OfficeMax: FREE Bic Triumph Pens

UPDATE: It appears that this may be one of those YMMV situations. I would recommend that you contact your local OfficeMax to confirm whether they will or will not accept manufacturer coupons. If not, you may consider trying to price match at your local Staples.

You can never have enough pens, right?! We seem to lose pens left and right in my household so I always try to stock up when free pens are available. Check out the deal scenario below to see how you can snag FREE Bic Triumph Pens at OfficeMax this week…

Buy 2 BIC Triumph Pens 4 pack 2/$8
Use the in-store printable coupon found here to make them 2/$4 (to access this coupon, you will need to enter your zip code and email here and will then need to click on the 2nd page of the ad; print the ad to bring with you into the store)
Use 2 $2/1 coupons from the 1/9 SS
Final Cost FREE!

(Thanks, Kristina!)

• Nikki Lane says:

does anyone know if you could use this coupon as a competitor coupon at like office depot and do the same deal there?

• Jaime says:

What does SS mean? I’ve been wondering that for awhile. I always miss out on deals because I don’t know where to look…

• Sheri says:

The bottom of the page says cannot be combined with any other coupon. Does that mean any other Office Max coupon or would that include regular man Qs?

• Sandra S. says:

I did not get that coupon in my area, boo!!!

• Kristi says:

Why can I not find the 50% off coupon? What am I missing?

• Can you find the SS coupon online?

• Patricia Zachary says:

do i really have to print that entire ad for the coupon? can i pull it up on my ipad in the store and have the scan that?

• Carla says:

It says at the very bottom in tiny print “Cannot be combined with another coupon”

• Carla says:

Okay so I just called them and they said “One coupon per transaction per customer” LAME!

• karen says:

Many of the SmartSource and RedPlum coupons can be printed at smartsource.com and redplum.com

• april says:

we don’t have an office max but just a shout out to these pens…LOVE LOVE LOVE them, they are the only ones I use if I can help it…I got four packs free last week at Walgreens…they write SO well…highly recommended!

• Kara says:

Office Max DOES NOT take manufacture coupons. But you can take the ad and coupons to Staples and get the deal. Or take it to WalMart, this would be YMMV.

• Amber says:

My Office Max took my manufacturer’s coupons. They only had two left so I went to Staples after I purchased the two for free and Staples refused to price match because I was using the manufacturer’s coupons. :(

• Valerie says:

I went to Office Max.com and pulled up the flyer. It was listed on the first page. There was no coupon stating it was an email special. Anyone know how to really do this promo? I already have the manufacturer $2 coupons in hand.

• Amber says:

If you go to the link given and enter the info it will take you to a special bonus bonus page of coupons. There’s two pages of coupons. You’ll have to click to the second page and it’s on the bottom right. I guess you have to print the whole second page. It tried, but I need to get ink.

• WendyV says:

No coupon in the Detroit area:(

• I agree the best thing to do is to try at Wal-Mart or Staples. I have not price-matched at Wal-Mart before so I am not familiar with how it works.

Does Staples accept manufacturer’s coupons? If SO, they will price match with Office Max.

• Cheryl says:

Staples accepts Manufacture Q’s all the time. I am just not sure if they would take the OfficeMax store q and manuf q. I love Staples.

• Cheryl says:

I also remember seeing Q’s for these pens in the staples store. And they were to be used only at Staples.

• Amber says:

I just chatted with CS online for Staples. They said it is the manager’s choice whether to accept another store’s coupon or not. Bummer. I don’t like that sort of price match policy. I would rather it be set in stone! :) The manager’s I got wouldn’t take it because I wanted to pay with MQ. One manager actually rang it all up for me. Then when I went to pay with my MQ she told me that she wasn’t supposed to price match it. She just didn’t like that I was getting them for free.

• Bonnie says:

I have price matched at Walmart quite a few times and it is always so easy! I don’t even go to CS anymore, they do it right in the regular checkout lane for me. I also saved the Walmart ad that had the “We match any competitors sale price or coupon” announced right on it, but I have never had to pull it out!

• Robin H says:

I will be taking this to Wal-Mart this week to test out their “new” coupon policy… I’ll report back!

