Coffee with Collin: Extreme Couponing (for the Hip2Help Tour)

Today’s Coffee with Collin episode is all about couponing for pets. Yep, that’s right….despite the fact that I have no pets (just 3 wild kiddos!), today’s video will take you with me while I shop like crazy at a North Carolina Petco. And the reason for this special shopping trip?! The Hip2Help tour, of course! :) All of the pet food and items that were collected will travel with me from North Carolina down to Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee via the Hip2Help Tour in July and donated to pets in need in these areas.

WARNING: This video has a lot of background noise due to the fact that filming took place inside Petco. Be prepared for barking and other loud animal noises.

If you can’t see the video, go here to watch it.

* Closed Captioning is now available on select videos! To use this feature, click the play button above and then click on the CC button. (A big thanks to reader, Courtney, for transcribing this video!)

“Hip” Tips for Pet Shopping

* Email your favorite companies, let them know how much love their pet food/items, and ask them for coupons. You may be surprised by what you find in your mailbox several weeks later!

* Check out RecycleBank. For example, back in April, I posted about the fact that you could snag coupons for 2 FREE cans of Fancy Feast cat food using your RecycleBank points.

* Print those coupons! In a recent coupon round-up post, I mentioned that you can head over here, register for the Halo newsletter and snag $1/1 Spot’s Stew coupons which made this item only 19¢ at Petco!

* Always be on the lookout for peelie and tear pad coupons… they can often make for some super sweet deals!

* Look for clearance items! I was able to snag some amazing deals by simply going through the clearance bin.

If you live in the Wilmington, North Carolina area, I highly encourage you to check out Petco. The staff is amazing, very coupon-friendly, and provides excellent customer service! You can find Petco at the following location:

324 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
(910) 799-2472

A very BIG thank you to Tina Allen (a Petco department manager), Michael, and all the awesome readers who came out to the donation drive this past weekend. I am also so appreciative to all of you who mailed me your free pet product coupons to use for the Hip2Help Tourthank you, thank you, thank you!

• Tracy says:

I loved your Tshirt!!!!!! Where can I buy one????? You need to sell them and have the money you get help on your trip!!!!!!

• alli says:

wow that was grait

• Pam says:

That is soooooo awesome! I loved the fast forward parts. Thanks!

• Lisa says:

You Rock!

• kristy says:

how awesome are you. I love me some furbabies and i just think this is too sweet. Keep up the good work lady.

• Kelly says:

Captioned???? Wow! That is SOOO awesome! As a Deaf couponer, I am impressed~!

• Emily says:

WOW!! You are awesome!! PETCO rocks too!! You are most inspriring:)
    Blessings!!

• tina says:

I would watch this over Extreme Couponing anyday!

• Sarah says:

I love the Nutro coupons. I actually use them all the time and we stocked up for the year. I love at your helping the pets. My pets are my best friends and family!

• Julieanne28 says:

Awesome job! I am not sure the “fast frenzy” pace was sped up, I think Collin has that much energy!! (thanks coffee?? lol)

• Cally says:

Very cool video thanks for posting! I’ve been couponing since 2008 and I think dog food is the one thing I have yet to master. I think it’s hard for me to get good deals because my dog gets really sick if we switch food on him. So I only use coupons for his food when they come out, and don’t switch because of a sale. But thank you for the tips I will try them! Thanks for all that you do, you’re an amazing person!

• Jenny says:

Thanks for coming to Wilmington!!! My sister and I were so excited to meet you, it made our day! All afternoon we kept saying “I can’t believe we got to meet Collin, she’s like a celebrity.” Thanks so much for all you do! We love your site!

• Laura says:

Speaking of coffee… I often MUST have a coffee on my way to coupon – but how could I justify paying full price – NEVER! I found this deal recently:

Dunkin Donuts has “happy hour” from 3-6pm, you can get an Iced Coffee for $0.99! There’s a coupon for a FREE Travel Mug WYB a Small Iced Coffee out there. (I’m not sure what insert I got these from – SORRY, but looks like a RP/SS, I’m in North Texas)

So, for $0.99 get an awesome mug plus your iced coffee AND score $0.99 refills with your mug anytime later!

• tina says:

HI Tina here. Thank you again to Collin for coming down we had a great time. All of my staff at Petco and the customers really stepped up to the challange. I do work at the best store in the world. As for some of the coupons Collin used don’t be affrid to ask a vendor in the store if they have any coupons most of the time (I know at Petco at least) They usley do and are more then happy to share them with customers. Hope that helps. Have a great day Tina

• kirsten says:

where did people get those nutro coupons anyways? I have two big dogs and i would love to get some if any one knows???

• kit says:

thank you for helping pets, collin!

• Rebecca says:

That’s awesome!

• Barbara says:

Great video! I have pets so appreciate any suggestions. How about a teen video? Maybe something to do with saving on fashion. I have 3 teens (1 boy and 2 girls). My girls love thrift shopping. in Florida we have not only GoodWill, Salvation Army but also Plato’s Closet. Plato’s Closet only has designer clothes. I recently got my daughter a GAP jacket that retails at over $200 for $35. Great deal I thought! Everyone tells they dress awesome and always want to know where they get their clothes. Guess you can be hip and saving even when your teens.

• Rebekah says:

Your suggestion reminded me of the Adidas father’s day free underwear promo! My Daughter brought her “friend” with us, I handed each of them a coupon, and we got him three packages of underwear for free. He acted embarrassed, but he really wanted them and wears them all the time. (priced $20 each pack originally). So then I showed him my “garage” fridge full of my $.27 powerade I got at Walmart yesterday, and he was excited. He also helped us with the Staples deals a few weeks ago. I think I just may lure him to the light!

• Jackie says:

Thanks so much for doing this! My heart goes out to people that are affected by disasters, but too often their pets are left out! (Which is even more heartbreaking for the victims losing their homes as it is!) I can’t thank you enough for helping out and thanks to everyone that donated coupons. Thanks to Petco for being so awesome!!

• Rebekah says:

is she still accepting pet care coupons? and where can I send them?

• Samantha says:

Loved this video! I just have one outdoor cat who eats dry food and no treats, but it was great to see all the things you could donate. My 2 year old said, ” Look at all dat stuff dey got. Dey goin’ FAST!” :-D

• Elizabeth says:

This is amazing what your doing!!! I love watching your videos they are encouraging, You are helping so many people!!!

• Jessica says:

This is SO awesome!!!!!!

• Amber says:

Collin, YOU’RE “AWESOME” (lol used your favorite word!) FOR HELPING OUT SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!