Today’s Coffee with Collin episode is all about couponing for pets. Yep, that’s right….despite the fact that I have no pets (just 3 wild kiddos!), today’s video will take you with me while I shop like crazy at a North Carolina Petco. And the reason for this special shopping trip?! The Hip2Help tour, of course! :) All of the pet food and items that were collected will travel with me from North Carolina down to Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee via the Hip2Help Tour in July and donated to pets in need in these areas.
WARNING: This video has a lot of background noise due to the fact that filming took place inside Petco. Be prepared for barking and other loud animal noises.
If you can’t see the video, go here to watch it.
* Closed Captioning is now available on select videos! To use this feature, click the play button above and then click on the CC button. (A big thanks to reader, Courtney, for transcribing this video!)
“Hip” Tips for Pet Shopping
* Email your favorite companies, let them know how much love their pet food/items, and ask them for coupons. You may be surprised by what you find in your mailbox several weeks later!
* Check out RecycleBank. For example, back in April, I posted about the fact that you could snag coupons for 2 FREE cans of Fancy Feast cat food using your RecycleBank points.
* Print those coupons! In a recent coupon round-up post, I mentioned that you can head over here, register for the Halo newsletter and snag $1/1 Spot’s Stew coupons which made this item only 19¢ at Petco!
* Always be on the lookout for peelie and tear pad coupons… they can often make for some super sweet deals!
* Look for clearance items! I was able to snag some amazing deals by simply going through the clearance bin.
If you live in the Wilmington, North Carolina area, I highly encourage you to check out Petco. The staff is amazing, very coupon-friendly, and provides excellent customer service! You can find Petco at the following location:
324 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
A very BIG thank you to Tina Allen (a Petco department manager), Michael, and all the awesome readers who came out to the donation drive this past weekend. I am also so appreciative to all of you who mailed me your free pet product coupons to use for the Hip2Help Tour… thank you, thank you, thank you!