• Lacey says:

FYI, I tried going to my Walmart here in TX and price-matching last week’s Walgreens ad (didn’t want to full with Walgreen adjusting a coupon down $0.01 cent). I COULD NOT find Bic Triumph at my store, so some may not be able to price-match at Walmart. We looked really well too. Target might be a better place to price-match. If anyone does, please let us know.

• Lynsey says:

I was in Walgreens yesterday and the were out of the 2-pack that were on sale for $1.99, so I took a chance and asked the manager if there was anything he could do. He let me use the 3-pack (with black, blue & red) as a substitute. So, I walked out with two packs of three for free. That managers attitude and willingness to help made me a new Walgreens customer.

• Nikki says:

No $2 MC in South Suburbs of Chicago:(

• Grace says:

So, has anyone been successful with this deal yet?

• Anonymous says:

I just called Staples – and they stated they DO pricematch OfficeMax!

• Amber says:

but it’s up to the manager whether or not they want to take competitor’s coupons. LOL The two I checked with wouldn’t, because I was using MQ also. Office MAX was awesome. They did the deal perfectly. I got 8 packs of pens for the price of tax. Office Max rules with this deal!

• Shebella says:

That wouldnt let me do the deal.

• Kristina says:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kristina and I told Collin about the pen deal so please don’t blame her.
    I tried checking their coupon policy online before I sent the deal to Collin but couldn’t find one online so I figured the must not have an official one like Wags use to be, but after seeing the posts I called corporate and found out that they don’t have a “policy” but rather just a list of NO’s. I don’t mean to bash but I think this is just ridiculous. 1st) No MQ’s 2) No Competitor Q’s 3) One Office Max coupon per person/ transaction. I think this is just awful and they have definitely lost my business.

Again I’m sorry everyone

-Kristina

• Monique says:

Yeah, my local one doesn’t take any coupons either. Sooooo lame, eh?

• Emily says:

If Office Max is anything like Office Depot (and from some of the comments above it sounds like they are) they won’t accept a manufacturer’s q and an in store q. Stupid, isn’t it? I found that out a couple of weeks ago getting the HP paper OD had on special. Very annoying.

• Tried using a manufacturer coupon at Office Depot yesterday and it wouldn’t scan…. called customer service to ask whether they accept manufacturer coupons and the guy on the phone wasn’t even 100% sure. They couldn’t even write in the bar code…

• […] Hip2Save. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, […]

• luba says:

I went to Staples today to do a price match, they wouldnt let me use the manufacturers coupons but i got 4 packs for 2$ each.

• Misty Mc. says:

Husband tried this yesterday and they refused to take both the $2 off manu q’s because they said “One Coupon Per Purchase”. So he just walked away knowing I’d be upset with their mistake. I was so proud. Hope to try again at a different location later this week.

• Jenn says:

I got the deal at my Office Max. Had to speak with the manager to do it but I got the deal. I only had one of the $2 off coupons though but it’s still a deal at $2 for two packs of pens.

• Did anyone have any luck at Wal-Mart or Staples?

• Linda Phelps says:

Just got home from a marathon shopping/taking back trip. OfficeMax in Jacksonville, NC said only one coupon could be used per item (or per transaction…now I can’t remember). It could be the OfficeMax coupon or a manufacturer coupon, but not both. I took my OfficeMax ad to Staples where they were happy to honor the OfficeMax price of 2/$4 and use two $2/1 manufacturer coupons.
    I keep seeing people with coupon binders–I always ask if they are Hip2Savers and they are….

It pays to be a nice, regular customer:

1. Last week, I told a pharmacy checker that she had forgotten to give me my $4 coupon back when it could not be used on the order I was purchasing. She took $1 off four items for me.

2. I was at an office supply store returning some ink cartridges that had not expired, but were close…with no receipt. The checker took them back without an issue.

I had serious issues during my trip today, but kept a smile on my face and joked around with the checkers and we made it through….

• Eva says:

I actually just came home from Office Max in central PA where I successfully got this deal. I was trying to use my 2 $2/1 coupons last week at Walgreens but they were out of the pens all week :( But I guess this week’s Office Max deal was better for me. I didn’t have any problems using my two coupons in one order with the store coupon.

• pb says:

no mfg coupon for me in wisconsin

• Gery says:

In Miami Fl…My DH just went to 2 stores and they said no MQ’s, so he walked. He is doing really good for being in training..hehehehe.