It's Mega Swagbucks Day… So Start Searching!

Just a reminder, today is Mega Swagbucks Day – which means you may be able to score more Swagbucks then you normally do just by searching the web! Here are a few other ways you can earn Swagbucks, for those of you just starting out…

* Searching the web
If yours is a winning search, you will see a congratulations screen featuring your Swag Bucks award immediately above your search results; you will never be directed away from your search. You can win multiple Swag Bucks every day; Swag Bucks can be won in denominations ranging from 1 – 1,000.

* Taking Surveys
Each survey that you chose to engage with may have a different Swag Bucks payout. Completing “deeper profiles” helps Swag Bucks alert you only to surveys for which you qualify and typically enables you to complete more targeted surveys which have significantly higher Swag Bucks payouts. Snag 1 Swag Buck per day just for heading over to the Survey page!

* Shopping at the Shop & Earn Mall
Select one of the partnering online retailers and earn 2 Swag Buck for every dollar you spend.

* Voting in Daily Polls
Snag 1 Swag Buck per day for voting in the daily poll.

* Sending in prize photos and videos
Send a photo of yourself and your Swag Store prize to prizephoto@swagbucks.com and 10 Swag Bucks will be credited to your account within approximately 7 to 14 business days (you must be in the photo with your prize to earn Swag Bucks). You can also film a video of yourself unboxing your prize from its shipping material and then upload your video to http://www.youtube.com and send the url link of your video to prizephoto@swagbucks.com and you’ll snag 20 Swag Bucks!

* Watching videos
Swag Bucks are awarded randomly via Swag Bucks TV. Not every video you watch will earn you Swag Bucks, but just like Swag Bucks search, every video you watch is a chance to earn.

*Playing Games
Swagbucks recently released FREE Swagbucks Games… find a game you like, play for free AND you’ll be eligible to earn bonus Swag Bucks just for playing!! There are two ways to be rewarded for playing games (1) Play games for free and you will randomly earn from 1-5 Swag Bucks (2) Buy into tournaments where you risk a small amount of Swag Bucks for the chance to earn a large amount. Just login or register and click on the “Earn” tab, then in the drop down menu choose “Games”.

* Inviting your friends to join
Invite your friends to Swagbucks.com and every Swag Buck they win searching the web, you’ll win as well. Win up to 1,000 Swag Bucks per referral!

* Completing Special Offers
To ensure that an offer has been completed, follow the instructions provided for each individual offer. The offer needs be completed in the same session and all information required to complete the offer MUST be accurate. The majority of offers will credit your Swag Bucks account within 20 minutes. However, the estimated wait time varies from offer to offer. Some may take a few hours or a couple of days before final confirmation is received.

* Finding Swag Codes
Swag Codes are strings of alphanumeric text that you can apply for instant Swag Bucks. Swag Codes can appear anywhere, and at any time, throughout the Swag Bucks network including the Swagbucks newsletter, any Swag Bucks powered Search&Win Site; the Official Swag Bucks blog, Facebook Fan Page, Twitter page, Flickr page; and affiliated partner sites. Swag Codes can be redeemed by entering the codes into the Swag Codes box on your My Account page.

* Trading in Cell Phones and Video Games
You can earn Swag Bucks for each phone you trade-in up to 3,000 Swag Bucks per phone; there is no limit to how many phones you can recycle.

* Print Coupons
You will earn 10 Swag Bucks for every coupon that you print from Swagbucks.com and use in the store. It can take anywhere from 8-12 weeks for the Swag Bucks to show up in your account.

* Share Your Birthday
Be sure that you enter your birthday in the account details and you’ll snag 50 Swag Bucks on the big day!

What can I use my Swag Bucks to purchase?

Swag Bucks can be used to purchase clothing, items for the kitchen, electronics, gift cards and more in the Swag Store! My personal favorite item is a $5 Amazon e-Card for 450 Swag Bucks!

If you are a frequent Swagbucks user, be sure to share your tips and tricks with Swagbucks newbies! Thanks! :)

• Swagbucks is awesome! I saved up all last year (well, whatever was left after I got my baby’s free diapers through amazon) and ended up with almost 300.00 that i spent on Christmas.
    Every little bit helps and this is fun and easy!!! And well worth it!

