This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Monday, July 2nd, 2012 at 1:34 pm.
Do you experience an increased heart rate, profuse sweating, stuttering, or an overall lack of confidence when approaching the checkout zone with your coupons in hand? Or maybe you’re stoked about the great deals you’ve just found in-store until you face a cashier who is having a bad day and isn’t happy with the site of your stack of coupons (…not to mention the long line of customers behind you that are now annoyed by your coupon-saving endeavor!)?
Well, if you experience one or more of these symptoms or have found yourself in this same situation, then this is the video for you!
“Hip” Tips for Feeling Empowered at the Register:
(1) Know your store’s coupon policy!! For more information, check out the Hip2Save Store Guides found here. If you are not able to locate a coupon policy online for your local store, I highly recommend that you email customer service asking for a copy of the policy/guidelines and/or you can contact the store manager.
(2) Consider dabbling in cashier profiling. Personally, I look for happy and laid back looking cashiers.
(3) Make use of your time waiting in line and organize those coupons! Consider grouping together all of your free and Buy 1 Get 1 free product coupons as these typically require the cashier to manually enter the price of the item.
(4) Stack your coupons in the criss cross method demonstrated in the video as this should prevent coupons from sticking together… especially printable coupons. You may also want to consider handing over your coupons one at a time.
(5) Be respectful and patient! Kill em’ with kindness!
So how about you? What are your tips for having a successful checkout experience? How do you feel empowered at the register?