Hip2Save This Holiday (New Christmas Series!) + Earn $25 Amazon Gift Cards

Did you know that Christmas is only 82 days away?! Although this may seem like a long time, the holidays will be here before we know it. For this reason, I am introducing a new series called Hip2Save This Holiday. This 10 week series will focus on different suggestions to save your sanity ;) , frugal tips, and holiday-focused deals for helping you (and me!) save time AND money this holiday season.

As most of you know, Hip2Save is made up of a wonderful community of readers who are always quick to step in and help others. And in order to make this series successful, I am asking for help from all of you. Plus, you can earn $25 Amazon gift cards (keep reading to find out how!).

I am looking for readers to contribute information focused on the following topics:

* Christmas/Holiday Rituals and Traditions – I am looking to post about rituals that are a different than the usual ones you hear about (for example, I am not wanting to post about wearing special/new pajamas on Christmas morning as many families already take part in this ritual). So if you have a really unique ritual, I would love to hear about it!

* Creative Ways to give back this holiday season – Preferably ways that do not require spending a lot of money. If you pay it forward during the holidays, please share!

* Unique ways to save BIG during the holidays – Do you have an interesting way that you save a ton of money during these months where budgets can easily go haywire?! I want to hear your tips!

* Homemade gift ideas – I would love to see fairly simply ideas that really anyone can accomplish. Also, if these gift ideas require household items and/or products that you can score cheap or FREE with coupons, even better! Please make sure that the gift ideas being submitting are super creative.

Are you interested in contributing? If so, please send an email to holiday@hip2save(dot)com with the Subject Line “Hip2Save Holiday Submission” with the following required information:

(1) First Name and Last Initial

(2) Primary email address that you want us to use to correspond with you

(3) Paragraph(s) focused on any of the topics mentioned above. Correct grammar and punctuation is much appreciated. When appropriate, please provide step by step instructions. The more detailed the post is, the more likely it will be posted on Hip2Save.

(4) Image(s) that may be published on Hip2Save (please do NOT send copyrighted photos). Note that at least one image is required (more than one is definitely preferred). Please make every effort to send clear images.

And here’s where this gets even better! Since the holidays are all about giving, I will be awarding lots of you with $25 Amazon gift cards! If your submission is posted on Hip2Save.com, you will score a $25 Amazon Gift Card AND there is no limit to the amount of gift cards you can earn! However, please don’t submit any and every idea that you have if you are not providing all of the required information listed above.

I can’t wait to check out all of the wonderful ideas that are submitted! And stay tuned, as the Hip2Save This Holiday series will officially kick off this Monday, October 8th.  :)

• Makayla says:

Yay!

• Alea says:

What’s the deadline?

• There’s not necessarily a deadline. But if you have an idea you’d like to submit, please do so sooner rather than later! :)

• Lindsay says:

We like to “jingle” our friends, but along with some homemade cookies, we always include a game for that family to play together during the holiday season! And, with all the great coupons out there for games, it is not that expensive to do. I just went to Target last night and they had 2 Elefun games on clearance for $4.98 and I used the $3 off 2 so that made them pretty inexpensive! You coud even just give them a deck of cards and then print off the rules to some of your favorite card games to give with it. I think our lives get so crazy and hectic that to sit down and play a game anymore is sometimes forgotten. This way, a new game shows up at their door and we add a little note from our family: “Tis the season to spend with those you love. Here is a fun game for you to enjoy together! Happy Playing!”

• jackeline says:

What a great idea..Love it!!

• blinkycoupons says:

What a wonderful, wonderful idea. Thank you so much for everything you do, Collin. I’ve saved so much money after following your blog that it’s crazy to think back on how much I used to spend before.

• MoneySavingLisa says:

I agree! Although I started couponing around the time I found this blog, I first heard about this site last year while on vacation to NC and saw it on the news. It’s helped me so much! I kind of wonder how I never knew about all this stuff before!

• marlene says:

believe it or not me and my family have been couponing since the 1990’s i was like 7 yrs old and already paid for my own tp cereal toothpaste etc… my parents were right behind us with more coupons so we had a stockpile. those were the days lol

• Kyle says:

Awesome idea! Can’t wait to share!

• Allison says:

Love it!

• Melony says:

During the season, I usually donate all the free stuff I get (thanks to hip2save! :) ) I donate to both cat/dog rescues and homeless shelters. :)

• Amber R. says:

Yay! I look forward to all your holiday posts every year, can’t wait! :)

• Erin says:

I emailed the address provided, but I keep getting messages back that say it can’t be delivered…?

• Missy says:

I’m getting a delivery failure for the holiday@hip2save email address?

• MoneySavingLisa says:

I’m not sure if my holiday is necessarily interesting to share. We don’t do anything like a turkey dinner or anything. We just stay in pajamas all day, watch movies, and eat snacks like pepperoni and cheese trays, cookies.. all junk. That’s our holiday LOL.

• Jenny says:

That sounds like our holiday! LOL! We stay in PJs all day, play with our toys, and every year we make sure there is a Hillshire Farms gift pack under the tree that we dish out as an easy lunch. :) Sometimes it is just about being with family. Plus we all love the down time to play with our new toys!

• Brenda says:

Tried to send an email but it won’t go through to holiday@hip2save.com

• blinkycoupons says:

I tried sending something as well, and it didn’t go through either. Maybe it starts on the 8th as well?

• Mika says:

Too bad I don’t have any creative tips. My family doesn’t usually do anything around the holidays.

• momofsam07 says:

Same here, delivery failure. :-(

• rebecca says:

This is awesome. Can’t wait to find out different suggestions people make. I would love to win a gift card, but unfortunately can’t participate. :( Too busy buying our first house and moving.

