Walmart Accepts Competitor's Coupons?!

Wow! Walmart may soon become a favorite store of couponers everywhere! As most of you know, Walmart has clearly stated that internet coupons will gladly be accepted (see my post about this topic here). Well…I was just informed earlier today that Walmart has also announced in the weekly ad (see picture above taken directly from the weekly ad) that competitor’s coupons will also be accepted!!! Wowza! This should mean that you can use a Target store coupon stacked with a regular manufacturer’s coupon and snag some sweet savings…I have yet to personally try this out at my local Walmart but it is definitely on my to-do list.

Have you successfully used a competitor’s coupon at your local Walmart? Have you used a Target store coupon stacked with a manufacturer’s coupon at your Walmart? Please share your successes and failures with us below!

(Thanks, Ohio Coupon Connection!)

****************************************************************

On a side note, if you head to Walmart in the next few days, be on the lookout for a coupon booklet called “Game Day Playbook.” Reader, Vaylene, found this coupon booklet by a Ritz cracker display in the meat/cheese section of her Walmart. The manufacturer’s coupons in this booklet are: $1/2 Nabisco Crackers (6 oz -16.5 oz); $1/2 Kraft or Cracker Barrel Natural Chuck cheese; $1/2 packages of Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh meat; $1/1 Velveeta 1lb or larger and one can of RoTel (any variety); and $1/2 packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.

(Thanks, Vaylene!)

• Kristin says:

Have you seen this?!?! Walmart states they are NOT accepting competitor coupons and Sunday’s ad was a printing ERROR!!! OH NO!!!

• Christina says:

I contacted my local Walmart regarding the statement on their ad stating that they accept competitors coupons. They will price match to the competitor, but will not accept the competitors coupons themselves. If they item is not on sale with the competitor, they can give you the amount off that the competitor’s coupon indicates, but that’s it. They WILL NOT let you stack competitor’s coupons and manufacturer’s coupons on the same item. Bummer!!

• JLPate says:

Hey Everyone, I went to my local WallieWorld this afternoon loaded w/ all my stores ads and
    coupons. Well you know the drill, “We don’t accept those , they are from XYZ store and I promptly pulled out my walmart ad stating that they accept competitors coupons and luckily a
    Manager was standing close by that I have dealt w/before and she told the cashier she has you
    on this one. It wouldn’t scan but they gave it to me at that price, so basicly it the same as matching compet. coupons

• Donna says:

I was so disappointed with my experience today at Walmart. Went in with 4 coupons and handed them to the cashier. I wasn’t watching her do her job (my big mistake), I just paid for my items and left. Later on when I was at home and reviewing my receipt, I realized she only used 2 out of my 4 coupons!!! She didn’t even say a word to me about the other 2!! I was livid. They were all valid, unexpired coupons. There was no reason for her to not use them. I have no idea what went through her mind, but I was so ticked off when I realized I didn’t get the extra $2 off from my two coupons. Even if she had an issue with them, she should have 1) said something 2) returned them to me. I am really getting irritated with Walmart. It is by far my least favorite place to shop. I guess I learned a lesson to always pay attention to the cashier and make sure they are doing their job correctly.

• Jen says:

I paid a visit to my local Walmart yesterday (I rarely shop there), with my Target coupons, Kroger coupons, various ads from competitors, etc. After about an hour and a half I was ready to check out. The cashier informed me when I presented him with my various coupons that they do not accept other store coupons. He even went to the trouble of calling a mgr over and she told me the same thing. I pulled out my Walmart ad, they studied it and then the mgr replied “I hate when we aren’t told about this stuff!” I smiled to myself and thought, its Wednesday afternoon, you’re a mgr and you don’t take the time to review the local ad from the store in which you manage! :)
    Needless to say I saved over $80 between price matching and coupons. Not sure if I will start shopping there on a regular basis, the store is full of creepy people. :)
    Clearly it is not a print error or else they would have pulled the ad or issued a statement on their website. Good Luck!

• guai says:

i just called 1-800walmart and they told me this was a mistake and they don’t accept comp coupons. i also call each walmart in my area and they too told me the same thing but they didn’t see the ad nor told me it was a mistake:\

• Angel says:

Walmart does accept competitor coupons its in their coupon policy. Go online and print off a copy of their coupon policy and take it with you to the store.

• Brittany says:

thats a pretty huge mistake to make dont you think? i mean a typo is one thing but this? i just dont understand how you can print up an entire ad and then….OOPS! makes no sense to me. and its just not far that we have to get all the way up there to the store just to have someone tell us its a no-go. hmmm……wally-world clearly has some internal issues to fix. or atleast let us redeem the comp. coupons for a limited time until the situation is fixed.

• Nina says:

Walmart is false advertising. Just came from there gave the cashier 2 walgreens coupons for $1 off she didn’t know what I was doing then I whipped out my ad. She called a CSM and she didn’t know. Just so happen that the store manager was up front he told her that the ad is misleading and that they don’t take money off coupons from other stores. He said they match the coupons of other stores ex: walgreens coupon mac n cheese 2/$3 basically comp coupons like comp sales from other stores. Sucks for me thought walmart was my new BFF

• Cathy says:

Walmart can never get their own policies right. This sounds like a law suit ready to happen, especially since this sounds like its been “nationally” advertised. I live in Colorado and I have that same advertisement. I haven’t tried to used competitors coupons yet. It’s always such a hassle when Walmart does such things.

