Take Test Drive at Local Chevy Dealer = FREE $50 Cabela’s Gift Card

Wow! Thanks to reader, Cindy, check out this awesome offer she emailed about…

I entered the sweep at www.chevyoutdoors.com to win the new Silverado or Cabela’s gift card. You click submit and a screen popped up (after I didn’t share it with others) to do a test drive for Chevy and get a $50 Cabela’s gift card WOOT! You just print that page, take it to the dealer and they will submit the test drive. I chose 1-3 months on interest in purchasing. Not sure if that tripped it, but it showed up when I did choose that.

I tested this and also got the offer, as you can see from the picture below:

To get your $50 Cabela’s Gift Card, simply print the page and bring it to your local Chevy Dealer for a test drive. Upon completion of the the test drive, give the print out to your dealer and they will validate your test drive. Upon validation, you will receive your gift card within 4-6 weeks. Expires 12/31/12. To find your local Chevy Dealer, visit http://www.chevydealer.com

*ELIGIBILITY: Employees of Chevrolet Motor Division (“Sponsor”), General Motors, LLC, Cabela’s Marketing and Brand Management ,Jack Morton Worldwide, Goodby Silverstein & Partners, MRM Worldwide, Synergy Marketing Partners (“Administrator”), and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealerships, dealership employees, distributors, and the members of their immediate families (spouses and parents, siblings, children and their spouses and in-laws) and persons living in the same household with such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to receive the $50 Cabela’s test drive incentive

• M says:

wow! This is awesome! I just got my offer printed out. My husband will love this! Thanks Collin and Cindy!

• Ashley57 says:

I didn’t get it, but I said over 12 months, because I don’t plan on buying a vehicle soon. FYI, that doesn’t work! :)

• Very cool! I entered and received the $50 certificate as well. Am going to bring in and give to my fishing obsessed godson’s Christmas present. Thank you, Thank you!

• barbie says:

it worked! thanks!

• Sarah says:

This is great! Thanks!

• MandyB says:

I got it too! Thanks!

• rebate queen says:

Awesome! Thank you!!

• Amy R says:

My hubs has wanted a Silverado forever….I’m sure he would like to test drive a new model!! Not only will he get to, but I will score a pretty great christmas gift for FREE!!!! Thanks Collin & Cindy
    BTW—I chose the 1-3 month option because…who knows……

• Wendy says:

Mine says this:

You’ve been selected to receive a private offer of a $50 Cabela’s gift card. All you have to do is test drive any Chevrolet vehicle and we’ll send the gift card as a thank you. Whether it’s Silverado — The Official Truck of the Outdoors — or any other Chevy, get behind the wheel and get the gear you want for any season. Taking a test drive is easy.

Nothing about printing… not sure what to do!

• Holly says:

My co-worker actually purchased a vehicle. They didn’t even give her the gift card. She went back a week later and they said they would mail it – nothing yet.

• laura says:

The offer says:

• sharon ressel says:

to print hit ctrl p (thats control and P at the same time)

• Jesse says:

neat! thanks for sharing.

• Suzy says:

You could always sell the gift card if Cabela’s is not your store. I checked– Plastic Jungle is paying 86.1% for them, so about $43. :D

• Erin says:

I had to do this twice. The first time I said 12+ months and didn’t receive the Cabela’s offer. The second time I said 1-3 months and the Cabela’s offer popped up immediately. Nice!

• Laura Wyatt says:

You can go back and enter again and just change your answer from more than 12 mos to 1-3 mos and then the offer will pop up. it could also be connected to emails from cabelas? Anyways I changed both of those and then I got the offer… I wonder if they will let both my husband and I do it???

• tbits says:

My husband & I were both able to get one! Can’t wait to test drive then get the cards to use for christmas. Oh yes & he said he is keeping his! LOL why not. :) Thanks Collin!

• Susie says:

I got this too, my hunting/fishing fanatic husband is gonna love this!

• Jennifer says:

Awesome!!! Thanks!!!

