High Value $2/1 Perdue Oven Ready Coupon

I was just browsing Coupons.com and noticed a rare and pretty high value Perdue coupon! Head on over there (use zip code 90210 30023 – thanks, Jen!) and you should spot a $2/1 package of any Perdue Oven Ready product coupon, valid through 5/31/2011. I am not sure how much these products retail for, but this coupon should definitely help lower the cost and possibly score you an inexpensive dinner!

*Note: If you are still having issues with Coupons.com, check out their Facebook page.

• dara says:

I’m not seeing it… =(

• icegirl5899 says:

Looked high and low and no luck, if it was there it not there any more.

• Sue says:

I didn’t see it either. I used 90210 and my zip as well. :(

• Amber says:

I can’t find it :-( This would have been great, I’m always buying the Oven Ready Chicken Breasts when they are 40% off at my grocery store!

• linda says:

Looked under my zip code and the 90210 and cannot find it. Sure it is there?

• Tina says:

Coupons.com is still throwing up a virus fo me and a LOT of my local friends.. We cannot use thhis site because it has crashed several computers in the last week

• Allison says:

Ditto! I picked up the virus last week, a ton of extensive work to get that ‘bug’ off my laptop.

the virus pops up as Security Shield. It alerts you there is a virus on your computer, prompting you to click ‘OK’ to start the download. The download is the virus itself and it messes up your computer bad. Google it, it’s a bad one!

Staying off coupons.com for now :(

• Suzanne says:

Coupons.com was throwing up the bogus virus warning to me so I started going through Swagbucks and it doesn’t throw up the virus. My SIL said the same thing – no problem w/Swagbucks.

• Judy k says:

I read up on this a bit on the net ( coupons.com facebook and AVG). If you download free AVG security software from CNET it will detect a trojan and other corrupt files on your computer. It did on mine and I never clicked on the fake warning. My other virus protection didn’t detect it and I ran the microsoft one and malwarebites and they missed it.

• Stephanie says:

So glad I’m not the only one…it did it to me last night. Sucks!!!

• mouni says:

Yep, it happened to me yesterday when I forgot about the warnning. As soon as I opened the site something popped up and tried to hijack my browser. I was able to click it out and hope that it’s not lurking somewhere on my computer. What’s frustrating is that ”coupon.com” is in denial . When a lot of people e-mailed them about this problem ”coupon.com” claimed that it’s not their site but a problem with people’s computers. How ridiculous is that? I’m not sure but I believe that ”couponmom” has the same coupons as coupon.com?

• Bee says:

Okay, so I’ve been reading people’s comments about coupons.com for a week now and what happens when you go there, using this link, that link, etc etc.

Knock on wood, I have yet to see any sign of this subversive agent when I go there. My software has not blocked any pop-ups. In other words, it’s the same as going to any other site, period.

Logic would dictate that if it were coupons.com EVERYONE who goes there would be susceptible to this virus or trojan. If NOT, then there is another variable at play. I use FF but supposedly others have reported seeing it using FF. Other variables might be how often one updates their Windows OS (critical updates are frequent) and whether or not an Internet security suite is current and utilized correctly.

The absence of a problem is simply that. Other than coupons.com, I am sure that all of us click on hundreds of links a week that may or may not threaten our machines. There is no such thing as “safe surfing.” But there is a such thing as an ounce of prevention and preparing for the somewhat inevitable, i.e., backup your important stuff! That way if you are put in the position of restoring or reinstalling, it’s no biggie.

If I had gone to coupons.com and seen this issue, I would be MORE interested in knowing why my computer allowed it through than simply avoiding the website. It’s like taking a narcotic for a broken back when the real fix is going to require surgery. If you were vulnerable to coupons.com (if it actually is code there that is doing this) then you will go somewhere else shortly and have similar issues. The fact that some people are not getting this virus warning and still using the website is a glaring anomaly.

