, and that you are all doing well. Take care of yourself!

• [...] I will not being doing the Hip2Save Holiday Challenge this week due to my hubby having surgery on Thursday. The Final week of the Hip2Save Holiday Challenge will start on Monday, 11/15. Thanks [...]

• kristinbrianne says:

Just wanted to tell you that your hubby’s on my prayer list! Hope all is well. Medical issues are all too often dealt with in our home, as I’m trying to recover from a bone infection that we can’t control. So far I’ve seen the inside of a recovery room 6 times since September 11, which was not a day I wanted to have surgery, but if your husband has half the great attitude you do I”m sure he’ll recover quickly and easily.

Thanks for all the wonderful help that you provide to help so many people afford “luxury” on a “Dollar Tree budget”. I had to let go of my blog when I started to get sick and all of the hard work was hard to see gone away, but I’m glad you and a few other wonderful gals are there so I can still save!