• Laura C says:

THANK YOU!!!! :)

• Rainey says:

I didn’t get the offer, maybe since I live in SO Cal they think we don’t use guns or hunt LOL

• Rachael says:

I got it. Hubby is going to LOVE this “Coupon”

• Rebecca says:

woohoo.Theres a dealership 5 minutes from me. Hopefully they will actually send this in.

• Kayli says:

We can test drive any car, right? The Volt I’m interested in. The huge Silverado – not so much

• debra says:

Please realize that as a wife of a car salesman I think you should all reconsider wasting a salesman’s time for this offer. They are paid on a commission basis only. When you waste their time you are taking away valuable time for them to actually sell a vehicle to someone who is truly interested in purchasing and therefore taking money straight out of their pocket. My husband works long hours (60 hr weeks) and is away from his kids trying to make a living in these tough times. I would hate to think he was wasting him time losing money from his paycheck just for someone to get something for free.

• Jen says:

Not to sound rude, but if you really think of it….dealerships are not that busy anymore and most people are not going to waste their own time test driving a vehicle just for the hell of it to get a gift card that most likely WILL NOT EVEN COME…I am going to test drive the vehicle because we are considering purchashing within 6 months…yes it might be wasting someone elses time right now but we need to financially prepare months in advance for a big purchase like this. I am sure not too many people walk into a dealership and purchase a vehicle the first or second time in there. A good sales person would understand people need to think over their decisions.

• It is unfortunate when people waste salespeoples’ time. However, that is an issue that your husband needs to take up with GM or his dealership, and not the potential customer. I am actually interested in test driving a Chevy, even though we may not purchase one for another year.

That is just the unfortunate part of working in sales. I have been in sales and it sucks, but that is the job your husband chose, Debra. Besides, test driving doesn’t take that long. It isn’t like they are requiring everyone to run their credit and do financing, etc.

• Carol says:

Not trying to be a pot-stir-er, but I do agree with Debra. It sounds like the offer is intended for those who are looking to purchase in 1-3 months, not those looking to purchase later down the road and in the meantime get something for free. I think a lot of people WILL take the time to do this for $50. Just because this kind of thing is a part of sales jobs does not make it right for us to do it. I used to work in retail and got yelled at a lot by rude people. It was a part of the job but it was not right of them to act like this.

• Jenna says:

Wow, for a group that jumps to rag on coupon defrauders you guys are sure willing to defraud Chevy without a thought. I’m pretty sure Debra was saying that this offer is for those seriously looking at buying a vehicle in the next 1-3 months. If you’re seriously looking to buy them by all means go in its not wasting the sales team time. But seriously if you are just gaming/defrauding their system to get $50 you are 1-being dishonest 2- committing coupon fraud and 3- potentially impacting another families ability to make a living and put food on their table. If Debra’s husband is out giving you your wasted test drive and he misses a REAL buyer then you just cost his family a pay check. With that said and my frustration at the blatant double standard many of you seem to have, if you go in tell them you are not really interested in buying a vehicle you just received the offer and would like to redeem the offer then they can choose to either enter your test drive or tell you no. At least you will have been honest and can walk away feeling good about yourself.

• Jana says:

I totally agree with everything you said.

• Katherine says:

Jenna. You hit the nail on the head and I agree with your post as well (and Debra). It’s double standard at it’s finest. Debra’s post was very genuine and she was simply stating her thoughts. Her thoughts are valid. In my opinion, this test drive offer is for those who really and truly looking at buying a chevy truck/car within the next 6 months. Honestly, my household is a ford/dodge lover and I wouldn’t even consider doing this offer just to receive the gift card. It is a waste of time for the dealers when I know in my heart I will absoluetely NOT buy a chevy. To Debra.. hang in there! Anyway, just my .02 worth.

• CourtneyAmanda says:

Oh. Good. Grief. That is my two cents.

You people with spouse’s in sales of any kind, please stop making calls. You are wasting my husband’s time. He has a job to do and every call or visit he has to take for a product or service he is not interested in is wasting his time and mine too. He has a job to get done. When your sales pitching spouse takes away from my husband’s time to work, that is time away from his family.