• DP says:

I spoke to someone at coupons.com yesterday, and they believe it is coming from 3rd party ads. SInce the ads change, that explains why it wouldn’t happen to everyone. They have disabled the ads for now, and are trying to pinpoint the problem. They also said it would be hard to do unless they could analyze an infected computer,

• Judy k says:

• Bee says:

Yes, the ads could very well be the vehicle for the deleterious code. Inasmuch as it’s a present danger on virtually every site and blog we visit (these ads are certainly ubiquitous), I would still recommend a thorough vetting of a personal machine with the goal of making it more robust. Otherwise, it’s going to be an ongoing struggle that won’t be resolved merely by avoiding a formerly useful and reputable website.

• Joy says:

Bee,
            I have to agree with you. I have not gotten this virus yet either by going to coupons.com. I go there daily. I use FF and run a virus scan nightly. I also try to clear my cookies out once a day. I use Bit Defender as my security suite and keep it updated.

• Harmony says:

It’s probably coming from one of their ad sponsors on the page. I have had many problems with this type of virus before on windows live hotmail and I’m pretty sure it was due to the ad banner. All they have to do is buy some ad space on the site and include their virus download. Of course these sites don’t want to lose their ad revenue so they deny it.

• Shop Now says:

Zip 30301 worked for me… just finished printing…

• Sue says:

Thanks so much Jen and Collin!! I’m REALLY excited about this one!

• tammy says:

thanx for the zip–got it!!!!

• Amy J says:

Woo Hoo got it!! Thanks!!

• Kavi Ravi says:

Thanks!
    Anyone know which stores carry them? Any Idea in general how much they cost?

• Lisa says:

I’ve never seen these in my store. Where is it located? Frozen section, refrigerated meat section?

• Susie says:

TOTALLY unrelated – I just got an email that I WON a pair of the Dr. Oz show Aerosoles…after the site telling me I was too late after putting in all my information and missed the contest. HOORAY! I’m totally psyched!

• Bridget says:

Great, these are on sale at shoprite this week at .89 cents a pound. :)

• Katie says:

Completely off topic but I was wondering if anyone ever got a Congrats email from the Dr. Oz Metamucil giveaway???? I thought I had a pretty good chance but I never got an email.

• Stevie N says:

Wow I am sick of everyone complaining about the coupons.com virus on here. Collin can’t do anything about it.

• Lisa says:

Stevie,
      I have been following Collin’s blog for a long time and have noticed she
      is a devoted advocate for her readers.
      I believe she and her readers would want to know that this continues to be a
      problem.

• Jenn says:

I consider it helpful that people are letting others know not to click a box because you will get a virus. I went there and it tried to to give it to me as well. However, I don’t recall any one blaming Collin for the virus!

• DP says:

No one is insinuating she can, This is a blog. We are sharing information that could potentially help each other. Sorry it is offensive to your sensibilities.

• Anonymous says:

Thanks for the head’s up on this coupon. I love their Oven Ready Chicken Roasters – so easy – just pop it in the oven – moist and delicious!

• Janet says:

zip 33436 works too

• fairydust says:

I would have to say that although I love Perdue whole roaster chickens, I have tried this oven-ready roaster in a bag chicken once and thought it tasted … not very good. Not only that, but all leftovers from it went bad within about 48 hours, and the only thing I could think of was that whatever the meat is brined in changed the taste and didn’t do the leftovers any good. But maybe I just got a funky one that time :)

• Mitch says:

I haven’t been on coupons.com for awhile since y’all posted about viruses.
    The perdue coupon sent me back!
    And then I saw the other great stuff, Cascadian Farms, Muir Glen, Jell-o!
    I am turing all the computers on in the house now!
    thanks

• [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jon, Collin (Hip2Save). Collin (Hip2Save) said: High Value $2/1 Perdue Oven Ready Coupon http://bit.ly/gDAXrm #h2s [...]

• BARBIE says:

It kept saying it sent the coupons to my printer but they never printed and now I have met my print limit. No coupons. Shucks!!!!!