FREE Gift Card for Active Duty Military from Sears on 8/30 -1st 20,000

Starting tomorrow, 8/30 at 1PM CST (2PM EST), Soldiers who are on Active Duty from August 30th 2012 – December 3rd 2012 can head on over here and sign up for the Sears Heroes at Home Wish Registry to receive a FREE Gift Card from Sears! Keep in mind that this offer is limited to the first 20,000 people who sign up. Be quick, as these will go fast! … And don’t worry, I’ll post a reminder about this tomorrow.

Fine Print: Registration is open only to individuals 17 years of age or older who are on active duty between August 30, 2012 and December 3, 2012 in the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard or Reserves. Registration is limited to the first 20,000 eligible individuals, and ends when such number is reached or at 11:59:59 PM Central Time on August 30, 2012.

• Rae says:

This has been a hot mess for the last two years. I don’t expect it to be any different this year. In the past the site hasn’t been able to handle the traffic and its really really hard to get through.

• Nicole M. says:

No kidding! The first year it was really great and then it’s been a MESS since then! Delayed starting dates and times, open registration, then closed, then open….ugh. It’s so great what they are doing, I just wish they were able to handle the traffic. I’ll try anyway, though! :)

• Rae says:

I agree it is a really wonderful program especially since they don’t have to do it at all! I would almost rather that registration was open and then have random selection of who ‘wins’. Its easier for me to accept losing that way LOL…

• cannielle says:

wow,set my alarm now.Thank you,Collin.

• Erin Willcox says:

This is awesome. We’ve both been in the military. It was such a privilege, and a once in a lifetime experience. I’ll never forget it, but my husband is still serving. I thank God for him every day. What a unique life we live, and what and honor it is to be his wife and the mother of our sweet children. Thank you, Sears.

• Makayla says:

This is great! Last year we got into the Christmas one! I think it was like $50 . :D

• Jen says:

How do they know that they person filling out the application is actually active duty?? Can anyone just do this and “claim” they are military?

• marcia says:

My understanding of this program is that Sears is not giving money, but they collect money from donors that they then allow military members to use in their stores. At least that was what they explained when we participated a couple years ago. The Air Force originally told us that we were NOT to participate in this program, but we hadn’t heard anything else about it since.

Just thought I’d share.

• Sarah says:

It is legit and a great program. They gave gift cards that were good at any of the Sears/Kmart stores/online. When they sent the email, every time, it showed how much was collected and was being dispersed to each recipient. My husband is army and don’t understand why they wouldn’t allow. I hope you are able to get one.

• marnie says:

This an awesome thing that they do. My hubby has been in the marines for 8 years! Hopefully the site can handle the crazy traffic and we get one. thanks for posting!

• Mndy says:

Wondering why this is ot also for disabled retired vets. We have been struggling more after my husband was made to gt out of the army then we were while active duty. Never once was I actually able to recieve card from sears. Husband has been over seas on 4 tours and is now 80% disabled. This should not be limited to just active duty.

• Sarah says:

I was blessed to be the recipient of the one two years ago when my husband was deployed. I ended up receiving 3 gift cards totaling around $170. It was an absolute blessing and I will always be thankful to Sears for the help that Christmas for my kids. Thanks Collin for posting again.

• Mia says:

Does anyone know how much the gift card is for? Anything helps, but I am just curious. This is my first year applying. Thanks!

• Samantha says:

I participated in this program 2 years ago, and we were given three gift certificates over a span of a few months. Each one totaled a little more than $50. How much you get depends on how much money was collected from donations.

• Karen Lee says:

A couple of years ago we won a gift card from this promotion. We were surprised to get an email many months later after we had moved that said we needed to update our pin number for our Sears gift card. I contacted Sears since we had never had a gift card. To our surprise the card had $500 on it! What a nice surprise this was. Wish I could register again but my husband has since retired. Good luck everyone!

• Jen says:

We received one last year for $50 or so. Some people complained because it was lower than in the past, but it was nice to have some help paying for gifts! Makes me sad when people complain:(

• Erika says:

That is crazy people complain!! They don’t have to do this at all.

This will be the first year I will have my husband register. He’s in the Navy, and anything to help with our two little boys is sincerely appreciated!

• Makayla says:

I entered last year and used it towards a wii to give out to my nephew in Puerto Rico. I was super excited. I think I bought the bundle for $100 after the gift card and received a $30 gaming coupon as well :D

• Jennifer says:

I have tried to get in this promotion for the past 3 years and NO LUCK :( i enter but we didnt make the cut so im really hoping we get it this year! Sears is awesome!

• Amanda Wood says:

I find it hard not to be disappointed. This is my fourth year trying to enter this and every year it doesn’t work. Then I read about some users getting multiple cards or others using thier cards to just send them off to other people in other places to other people who would not otherwise be eligble. Meanwhile here I sit in Alaska with a real need and not able to get through….sometimes the internet in Alaska sucks…..geesh

• Amanda Wood says:

It’s messed up again this year.

• you got your times all screwed up.. this started at 1pm est, which is 12pm CST which is 10a PST :( & now i think i’m going to miss it

• celeste says:

i thought registration hasn’t started yet

• @Loveablediane, it says on the website that it starts at 1pm CST, so she is right.

• ZoeysMomma says:

Apparently registration isnt open still! They aren’t as on time as all who are hoping for a gift card!!! And Loveablediane, the times she stated are correct. You can still try to enter!

• Leticia Roberts says:

Has anyone else been able to apply for this yet?

• Stacy says:

Site still saying that registration is coming soon. It’s now 2:24CST & nothing. I have to go pick up the kids from school…gonna check again when I get back home.

• Omar says:

Is it done?

• Omar says:

I sign up. They opened the registration about 2:45 pm MT. Hurry is open!!!!!