Happy Friday: Unattended Children

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Do you have a funny, “Hip”, or unique photo to share?! Email us at happyfriday@hip2save(dot)com. Every Friday, I will post one photo, submitted by you and/or another Hip2Save reader, that gives us a glimpse into your frugal lifestyle or simply makes us smile. If your photo is published on Hip2Save, we’ll email you a $10 Amazon e-card! :D

• kristle says:

lol love it! :)

• tiffany sexton says:

LOL ! I gave this exact sign to my neighbor because people were always dropping off their kids to swim at her pool but not staying to watch them. Poor thing had to spend her days staring at other people’s kids swim while her only child was actually playing elsewhere.

• Sarah says:

I can’t believe that there are parents irresponsible enough just drop their kids off like that!! I would never want my kids swimming without MY supervision!!

• jennifer e says:

love that. need one of those!

• paulemay says:

LOL!!!!

• cw says:

I need one of those for “meet the teacher” when the parents let the younger siblings of the student run wild and unsupervised while I try to meet the student enrolled :)

• jackie says:

LOL…SO FUNNY!

On another note, has everyone received their Swiffer dusters? Is it only one per household, coz I filled my sister’s name on another one and it allowed me. Neither of us has received the dusters yet. Just wondering.

Have a GREAT 4TH and COLLIN…..Have a WONDERFUL HIP2HELP trip!!!

• Joy says:

Love it! Toys R Us definitely needs one of those signs. There are always kids wandering around there!

• Rebecca says:

This is awesome!

• Jayna says:

I recieved the Swiffer duster a couple of weeks ago.

• Melissa says:

Love it!

• Andrea says:

That is priceless!!!!!

• Linda C. says:

ROFL…now THAT nearly made me snarf my afternoon coffee!!!

Have a wonderful Hip2Help tour – what you are doing is awesome!!!!!!!!

• Amanda says:

Wish I would have taken that pic like I thought about lol. This is in Denton, Texas at the JBF sale.

• Christina Olar says:

Our kid’s dr. office has the a sign with the same words!

• That is awesome!! Thanks Collin!

• so cute…..

• Cindy says:

That is great.

• Brenda says:

That is too Funny!

• Tiffany T says:

I can tell someone was at a Just Between Friends sale …. love it when those come around! My OB/GYN’s office has the same sign posted too!

• Dee says:

Just Between Friends sign!! Makes me laugh every time!

• Anonymous says:

love that!

• megs says:

lol,a very cute sign;)

• Lpmousse says:

I’ve totally seen this in my town, and it makes me smile and laugh a lot.

• Kelly says:

That is AWESOME!!!! I love it!

• Amber R. says:

I think every store should be required to have this sign in their toy section!

• Brianna says:

That was a perfect pick me up! I always look forward to this post =]

• le85 says:

lol… if that doesnt scare you to watch your children, nothing will

• CB says:

That is so stinking funny!!!

• Patti says:

Where can I buy a sign like that?

• Beckyk says:

We seriously just saw a sign like that yesterday!!! It was in an ice cream store. There was an old guy laughing at it and saying good thing we have a good child!

• Emily says:

Perfect!!!

• fran says:

OMG too funny I love it

• Sarah says:

LOL!!! They need to have one of those at every restaurant play area!!! I always get frustrated when my almost 2 year old keeps getting run over by bigger kids because the other parents aren’t in the play area to monitor their kids.

• Brianne says:

Doesn’t that just drive you nuts! I’m that parent that will say something (nicely but stern/seriously) to someone elses child if they are acting up & the parent is too lazy to be watching them

• Amber R. says:

I hear that! It seems like almost every place I go there are parents who just let their kids run wild and do whatever they want! That gets on my nerves, especially when most of the time those kids are my sister in law’s! I just dont see how some parents can be so irresponsible

• Corrine says:

I have to say that outta my 4 kiddos, I have ONE crazy, doesn’t EVER listen to a thing I say kid. So, I HATE to say it but I look like a bigger ass when I am constantly yelling at him when we are out (I HAVE to take him with me or stuff NEVER gets done!) So, he runs like a crazy kid til he gets hurt, then I laugh at him. So, think about that parent that is letting their kid run around, they may have the same sitch as me. Dad is ALWAYS working, Mom has to bring all the kids around and seriously doesn’t wanna waste her breath and look like a MEAN ol hag yelling at the kid every 2 seconds when they DO NOT listen anyhow!