(see how ridiculous you sound)

Suck it up ladies. Sales pitches are the way of the world. Your sales pitching spouse has no problem wasting other’s time, so a portion of your spouse’s time will be wasted as well.

• debra says:

You are the one who sounds ridiculous. My husband doesn’t come to your work and take up your time for which you then will not get paid all because he is a greedy person trying to fraud an offer meant for true buyers. He does not get an hourly wage. He gets paid when a customer actually purchases a car/truck and this is generally after hours and hours of answering the same questions over and over, taking you on test drives in at least 5 cars and going over tons pf paperwork. If you knew the first thing about car sales or sales in general you would know how stupid you sound.

• anna says:

maybe everybody needs to take a timeout, drink some calming tea and look at other hip2save deals for a while. i’m sure no one truly wants to hurt anyone’s feelings. and we would break collin’s heart if she sees how we are talking to each other.

• Jenna says:

Amen, Debra!!! My husband is not in sales but I can certainly appreciate the situation and would love to have CourtneyAmanda’s husbands work number so I could call and waste his time to the point that his boss comes in and says sorry you don’t get paid today. The point is the offer was for people buying in 1-3 months if you go in taking a test drive under that assumption but you have no real interest in buying a car at all….you are a Liar and guilty of fraud. If you are okay with that then so be it but I certainly am not willing to sell my soul or my integrity for $50.

• CourtneyAmanda says:

Wow you’re dumb. My example of random sales calls to offices just went right over your head didn’t it? Perhaps you should reexamine just why your husband is working 60 hours per week, lol.

• Jeanie Casa says:

This reminds me of the HSN Toyota voucher and travel mug deal posted not that long ago. People hopping on it ordering 9 mugs and what not and I’m sure some had no intention of purchasing a Toyota. What are you going to do? Some people are just greedy SOB’s and do not care and that’s it. I frankly have no love for car sales people. I’ve been seriously screwed over by them in the past and hours of my time wasted because they didn’t want to take no for an answer. I was younger then though and didn’t know any better, now I do and it will never happen again. Point is there are unscrupulous people in all walks of life. That said, you cannot control what another person does no matter how you state your case. Sitting pointing fingers on a coupon site isn’t going to change it.

• debra says:

You can always walk away if you are not satisfied with your salesman. Personally my husband receives the highest marks on his customer satisfaction surveys and would never push someone for hours on end. That would not help him in the long run and in the end it is you who signs the purchase agreement. My whole point was people should know how this offer impacts others financially. We have 3 young children and have at times eaten ramen noodles or eggs to get through the week. There is no amount of couponing that will pay our rent or our electric bill. There are a lot of great deals we can get by helping each other without costing someone their lively hood. If you are seriously considering a Chevy then by all means, go take that test drive you have been putting off. That’s exactly what this offer is meant to do. Entice you in to see the product. Not take advantage of Chevrolet or their salesman.

• Jeanie Casa says:

Yes, you are the one that signs the paper or can always walk away, but for inexperienced buyers or young people, it’s not always that easy as walking away or even knowing what you are signing. And many sales people take advantage of that, they do not want to give you a chance to even think about it because they know once you walk out that door, the odds of you coming back are slim. Car sales are all about baiting a “fish” and at any cost. I’ve yet to see a car sales person care what they sell you, it’s definitely a buyer beware market. As for your husband, it sounds like he is one of the better salesmen out there and for him it would be a shame if people wasted is time and worse cost him a sale so your point is well taken and I agree. Though as another poster pointed out, this a marketing ploy by Chevy and Cabelas to get people in the door. So my guess is that they obviously know not everyone will purchase a car. Do I think it’s right to go in under false pretenses just to score a gift card, No I do not. And I do not plan to bother with this offer because I’m not interested in a car at this time nor do I want to be bombarded with phone calls or emails from a car dealership. but that’s me.

• db says:

personally, as a diabetic I find it totally offensive when couponers go after the meters for overage, saying they will donate them. then when I go to the store the deal is gone.

