*HOT* Herbal Essences Coupon + Deal Scenarios

Did you know that Herbal Essences products are in fact part of the Clairol Family of brands? I actually didn’t know this. If you go to the Clairol site, you can see what I’m talking about. The top tabs have all the Clairol family of brands listed including Herbal Essences, Natural Instincts + More! So now why am I telling you this? Well, check out the email I received from reader, Nancy:

Hi Collin. Just wanted to let you know of a great deal I just found out about tonight while doing some transactions at my fav Rite Aid. They told me (because the cashiers/managers are great there) that the $2.00 off one Clairol Family coupon from the 10/31 P&G insert is good towards the Herbal Essences shampoo/conditioners as they are Clairol products and the coupons scan without any difficulty at all. So now not only is it free with a $2 UPR, but it’s a MM. Hope this helps you and a lot of readers.

How cool is that?! :) Now check out the following deals you can score…

Rite Aid
Herbal Essences Shampoo, Conditioner or Stylers $2.99
Use the $2/1 Clairol Family coupon from the 10/31 PG
Pay $0.99
Get back a $2 +Up Reward
Final cost FREE + a $1 moneymaker!

CVS
Herbal Essences $2.99 = $2 Ecb (limit 1)
Use the $2/1 Clairol Family coupon from the 10/31 PG
Pay $0.99
Get back a $2 Ecb
Final cost FREE + a $1 moneymaker!

Be the first Hip reader to comment!

• Erin says:

Has anyone tried this @ Walgreens? THere are no CVS stores here and the closest Rite Aid is farther then I’d like to drive…

• Kathyrn says:

I’m very nervous to try this, I don’t want it to seem like I am trying to scam them

• sammy says:

and it doesnt help that it has a picture of hair dye!

• Mary says:

It didn’t work for me! The cashier said it had to be the same product as the picture

• Phyllis Morgan says:

I tried it and it didn’t work for me either! I would think that someone must have had to over ride it, in order for that person to be able to do it! My Rite aid is great and she tried several times but the register beeped each time!

• jr911 says:

Didn’t work today and the picture on the coupon ONLY shows the hair color….I didn’t even ask the cashier to override…I pick my battles.

• Nicole says:

Didn’t work for me today either. The manager even came up and said no.

• sammy says:

i did it today and it beeped! and the rep was like its only for hair dye. i said its for any clairol item. she was like im going to have to manually put it in and im going to get in trouble. i felt bad but hey! :\ free shampoo? :)

• Julie says:

Ya they wouldn’t take it today :( When I went on the Clairol website last night it was only hair dye products on the site and one of them had Herbal Essence in it so it seems like Clairol and Herbal teamed up together for the hair dye so it beeped because Herbal isn’t owned by Clairol! Bummer!

• Audrie says:

My Rite Aid wouldn’t take it. She told me that she couldn’t override it, even though she didn’t try. I nicely pointed out that it said ANY Clairol family, but she was already being grouchy. She insisted that it was only for hair color.

• Tina says:

The CVS I went to won’t take it either. The cashier didn’t even try, she kept insisting that only hair colour shown in the picture. Sais!. Oh, has anyone ever has trouble using 2 munufacturer coupons on BOGO? This store won’t allow it and when I called the corporate office, She backed the store manager and said CVS does not have a corporate coupon policy published and what I read online is not accurate??? Wish we can get hold of this Danielle whose email reply was published here. Any help, Collin?

• linda2010 says:

@Tina – When I started couponing back in May, I saw that CVS didn’t have a coupon policy online, so I went online and e-mailed customer service myself. They e-mailed me back their unofficial version of the coupon policy. That’s what I carry around with me. I would try e-mailing them. At least if the e-mail is from them, to you, rather than their party, maybe it’s more believable? HTH!

• Canril says:

I work for Rite Aid the coupon will not scan and if we override it Rite Aid is out that money.

• kristen says:

Just wondering – if Clairol says they will reimburse the store for the coupon then why couldn’t Rite Aid submit it for reimbursement? Is it just against their policy to do that because it looks like they’re getting reimbursed for coupons where the product wasn’t actually purchased?

• Canril says:

We only get reimbursement if the coupon scans. Sometimes this is Rite Aids fault and we are happy to override or atleast I am. I know this is not the case at all Rite Aid stores.

• lydiakay says:

I tried the coupon today at CVS and she would not take it- said it was for hair color only. I had the other coupon and just let it go!

• Kathi says:

I used the coupon at CVS today for the shampoo. The lady at the register even asked if I had the coupon! So, some stores have their act together!