• Anonymous says:

Please don’t give up on getting your child to listen. You have to find a solution, I have a child like that as well. Persistance, consistancy and love can win. When I feel like throwing my hands in the air and giving up, I think about him 13 years down the road behind the wheel of a car. If he acts the way he does now, and I don’t help him to change it, he’ll still act this way at 10, 16, 21 and older. Time on its own will not make it better.

• Laurie says:

LMAO! I am WITH ya, sista! Got a super crazy 3 1/2 yr old myself. People are around her 10 minutes, then look at me and say, “does she EVER slow down??” The answer, of course, is “NO”. And she stopped taking naps a few mos ago…. when the new baby came! As a nurse, in school, we were taught to always try to be empathetic to poor behavior instead of judging people, b/c you never know what they have had to endure in their lives, or what happened to them that day before you crossed paths.

• Wendy says:

Corrine, it sounds as if you are totally overwhelmed and I can understand that if you have 4 kids and almost no help from your husband. However, I really hope you continue to (positively) discipline your child and tell your child upfront what your expectations are and what the consequences (good and bad) will be if he/she acts a certain way. Yelling at your child in public is not the way to go either……please try to stay calm and in control! I am not sure if you watch the Duggar family on TLC on the reality show ’20 kids and counting’. I am always inspired by how calm the parents are and how well-behaved but ‘normal’ their 20 kids are. Please try to get some help too (through your kids’ school/ your church etc). I wish you all the best.

• momwhocares says:

I was in a surrogate group meeting and the topic came up about kids in those hospitals wards for being crazy and also the adults. Well, the comments were – “I’d hate to think what the parents did to them to make them like that”. Also, “some parents need to learn to be more strict” and so on so forth. On of my kids has childhood bi-polar diorder (my mom and sister has it too) and I just bit my tounge and didn’t say anything as it was my first meeting. But, I felt so attacked personally.

Sometimes parents are trying everything they can and they are excausted and no one is offering to truly help that parent. Sometimes, disibilities are not as obvious as a handicap sign and a wheel chair.

People need to learn all kids are not cookie cutter people – kids are different for different reasons (sometimes biological from a prior relitive) and some kids have disabilities, others have strong personalities and not every parent has the financial means and patience to deal with it like other parents. They don’t plan for their kids to have disibilities etc… I have to admit, not every person has tons of patience and pefect parenting skills, because not every parent is born with the same trates.That doesnt make them bad parents, plus the government and the programs on tv, and video games do nothing to back parents up. Instead they say – hey do what you want, if you get introuble, you can’t you’re a kid and when you grow up, jail is like a 2nd home!

Now I do get a ton of compliments everywhere I go about how well behaved my kids are – even one time an older couple came up to us at a resteraunt and told us that when they saw us (me, hubby, my 10 yr old, 2 yr, 1 yr) come in and sit down they thought – geesh, their goes their quiet meal. But, they came to tell us how pleased they were and thank us for being such great parents. Thing is – once in a while, one kid or two does gets out of hand, espeically when it is only one of us (hubby or I) with them.
      So, just because you see a kid out of control one day – remember when you judge them that parenting is never a perfect, planned out job and offer that person a hand, not a verbal attack of crtizism. Otherwise, you’re no better than that kid who’s running around acting all crazy – both are being rude and out of line.

• Anonymous says:

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!

• Erica says:

I have to say, I’m with you on this one. My son is now 13 and is pretty much in the “don’t let anyone know you’re my mom” stage, but when he was younger he was extremely hyper and rarely listened when redirected. When we would be in public and he would act up, I would usually just ignore the negative behavior and finish my errand as quickly as possible then leave. Something I always say is you never know someone’s situation.. so unless a child is being hurt or hurting someone else.. I just go about my business and leave it alone.

• Dianne says:

This has become another reason I love this blog and another reason to look forward to Fridays!

• momwhocares says:

Thay have that sign in our WIC office for years now – it is always funny!

• Duckysmith says:

One if my favorite signs from one of my favorite places!

• JfersA says:

I saw this same sign at a Just between friends consignment sale in San Antonio last year. I have the picture somewhere.