Today’s Coffee with Collin is dedicated to all you fellow couponers who experience an increased heart rate, profuse sweating, stuttering, and an overall lack of confidence when approaching the checkout zone with your coupons in hand. If you experience one or more of these symptoms, then this is the video for you!
**If you can’t see the video, go here to watch it.
“Hip” Tips for Checking Out With Coupons
(1) Know your store’s coupon policy!! For more information, check out the Hip2Save Store Guides found here. If you are not able to locate a coupon policy online for your local store, I highly recommend that you email customer service asking for a copy of the policy/guidelines and/or you can contact the store manager.
(2) Consider dabbling in cashier profiling. Personally, I look for happy and laid back looking cashiers.
(3) Make use of your time waiting in line and organize those coupons! Consider grouping together all of your free and Buy 1 Get 1 free product coupons as these typically require the cashier to manually enter the price of the item.
(4) Stack your coupons in the criss cross method demonstrated in the video as this should prevent coupons from sticking together… especially printable coupons. You may also want to consider handing over your coupons one at a time.
(5) Be respectful and patient! Kill em’ with kindness! 😉
So how about you? What are your tips for having a successful checkout experience?