As I sat on my comfy couch writing up all the office supply deals this weekend, I began to get really excited about all the awesome back to school deals that are available now and that will be available in the weeks to come! And so I decided that yesterday was the perfect day to head over to my local Staples store here in Boise, Idaho to see what sort of great offers and bargains I could snatch up. Check out my spontaneous and very unprofessional video below ;) to find out whether my shopping trip was a success…
Hip Tips for Back to School Shopping at Staples
* Check out Hip2Save.com for the weekly match-ups which are posted every Saturday evening. You can check out the current Staples deals here (and all of the other Back to School deals here.)
* Sign up to receive Staples emails (just scroll down on Staples.com and then click on the button like the one pictured above). This will ensure that you receive great coupons, special offers and more!
* Sign up for the FREE Staples Rewards Program (you can sign up in-store, online or by calling 1-800-333-3330). Staples Rewards members earn 10% back in Staples Rewards on all ink & toner purchases, 10% back in Staples Rewards on all case & ream paper purchases, and 10% back in Staples Rewards on all Copy & Print purchases. Plus, recycle any ink or toner cartridge (up to 10 per calendar month) and get $2 back in Staples Rewards per cartridge. Staples Rewards are issued monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $10 and can be used in-store, online or via phone.
* As soon as you arrive at the store, grab the weekly ad and browse through the pages to be sure that you don’t want to add any additional items to your shopping list.
* Note that many of the extreme deals (typically advertised on the first page of the ad) will be found in bins at the front of the store. Be sure that you note the limit of each offer (do not exceed the limit or you’ll end up paying full price for the item… not hip!).
* If you aren’t able to find an item, be sure to ask a store associate for help. If an item appears to be out of stock on the shelf, ask if any additional stock is available. Also, as you saw in my video above, at first glance, the 5 pack of Sharpie Markers appeared to be completely out of stock; however, I glanced way up at the top of the shelves and low and behold, I discovered 10 packages of these markers.
* When you are checking out, keep your eyes focused on the cash register to be sure that items are ringing up for the advertised price. It is very easy to accidentally grab the wrong item and end up paying full price if you’re not paying close attention.
* As soon as you get home, submit those Easy Rebates right away (note that you will need your receipts so keep them in a safe place)! All you have to do is head over here, scroll all the way down and click on the Rebate Center link under the Customer Service menu, follow the directions, and choose your reward type. Most times, you can choose between a check sent via mail or Paypal (sometimes Visa Gift Cards are an option as well). You do need to allow about 4-6 weeks for the check/Paypal payment to arrive.
OK, now that you have watched this video and read my Hip Tips above, what are you waiting for?! Head on over to your local office supply store and snatch up some amazing deals with confidence!