• rose says:

I tried to checkout how and what Swagbucks is and cant get the info without downloading their task bar. Can some of you let me know your experience with swagbucks please. Not sure if this is something i want to do without all the info.

• Shannon says:

Swagbucks is GREAT!!! You can search to earn bucks. Take a daily poll to earn one buck, do the NOSO’s ( Offers that you can skip through to get a buck) PLay games, in which you can earn 2 swag bucks multiple times a day.. Anyways, I ALWAYS cash mine in for amazon gift cards. You only need 450 Swagbucks for a $5 card. I have started over with $0 on December 13th and i have already cashed in $40 worth of Amazon giftcards. I love it! It’s easy, free, and fun.

• Laura says:

really? i never had to download anything. try again.
      you can always try through mine…… :)

• Amie says:

Im signing up now and I do see the “option” for downloading the toolbar but it should also have a column to the right that says the truths or facts(something like that) and under that column by clicking on go to swagbucks and start earning will bipass all of that downloading its only optional. Hope this helps :)

• Sarah says:

Anyone want to help out a fellow hip2saver? I would love for you to sign up under me and we can both get rewarded!!!

• Crystal Johnson says:

While we are sharing links, I guess I will throw mine out there. Help me too please! http://swagbucks.com/refer/carlsmommy Thanks in advance!

• Amie says:

ok So to all you swaggers! I just signed up and I’m lost on where to go from the homepage. Can someone please help me know where to go and start? Please and thank you :)

• Amie says:

Ok I think i just found in light gray print on where to go. lol Also, what is a swagcode for? Do I need to find a swagcode? And how?

• Stacey says:

FYI I just noticed that when I went to the swagbucks coupons they are coupons.com and I was a little disappointed because I had printed the BOGO vitamin water last night. Much to my surprise all the coupons were there and I could print them twice. YAY

• Lynnette says:

I love Swagbucks! Be sure to do Swagbucks TV — guaranteed 75 swagbucks a day. I carry my laptop in while watching regular TV and let it roll. I tend to stick with the entertainment, fashion, and pets categories. There is a meter than tells you how close you are to getting a 5 swagbucks. It takes 20 (they are pretty short – 1 to 2 minutes) videos for each 5 but if you watch the meter you can jump from one video to the next in a few seconds. There is a short commercial at the beginning but they aren’t very long. If you do the random searches, get the 4 (NOSO, toolbar, daily poll, and survey) points, the occasion special offer videos, and Swagbucks TV you will easily have enough points for the 5 $5 Amazon GCs. I don’t have any referrals so if you also can convince friends to do that, even bonus. All and all, pretty easy!

• Casey says:

is THAT how the swagbucks tv thing works? I’ve watched videos before and never earned swagbucks, so I gave up! Where is this meter thing? I’ll have to try it again. You said it takes 20 videos or 20min of viewing to earn the 5 swagbucks? Thanks for the tips!

• CJ says:

There’s a new feature (I saw it today for the first time) on SBTV that makes you confirm that you’re still watching, once or twice during each meter period. So you cant just leave the videos on for hours and rack up the points without confirming at least a few times.

• MommyX2 says:

What do you “search” for to earn swag bucks?!

• Casey says:

Anything. But you can only win swagbucks I think at most once per hour, so if you win, don’t keep searching just to win more, wait and try again later.

• MommyX2 says:

Thanks! How do I know if I win swag bucks?

• Casey says:

Search just like using google or any other search engine. If you win swagbucks you will know right away a little banner thing shows up at the top of your search results saying “You have won $XX” swagbucks.” Mine usually range from 7 to 11 swagbucks. Is that normal everyone?

• Shannon says:

That is normal. I have been using SB since August and never believed that MEGA SB day was real but today I lucked out and got 51 SB for a search!! YAY!

• CJ says:

You can win several times an hour. Other times you can go hours without getting any. I got SB for 4 searches within 2 hours yesterday. Today I’ve only gotten SB once and I’ve been searching on and off all day.

• Andrea says:

I love swagbucks! I have cashed them in for so many Amazon e-gift cards. We used them to purchase a lot for Christmas gifts last year. We are accumulating them already for Christmas 2011 because Amazon gift cards never expire.

I use swagbucks to search url’s for every site I visit. It’s a great way to multiply your chances of earning.