• Anne S says:

I love that you are doing this! I will definitely love the creative homemade gift ideas. Thanks so much. Will do my best to get an idea or two in there myself. :)

• Amie says:

I’m looking forward to hearing what other people have to share. Maybe it’ll inspire our family to start a new tradition or two.

• Sarah says:

Love this idea! Can’t wait to hear about all the cool and neat things. I’m far from being a creative person so this series will really help me out in that department :-)

• Diana says:

So excited to hear people’s ideas! We have traditions but none that are super unique. With our kids being so young (3, 3 and under) I would love to find a couple new things to start with them for years to come…and frugal ones at that!!

• Pat says:

Never heard about the christmas pj’s. I dont’ think I own any clothing that has a holiday theme on it. Being raised in Germany nobody does that. It is an american tradition I understand. We open presents on Christmas morning. The kids drink hot apple cider and the grown ups drink gluwein (hot spiced wine). We light the candles on the tree and sing carols around the christmas tree. then we blow out the candles and have breakfast. We spend the week before Christmas at the Christmas markets (drinking the same drinks and eating fresh baked pretzels, big ones with melted butter on them) looking for the perfect tree, ornaments, and gifts.

• Lisa says:

I was told to do new pajamas every Christmas Eve as one present the kids could open and immediately use because you will always be able to tell the difference between different years if your pictures get mixed up.

• Heather says:

The pj’s is what we do every Christmas Eve! And it really does with the Christmas morning pictures through the years lol. Of course our older children seem to be getting bored with it. Even my Husband and I get pj’s on Christmas Eve!

• Renee says:

So usually I am struggling to put up my Christmas tree after Thanksgiving but I don’t have that problem this year. My eldest is leaving in 2 weeks for China and won’t be back for a year so we decided to have Christmas for her now. I put the tree up Sunday and we had “Mini Christmas” on Monday.

• Victoria says:

Renee, that is so clever and sweet! If you took tons of pictures (which I’m sure you did since she’s leaving for a year), make her a photobook (Colin posts lots of great photobook freebies). Then send her the “Mini Christmas” book at the real Christmastime in December and I promise you she’ll cherish it forever!

• MaryKate Smith says:

I have nothing to contribute, but I have a LOT to learn! I am so excited for this series. What a great idea!

• Michelle says:

I can’t wait to steal some of everyone’s creative ideas for the holidays since I am the least creative person I know! This will help me fool everyone! It will be my little secret :) Thanks Collin!

• allyson says:

Im glad that I can add this post to my Hip List so I can get some pictures together. Thanks, Im excited to share about you wonderful, crazy family tradition!

• Mary H. says:

A gift idea for someone that likes to bake or cook is to give them all the ingredients for a particular recipe as a gift with the recipe. I am thinking of this – as either my sister or I received this from a good friend years ago when we were in college – all the dry ingredients for choc chip cookies & I remember it being a big hit.

Traditions – I do not think I have any creative ones.

We make all kinds of cookies and give some to neighbors as gifts.

Also – with giving – we volunteer our time for different places.

• Elizabeth says:

Every year during the holidays I play Christmas music nonstop. I am constantly baking holiday sweets. I paint Christmas ornaments every year and this year my toddler will be joining me. We do new PJs for Christmas. This year I am doing a Grinch night with my daughter where we watch the original Grinch with a few Grinch themed foods I found on pinterest. We want to try elf on the shelf but we don’t think our little one is old enough. She is only two. One last tradition the holiday decorating is done with only Christmas music in the background. It truly is my favorite time of the year.

• Mary says:

I do the same – play Christmas music from Thanksgiving weekend until about Jan 6th and play it in my house while baking, decorating and wrapping gifts. I also always play on my phone while out and in the car – it gets us in good spirits whatever our mood. My daughter and I usually plan some crafts to do – even though she is a teenager now – she still looks forward to do this!

• Sheila says:

Sheila A
    My husband and I got married in January and had our first child in November of the same year. We have never celebrated Christmas just the two of us. We’ve now been married almost 26 years, and I started a tradition just the two of us. Every year on Christmas Eve I have put the kids to bed, or roughly around 9:00 I have made a special dinner that I would never make any other time during the year. Our first year I made Cornish Hens that I had never had before and each year it’s a new unique dish that we have Just the Two of Us. Makes my Christmas morning worth waking up to.

• Roxane says:

One of the things that our family does is that we leave a little gift every morning for the 25 days of christmas. Not expensive just a little gift by their bed or in the bathroom (usually where they end up in the morning LOL)! Then we have a scavenger hunt to find the gifts on Christmas day. We leave clues for them to hunt for the gifts. They love it and it is fun to see them to work together to FIND what they have been asking for! I have fun with it and the kids do to.

• Heather J. says:

Just entered, thank you so much!

• Rhea says:

Just had to share this. This year we had a few hard times and with a family of 6 money gets tight. So I started couponing and using your site. When it came time for my kids (3 girls and a boy) to write their letters to Santa they really surprised me. The rule is they can ask for 3 things but know that Santa might deliver only one of them. My youngest (our son) asked for peace, love and a 3DS. Then my yougest of the girls not only wrote her letter to Santa but cut out the pictures of the items she wanted from ads and attached the coupons to go with them. I think they are getting into the stretching the budget spirit! FYI every year one of our traditions is to dig out our christmas books wrap them up and one one a day until christmas. Its fun and a good way not only to get the reading in but also to count down. We only bring these books out at this time so it makes them special. Thanks for all your help.

• Nora says:

It would be great if we could see all these holiday posts on one page. Maybe w can?

• Crystal says: