Rite Aid: Sweet Easter Candy Deal Scenario

If you need to stock up on Easter candy, check out the deal you can score at Rite Aid! The bags of Hershey’s and Reese’s Easter candy that are on sale 2/$4.88 and producing a $1 +Up reward – ARE also producing a $10 +Up Reward when you buy $20 worth!

Deal Scenario:
Buy 6 bags of Hershey’s and/or Reese’s Easter candy (8-10 oz) $2.44 each
Buy 2 Hershey’s Snapsy Snap-Apart Bunny 2 oz. $1.99 each
Buy 2 Cadbury Eggs $0.88
Total = $20.38
Use 2 $1/3 Hershey’s/Reese’s coupons found in the 4/3 SS
Use the $1/2 Hershey’s coupon found in the 4/3 SS (good for centerpiece items 2 oz. or larger)
Use the $0.50/2 Cadbury Eggs Rite Aid coupon from the March Video Values
Pay $16.88
Get back 3 $1 +Up Rewards (for purchasing 6 bags of Hershey’s/Reese’s Easter candy)
Plus, get back a $10 +Up Reward
Final cost ONLY $3.88 total!

Great time to stock up for Easter!

(Thanks for the tip, Frugal Friends!)

• Anonymous says:

and there is a 50 cent off 2 cadberry egg video values coupon!

• kenac says:

and there is a .50/2 video value coupon for cadbery eggs!

• Heather says:

and the hershey vv prints as 1.00/2 hershey’s miniatures, so you can use that too if you buy miniatures. The snap apart bunnies are reg. 1.99, so if you have a discount it will kick in on this one.

• Tara says:

So if I have a 10% discount then they will ring up as 1.79? Making me 2 cents short of the $20. Do you think I would have to buy another Cadbury egg to get the total over $20 or will it still print if you buy 19.98?
      Oh I see from another post that the Cadbury eggs ring up at .79 with the 10% so I will definitely add a third egg to do the deal.

• Heather says:

Yes, I bought 2 and I was short because of my discount. I just went and got a cadbury egg and got the UP.

• Beth says:

I didn’t think that you could use the 10% off coupons on sale items, well at least that is what my sc store told me when I went back in to see why it didnt come off of the total. This was the 10% off that printed on the receipt, like a quarterly reward. Was the store wrong?

• Emma says:

My VV cp printed out as $1.00/2 hersheys candy pouches just like it said on the site.

• genie says:

Also a $1 off 2 hershey miniature video value cpn.

• brandyhill says:

I bought 2 bags of the Reese’s eggs and didn’t get any register rewards :(

• Jay says:

Don’t forget the $0.50 off 2 reeses video value coupon.

• tiffany says:

This scenrio would work as long as your local RA is strictly enforcing the new corp coupon policy. My local RA is limiting everything that’s on sale to 4 items per person per week. Sure, how the heck are they going to keep track? i’m sooooo mad right now.

• Jim Carlson says:

If they want you to buy $20 worth..
    heck they need to be a little flexible with letting you buy multiple products!

• joscobey says:

I’m in Memphis and don’t have those coupons in my SS I got today… Wonder if they are coming on Tuesday?

• mandee says:

I have the 10% off from wellness for every thing thats not on sale so If you have the 10% or 20% off with wellness the Hershey’s Snapsy Snap-Apart Bunny 2 oz ring up $1.79 or lower depending on the discount you have. I found this out when I tried the buy 10Hershey’s Snapsy Snap-Apart Bunny 2 oz and ! cadbury egg oh that rang up $0.79 and did not get the $10 up but they do keep count so I will go back tomorrow for 1 more to get the $10 up. just a heads up..

• Tara says:

Wow ok so the cadbury eggs ring up lower too! Guess I better buy a third one to do this deal and make sure that $10 up prints.

• Tammy says:

It’s funny you mentioned this. I just got back from RA and did this same transaction.

• Lindsay Marchant says:

Do you have to buy all $20 worth in 1 transaction? Or does it keep track if you bought $10 worth in 1 transaction and $10 worth in a second??

• Mandy M says:

This is great! Im using the $10+UP I got from the Tangled promo. So, after I buy the chocolate I get another $10 +Up back! WOWZA!

• natasha says:

grrrrr. those coupons aren’t in my ss!

• Debbie says:

I just got back from Rite Aid and this scenario worked perfectly. And more good news, you do not have to buy all $20 in a single transaction! If you have bought any easter candy recently, you will see on the bottom of your receipt the total amt you have spent. It keeps track of your total for you. Good luck with your easter candy! I am going to make little gift bags with mine and hand it out to the students I tutor in Detroit.

• melinda06sue says:

are the hershey miniatures triggering that $1 up as well as the reeses?

• Kori says:

Does the deal work on the smaller bags of Reese’s that are $3? The ad only shows the 4.99 bags.

• sol says:

I can’t wait for Coffee with Collin tomorrow!

• Jessica says:

ohhh wish we had a Rite Aid!!! Or maybe not, too much temptation to eat it all!

• forfran says:

On a similar note, I used my 2 Ghiradelli $1.50 off coupons today at Rite-Aid (found here thanks to H2S) so instead of $6 I paid $3 for the 2 bags and got a $1 UP reward for my next trip ;)

• kit says:

i got that ghiradelli one too! :)

i bought 2 bags of easter peanut m&ms for $4.88 and they counted toward the $20/$10 UPs; they tracked on the bottom of my receipt. i used the $2 off 2 & got a $1 UP. i got my $2 off 2 Q in the smart saver “junk mail” insert.

reporting from kentucky,
      kit

• kenac says:

wow thanks! I bought 4 m&ms yesterday with other stuff making it a MM and was going to go today and get the scenario above but it is on my receipt too. Only 10 bucks and change to go, so with a couple more qs another MM!

• Debbie says:

I wonder how many times this deal scenario will work? I would like to roll my $10 UP+ reward.

• maria wagner says:

what coupon in ss are they talking about that says good on centerpiece items? I cant get the march video values to come up????

• sierra says:

can I just say i’m WAY stoked to go to riteaid tomorrow. candy! candy! candy!

• Angela says:

is there a printable anywhere for the 1/3 reeses and the 1/2 centerpiece?

• Frugaldealfinder says:

Do you think we could use a $3 off $15 survey coupon with this, or is that over?

• lisa says:

I am at the 20% discount level with my rite aid card, does anyone know if I have to be at $20 before or after my discount for the hershey deal?

• Lacey says:

Has anyone tried the candy deal at a “Value” Rite Aid?

• Lisa says:

Works for So Cal area; I did the scenario recommended and it worked like a charm except I also got an additional $4 off from an UP that I hadn’t used. It was almost too good to be true. Thanks for posting; great deal.

• Kara says:

There is also the $2/2 Mars candy coupon that was a printable if you printed it. I used that for the M&Ms and it counted towards the $20 plus got the $1 UP when I bought two. The snap apart bunnies do come to $1.79 with the 10% discount. I did the candy transaction separate so that I could make sure I was at $20. I figured I paid $3 for $20 worth of candy. All set for my two boys:)

• amanda says:

I did almost the same deal as you – was thrilled that the M&Ms printed the $10 +UP, although I’m wondering if they will fix their system for this soon…

• Tammy says:

Thanks! Did you scenario and it worked like a charm. I’m now stocked with Easter candy!! You rock, Collin!

• kelli says:

it didn’t work for me :( !!! BUMMER!!

• Sheila says:

Did anyone by chance get two $10 rewards with this deal? I bought my $20 of candy in one trans., got my reward, used a $15 up to pay. Then did a second trans. with a mouthgaurd (raincheck), and two scuncii hairties, a couple snickers eggs, and a hershey bunny. I paid with my $10 up from candy and then I got ANOTHER $10 UP, and two $1.99 UPs for the scuncii…I’m thinking I just got lucky!!!

• Emily says:

Ok, just scored at the Rite Aid candy deal and made .60 on $20.40 worth of candy.

Bought:

2 Bags Hershey’s Almond Kisses 2/4.88
    2 Bags Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs 2/4.88
    4 Bags Hershey’s Cookies & Cream Eggs 2/4.88
    1 Reese’s pieces carrot .88

Total 20.40
    Got Back $14.00 in up rewards ($10 plus $1 for every 2 bags)
    Used 4 $1/2 Hershey’s Easter Candy (found on tear pad at Albertsons)
    Used 1 $3 off $15 purchase for doing the survey

Yeah!

• Jo says:

Thanks so much for the info on this deal! I got 4of the bunnies and 6 bags of candy. With my 10% Wellness discount, it was $21.80 before coupons, $16.80 after coupons, and I got $13 in +UP rewards. Hooray! I used my +UPs immediately on my next transaction to stock up on Lays potato chips, because that is a great deal and chips are way too expensive lately!

• Melissa says:

I bought 8 bags of the candy for 2/4.88 yesturday and bought 2 bags of the m&m’s on sunday the same price. I didn’t get my $10 up reward for spending over $20.00. I thought the 8 bags were gonna add up right till i just found out it was a few cents shy UGH does it have to be the same transaction or could it be 2 transactions from a day apart? I completly messed up on that deal. lol

• Kathy says:

People are saying that it keeps track on your wellness card. So, go back and buy something small. It should trigger it.

• Melissa says:

I went back today and got a cadburry cream egg and it triggered the 10 up whooo hooo! I must of used my husbands card for the 2 bags of m&m’s. I am getting myself screwed up with having both cards. lol Gotta figure out a new way of keeping track of it all. Thanks for helping.:) You all are great!

• kelli says:

it DOES keep track of it. At the bottom of my receipt it said 10 up for $20 in Easter candy $16.54 (which was my total in candy!!) So try it and see if it works!

• Nora says:

It will work, did it today. Yesterday did the deal listed and forgot I was going to get 10% off with my wellness discount . Today went back and bought two cad. eggs and it printed off .

• boojaeholvr says:

I purchased over $20 of Hershey/Reeses/Cadbury Easter chocolate yesterday and at the bottom of the receipt it said I only bought $6 worth =/ Did not receive the $10UP reward…I wonder if they have already corrected their system…

• michelle says:

The M&M’s are still counting towards the spend $20 get $10 UPR! Just did it today using 4 bags of M&M’s to get towards my $20 total and got the $10 UPR! Makes for some cheap candy with that $2/2 Mars candy coupon!!

• Emma says:

I’m In ky and I didn’t get the candy coupons in my insert . BOO HOO.

• Julie L. says:

I did 6 assorted M&Ms and 3 Nestle Crunch Nest eggs. Got back $14+UP.
    Just a heads up….the .55cents off any one bag Nestle nest eggs from coupons.com beeped.
    She tried to scan each of the three .55cents I have and all won’t go through. Cashier said they have a new policy that coupons that don’t scan can’t be pushed through anymore. I said it’s ok no problem. I still got the 3 nestle crunch because they’re my favorite!!! I wonder why it won’t go through. I did buy the right product, right size too..and exactly as pictured on the coupon. The $5 off Gillette fusion proglide razor from P&G mailer also beeped so I had it voided. Maybe they have an old computer register??? hmm…..??? OH lots of chocolate!!! yum yum ;P

• Stephanie says:

The Cadbury coupon is part of the April VV, isn’t it? Finally found it!

• laura says:

there is also a $1.00 /2 Hershey minatures in the April VVC. I bought two minature bags as part of the deal and used that coupon too

• kim stuart says:

I was going to do this deal and pay for it with my UPs and the cashier said it will NOT work on the small bags.. it has to be the 4.99 larger bags. Is this true? Because she said if I dont get
    my 10.00 in UPs they will not refund the candy and I will loose my ups that I paid for.

• Beth says:

Hey is this an all month offer? Can I do this transaction this week and still get the $10UP? Someone Please let me know, Comment on here or email me at bethybaby_46@hotmail.com Thanks!!!