• DP says:

Is anyone having a (virus) issue with the games? Last night I was playing and before I could play a box popped up “Application is requesting to store information on your computer, accept or decline?” I have also read the snake game may have a virus.

• Heather says:

I now have earned 200 swag bucks from coupons that I printed out through the link :-) Love it

• Tori says:

I love swagbucks. I cashed out for $5 amazon codes from when i started, August til Nov., and i had accrued about $200 dollars worth of Amazon credits. It really helped with Christmas. I would love a referral if someone would help me out. Here is my link

• fran leone says:

I Love swag bucks. I have only been at it since mid November, but I have been about to $75 in agc and have 4335sbs waiting to be spent.. It can be addicting….LOL

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/auttumnc0l0rs if anyone is interested =)

Fran

• Brittany says:

I really don’t understand how this is worth it for so many people. I joined a while ago and searched and never even go any swagbucks so I just stopped. I went back today and tried ALL 15 or so surveys and I didn’t qualify for ANY of them. It just seems like such a waste of time. How is it such a great program? I just don’t get it!

• PNP says:

I’ve never qualified for any of the surveys either – and it wastes my time to see if I qualify. :P If I’m searching the internet FOR something I actually am truly looking for, I’ll use swagbucks, but I agree that its not worth it to just do it for the swagbucks.

• CJ says:

I have a list of couponing blogs I go to everyday. I just type the blog names into the search field and I hit on SB 2-5 times a day. I get other points for the polls, accessing the surveys (I dont do the surveys, just opening the screen give you 1 SB), the NOSO, occasionally watching some videos for the 5 SB, and I find Swag Codes on the SB Blog and on Facebook. I dont get any SB from referrels. I have enough points now to cash in for $80 in Amazon credit or $40 in Target.com credit. So it is possible to get a lot of SB just from a few different activities.

• anita says:

is this something you can do without ever leaving the house?

• Collay says:

If anyone would be so kind to help me out, I don’t have any referrals right now:

Swagbucks is a GREAT way to earn extra money. So far in the 3 weeks of 2011 I’ve already cashed out for 5 $5 Amazon gift cards and a $50 Amazon gift card! I can’t wait to be able to use my Swagbucks for Christmas next year to have very, very little out of pocket :). Thank you to anyone kind enough to sign up under my referral link….it’s great appreciated!

• Zack says:

My only advice is to stick with it, every day. Here’s basically what I do every day:
    Daily Poll = 1SB, Simply visit the Trusted Surveys section = 1SB, Daily NOSO (No Obligation Offers) = 1SB, Open browser with Swagbucks Toolbar = 1SB. That’s a guaranteed 4 a day. Then I search in the morning until I win or until 3-4 minutes have passed. I win 95% of the time. Then I do the same thing at night. Searching averages me about 8-10 SBs per win.

Just doing those things can get you the 450SB reward of a $5 Amazon gift card at least once every month! That’s $60 a year for free! And that is if you are doing NOTHING else through swagbucks! Finding secret codes gets you more, as does signing up for free offers. It’s sooo easy!
    I would also just say that if you are going to sign up, do it through Collin’s link, as it is a nice way to reward her for all of the hard work she does for everyone here.

• Amanda says:

So I signed up and tried to do a survey but every one i tried to do it says you’re not eligible to do. Does anyone else have problems doing surveys??

• Zack says:

Surveys are very tough to qualify for on Swagbucks. I give them a shot, but qualify for very few. See my post above for the ways to get easy Swagbucks. It takes some patience, but it pays off nicely!

• ashley says:

My best advice is remember to search daily!
    For example,
    If you do the daily poll +1 SB, win once in the morning +7 SB and win once at night + 9 SB. That’s 17 swagbucks a day!
    My average swagucks from searching is normally between 6SB-10SB per search. You can search for anything just like google.
    It’s 450 SB for $5 Amazon GC. or 700 SB for $5 in your paypal.

• Kristin says:

First search and I got 50 SB! Thanks, Collin! I always forget about SB.

• Katy says:

I downloaded the tool bar on my husbands computer and he uses it to search. My work computer won’t allow me to download anything but I made the search page my home page so anytime I’m going to a website I type it in there first. I rarely have luck with the surveys but I’ve bought a few of the daily deals because they go through Groupon and Living Social. I’m going to buy them anyway so why not get a few swagbucks while I’m at it.

