Bing Rewards Preview: Earn Credits & Get Rewarded

If you’re interested in earning rewards simply for performing searches on the internet, then you’ll definitely want to check out Bing Rewards Preview. Once you sign up for Bing Rewards Preview, you’ll instantly start earning credits and then you can redeem those credits for rewards. You’ll earn credits by searching on Bing, setting your homepage to Bing or trying out new features of Bing. Even better… when you join the free Bing Rewards Preview, you’ll automatically snag 250 FREE credits!

Here’s how it works…

* Head over here to register.

* Download the Bing Bar (which enables you to earn credits and shows you how many credits you’ve earned). Keep in mind that you must be using Internet Explorer and your computer must meet these system requirements: Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3).

* You’ll then be prompted to sign-in with your Windows Live ID (or sign up for one if you don’t already have one) and complete the registration process. The information collected (which includes your system configuration and IP address, the number of searches you do, and your interaction with search advertising) enables Bing to properly record your Rewards credits and protect against fraud.

* Once you’ve accumulated enough credits, sign-in to your Rewards Account, make your choice in the Redemption Center, provide your shipping information, and they’ll send your reward to you (and shipping is FREE!). Keep in mind that Bing can only ship to addresses within the 50 United States and the District of Columbia; they cannot ship to P.O. boxes or APO and FPO addresses.

* The Bing Rewards Preview ends on September 30, 2011. Credits accumulated expire December 31, 2011. Only U.S. residents (50 U.S. States and D.C.) are eligible to join the Bing Rewards Preview. Please note that Bing Rewards Preview requires Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3) and you must be using Internet Explorer 7.0 or later.

• Tracy says:

This sounds just like Swagbucks!

• fairydust says:

It would sort of seem like it’s either this or Swagbucks, but not both (since each wants you to search through its specific portal). Bing’s $5 amazon gc costs 541 bing credits, Swagbucks wants 450 SB. I’m sort of torn. Does anyone know how fast/easy these Bing credits are to rack up? If it’s all basically the same, I may just stick with Swag

• shannon says:

well it took me maybe a little under a month to get my first amazon gift card through bing but for me it wasn’t either or. the only system i could get bing rewards to work on was explorer but i primarily use firefox. HTH

• Tracy says:

I would think you could use both. I usually go to the Swagbucks homepage to search, and after I win I usually search through google to search until later in the day and then go back to Swagbucks. I imagine switching to Bing once in awhile would accumulate credits and earn a few extra Amazon cards. :)

• shannon says:

I’ve been doing this for a few months now and it’s quite different from swagbucks. the number of searches/points ratio has gone down but there’s not much else to it other than searching. i’ve already redeemed one amazon gift card and i have to say, although this is a very simple to use program it’s not one of my favorites.

• I have been using bing rewards for about 3 months now and I’ve already received 2 $5 amazon gift cards as well as 200 microsoft points. I haven’t been using it much lately because it was a lot easier to accrue points when I first started. They’ve changed the number of points you can receive per day a few times since then.

• Cindi says:

I’m bummed that it’s not Mac-friendly. I far prefer Bing over SB. Their old cash-back program was awesome.

• Erin says:

• mkradcliff says:

Just a warning; my hubby used Bing for awhile and redeemed the points for MP3 downloads from Puretracks. We discovered though that the downloads only work on your PC, you can’t burn them to disc or put them on a player. Well let me rephrase that, he was able to put them on his MP3 player but the player wouldn’t play them. Worse yet, it crashed his player.

I had to remove everything on his player and reformat it to get it to work. But it permanently damaged the files that made it Microsoft compatible. So everything has to be MP3 format now, no WMAs; and he can no longer add music with Windows Media Player, he uses Rhapsody now.

• Traci says:

I have used Bing Rewards and earned several Amazon gift cards. The points vary periodically. Sometimes you can earn 16 points per day, or one point per search. And then there are offers that earn you 12 points each. I think they add up quite fast.
    Another Bing site I like is Club Bing. It is a game site that you can play games and earn tickets to redeem for prizes like airline miles. My family has several airline miles accounts that are close to being worth a free ticket, I play Chickionary and earn miles to add to their accounts to earn free tickets. The way I look at it is this, 2000 miles is not worth much, unless you can add it to the 23000 miles just sitting there, then the 2000 miles becomes worth a free ticket. There are prizes worth 5000 miles, and you can put them in anyones milage account. There is a limit of 1 of each prize per account. And sometimes they have double ticket day.

• Shiala says:

I love club bing..I have been using it like almost 3 years now..Have redeemed points for several prizes….I love playing chickionary and word duel

• Zack says:

The only problem I have with Bing Rewards is that you have to use Internet Explorer and I don’t have 2 hours to wait for each page to load with that terrible browser! :/

I used it to earn 1 $5 Amazon card and that was it.

• Laura says:

I am new to Bing, but have used Swagbucks for over a year. Are there other ways to get points other than typing in the search box?

• Sarah H. says:

I used to be one of Club Bing’s biggest fans. For two years, I earned just under the taxable max in prizes ($600 per year). However, in the middle of July 2010, they froze my account without telling me. After I noticed that I had not received my latest prize, they said that I had engaged in non-permitted activity (they accused me of being a bot). They supposedly looked into it, but came up with the same answer (without ever letting me make my case). So, beware … don’t play Chickionary too fast!

• vc says:

I have used Bing rewards for many months. now this is the first time that i try to redeem for giftcard. I am not able to redeem my points so far. It has been one week since I submitted my order. they asked for photo id or utility bill to verify my address before i can get my giftcard. i asked them why and they didnt give me any real explanation. I know some other users didnt run into this. but had i knew there was such a possibility, i would not join their program.
    Their customer service was very unhelpful and frustrating too!

• vc says:

I would like to update my comment last time, since I got a terrible reply from their customer service. when I asked them why I was asked for additional material, they told me I was no longer eligible to redeem my rewards.

I think I would recommend every one not using Bing. I have no problem redeem my rewards in swagbuck. You might turn out to be wasting time participating in Bing Rewards
    complete story: http://www.bing.com/community/bingsearch/f/13226/t/669700.aspx

• Jake says:

Bing raised their points for the $5.00 amazon gift card from 275 to 525. What a ripoff!
    I will probably just quit BR now, been on for three months. Now you get a $2.50 amazon gift card for the 275 points.

• Brian says:

I just get enough points to redeem an amazon gc,not sure whether they will send it with email or to the mail box?