• Kim says:

I am not surprised that this is a mistake! My local Walmart really ticked me off last night over two coupons! I had SEVERAL items in my order and two of the items were bottles of Excedrin for $3.48. I had two free coupons for the Excedrin (up to $5.99) that I received in the mail from the manufacturer–thanks to a deal posted here! :) I handed the cashier my two coupons and she was not sure how to input them, so she called over the CSM. The cashier was very polite but the CSM was a different story. Without even looking at the watermark verification she stated Walmart does not accept free coupons. I showed her the corporate coupon policy from Walmart.com which states “Walmart accepts the following types of coupons (see guidelines below): •Free merchandise (or manufacturer’s Buy-One-Get-One-Free) coupons.” She said her store manager informed the employees that their store does not accept free item coupons, so APPARENTLY that is the only franchised Walmart in the Country (note my sarcasm). I called the store manager today and he said they normally don’t take the coupons but he would give me two free bottles of Excedrin–what a nightmare!

• Lynn says:

Kim, not sure you live but WalMart does take free coupons. It is in their coupon policy I know this is a FACT I work as a Walmart CASHIER! Internet coupons do give the register trouble but your cashier only has to put the coupon in as a vendor coupon with the amount. In a case where you are unhappy with results give the head office a call if something is broken they cannot fix it if they do not know it. WalMart will ad match a competitors coupon if it say’s for instance buy a 2 liter of soda for .89c they will ad match it. Ask to see the coupon policy at the store your cashier should have a copy at the register.

• Amy says:

I just talked with my local Walmart (Oberlin, Ohio) and they stated well your reading it wrong. We take coupons (manufacturer’s) and we will price match local competitor’s prices BUT we will not take competitor’s coupons!!

And they wonder why people don’t want to shop there?

• Robin Stevens says:

I recently went to my home town Walmart and used competitor coupons with a little confusion on this circular. I was told by the store manager I could use the competitor coupons and ads. Today I went again and pre-asked the supervisor before checking out (most employees seem to know nothing about the matching of competitor coupons). This was the same supervisor whom I had talked to with the store manager two days prior. She informed me that this note on this circular (which expired Jan.8th) was part of the sale for that week only. They would not be accepting competitor coupons. She did allow me today but no more. Has anyone else been informed differently? I was excited about this offer as I have to drive to another town to use allot of my competitor coupons.

• randa says:

I tried to use a target coupon this evening and I was told I couldn’t. They even called the manager over who said the same thing. I explained about the ad, but was told no.

• almadh says:

Well I have tried using my coupons 3 weeks in row at walmart with the same disappointment each week!!! It is a hassle every single time!!! More than half the time the cashier simply will not except them. Yesterday I saved $126 in coupons at Target…Afterwards I went to Walmart and tried to use $2.00 in coupons and the cashier gave me grief! NEVER AGAIN. I am a Target fan for life

• Jennifer Jeppsen says:

It is my goal to one day never have to shop at Wal-Mart again, and I have told this to the manager who turned out to be a very helpful man. I made this call after one of the many nightmare trips I’ve recently experienced. I’ve been told by one cashier that he “didn’t feel like taking coupons today”. I’ve been told by another lady when she asked me why I hadn’t been in there for so long, that I had been saving more money by shopping at other stores, that it was impossible to do so and my coupons had better be current. I’ve been told I had to wait about fifteen minutes for a lady to walk back to the back of the store to get me a box of diapers because she was “busy”. One day when my kids are a little older and I have more time, I will shake the dust of that crummy store off my feet, and head for the nearest Dillons!

• Heather says:

My WalMart is awesome! (It’s a Neighborhood Market WalMart) The manager copies the weekly ads from stores and posts them at each cash register so the cashiers have the competitor’s prices on hand. I just price-matched for the first time at this WalMart and it went PERFECTLY! I’m SO glad that I have one of the few good WalMarts around. I won’t be going to very many other stores from now on!

• keely says:

i just called and they said it was for only THAT week!

• kim says:

I just called my local Walmart here in Jacksonville NC. I spoke to a CSM Christine and she sounded very knowledgeable about coupons and very nice too. She said YES they do accept others coupon such as Target. She even said “but we do not accept BOGOs though”. Not too many even say that so she just might be a couponer too. lol. Anyway, she also said I can stack them too which is great because I have a Target $1/1 Oatmeal and a manufacturers $1/1 also so that will be great. Glad I got her name so we will see if it all works out as planned. :)

• kathleen keane says:

Went to Wal-Mart tonight with a coupon $2 off meat from Safeway football booklet. Before I bought the meat, I went to the customer service and asked for a manager. Showed her the coupon. She told me “We do not accept that coupon because it has many stores printed at the top of it, not just one store (it says safeway, dominick’s, etc.) All 3 Wal-Mart employees insisted that they did not take competitor’s coupons — she did say that they would take Wal-green’s coupons from their ad — in other words — she would take coupons out of ad’s but not one out of a Safeway book. I have written Wal-Mart so we will see — but I had no luck.

• QueenofKBay says:

You CANNOT stack coupons at Walmart. The coupon policy specifically states that you can only use ONE COUPON per item. Although it IS true that they accept competitor’s coupon (it is stated online and you can print it out to bring to the store), they are not permitted to stack two coupons for one item.