• Allison says:

Some tips for Swag Bucks:

- Do your dailies, 1SB each: NOSO, Daily Poll, and Visit the Trusted Survey Dashboard. Install the toolbar and you get another 1 SB daily just for opening your browser. 4 SB a day, 120 SBs a month, which is pretty good. You only need 450 to snag a $5 Amazon gift card.

- Surveys are extremely rewarding, and allow you to earn more Swag Bucks relatively quickly. You just have to be lucky to qualify, and get through the entire survey. Surveys are always worth a shot at so make sure to check you Surveys often.

- Space out your searches throughout the day so you are more likely to win.

- Play the games, you can win up to 10 SBs a day. They’re somewhat fun and so easy. My favorite is Crazy Taxi.

- Codes are another great way to earn. They are only available for a short time, so when you find one, enter it into the “Gimme” box.
    Secret Tip: Go to facebook.com/swagbucks where you can know if there’s an active code out if you see “Thanks TSG” messages everywhere.

- SwagbucksTV; really tedious but you can still get plenty of SwagBucks from it, up to 75 a day. Leave autoplay on while you do other stuff if you wish. Just be sure to check the page often and you might receive a pop up asking if you are still there, so just click on the button saying you are.

- Let me know if you have any questions. I love to help people ~

PLEASE sign up here :) :

I would be so appreciative if anyone would sign up under my link. It would be awesome for both of us to be rewarded. Thank you so much!! It would really mean the world to me. :) Much love!!

• Lola says:

Do you get SB on any game? Im not getting anything ? Anyone know?

• Stacy says:

I’ve got a couple questions for you swagbucks users. My husband is very particular when it comes to downloading things on the computer. So I haven’t tried this yet. What type of “cookies” or personal information gets collected when you use SB? Have you had any bugs/viruses appear after using sb? I would appreciate any other “techy” info you might have – since this is so outside my realm of knowledge. ;-) Thanks!

• mouni says:

My husband is the same way. I haven’t had any problem since I downloaded their toolbar. I’ve had it for almost 3 months and I love it! :) HTH.

• flattsfan96 says:

I am new and just signed up, thought I would add my link if anyone wants to sign up under me :)

Thanks

• mouni says:

Can somoene sign under me? I ‘d really appreciate it! :)

• Bonnie says:

Have your kids help you, if my daughter gets bored she will watch swagbucks TV or play the games. That way I can do other stuff (like make dinner) and she loves helping. She will also type all of our families names into the search engine until she wins, she’s got pretty good luck too, her name always wins. Also if you love daily deal sites like I do, dont forget to buy them through swagbucks, you can buy groupons and living social and earn 280 SBs for each one purchased.

• Beth says:

I had to take my computer in times because it got a virus that took over my computer. They fund out the second time that it came from the toolbar.

• Tara says:

I would love it if someone signed up under me. I’d really appreciate it :)

• ChandraD says:

I wish I had the time to understand how to use swagbucks. I think it is a great idea, but my schedule does not allow me much time to surf the web for points, etc. As a full-time pre-nursing student, full time mom of two teens, and being wife to my hubby of almost 20 years, time is precious to me……..

• berettas314 says:

Does anyone use ZoomBucks? I just stumbled upon this & did a little “investigating” online & it has good reviews. It’s supposed to be like SwagBucks, some like it better. I know, what could be better, right? I signed up & am going to give it a try! All the gift cards I can earn for vacation, birthdays, & Christmas (almost a whole year to earn!!), well it’s a huge help!! Good luck to all that join!

• Chrissie B. says:

If anyone would like to sign up with my link I’d really appreciate it. I don’t have any one signed up under me yet! Thanks, loves.

• robin says:

Is anyone having trouble with the meter showing up for SBTV? It was working last week and then it disappeared. I’m using Firefox. It’s not showing on my older version of IE either – in fact for some reason it won’t even play the vids. BUT it shows on my daughter’s older FF version. Wondering if it’s just me.
    Thanks!
    Oh, and those wondering – yes it’s worth it.
    And if you’d be so kind to sign up under my link I’d greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

• Tan says:

Been a member of swagbucks for awhile now..have not loaded tool bar but still have managed to get GREAT stuff and paypal cash just for searching thru their page… I reccomend them ! Christmas was a breeze with the goodies i got from them !