Debra, here is how marketing works. Chevy hopes that anyone who comes in and drives will buy at some point, maybe not today. People often do research, spend months or years planning a purchase. If I see something I like when test driving I might come back later and buy, even if I don;t today. In sales this is called filling the funnel. You put a lot in at the top to the funnel to get a little out. Chevy knows many folks who aren’t planning to buy within 1-3 months will come in. Some will see something they like and decide to buy now, rather than later. Some will reconsider Chevy and come back later. some will take their gift card and run. Many had never heard of Cabela’s and now they have, bringing them new customers who will spend more than the gift card value. THIS IS WHAT CHEVY AND CABELAS WANT.

My husband also sold cars. He was happy with any promotion that brought more potential buyers in because he was a great sales person but could only sell if he had customers. This is a good thing for your husband.

• debra says:

Thanks for your comment but your husband obviously is not selling cars in today’s financially devastated market. This is not a good thing for him. He has been in this business for almost 20 years and has gone through many of these gimmicks. When you come in and take his time to take you on a test drive for a car you have no interest in purchasing you are taking him away from the chance to actually sell to a real customer. Many dealerships make their salesman take turns. You come in and waste his turn he may end up waiting all day without another chance with a legitimate buyer. As for your husband, he could only sell if he had BUYING customers not scammers. I am certain 99% of those seeking this deal through a blog, gong back and changing there answer to get the offer, would probably not even qualify for a purchase. They are only there for something free. And they are quite simply dishonest and stealing from both Chevy and Cabela.

• Janie says:

Wow Debra clearly you’ve never taken a basic marketing class. This promotion is meant to attract customers to both Chevy and Cabela’s. With the way the economy is, I’m sure your husband should use some potential customers. I’ve worked in sales for 20 years, and I personally think your attitude is appalling. It’s highly insensitive and insulting to accuse people of “stealing” by taking this offer. If you care about your husband so much, maybe you should get off the computer and try to be a little more considerate for his sake.

• Elizabeth says:

Getting a $50 gift card for driving a Chevy and then not purchasing the Chevy is hardly coupon fraud… Maybe everyone could just agree to disagree?

• Rhonda says:

I filled out the form today (several times…) and nothing happened. I googled the contest again and clicked on “Dealnews.com” link and a pop up came up saying the deal is expired. Maybe too many people signed up? Is there a way to check that out Collin? I cannot find anything on the status. Did anyone get it to work today? (friday)

• Ashley57 says:

I just did this today and they didn’t even make me do the test drive. They just validated the form and I left. Only wasted 5 minutes of someone’s time. This is a silly fight up there.

• Erin says:

Has anyone received their gift card? I completed my test drive on 10/20/12 and got an email instantly stating that I would receive the gift card within 2-4 weeks and it still hasn’t arrived. I am just curious if anyone else has gotten there’s or if they aren’t going to send them.

• Danielle T says:

glad it’s not just me, I havent gotten mine yet either i did it my drive back on october 20th.. i was planning on using this as an xmas gift so i really hope it shows up :(

• Patti A says:

I called the company and there was a recording saying there was a delay in cards but didn’t say what date to expect them. Not sure what to think

• Jen says:

I have had the same issue no gift card received yet and test drove in Oct. Does anyone have any contact info?

• Katie says:

I’m in the same boat. I found a message board with some helpful info. Sounds like they underestimated demand and are behind on shipping them out. Here’s what one person said they received from Chevy via e-mail:

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for your interest in our sweepstakes! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us and are delighted to assist you with your inquiry.

We appreciate your enthusiasm for our sponsored sweepstakes and we are sorry to hear that you have not received your $50.00 Cabela’s Gift Card. From the information you provided, it seems as if you are referring to Chevy’s Deer Camp Pointer Sweepstakes which began on September 28, 2012, at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time and ends on November 30, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.

If you have already printed out the bounce back offer announcing a $50 Cabela’s gift card in exchange for a test drive and have completed the test drive, it should take approximately 2-4 weeks for you to receive it by mail. Although Chevrolet is sponsoring this sweepstakes, disbursement of the Cabela’s gift cards will be done through Synergy Marketing Partners. We have contacted Synergy Marketing Partners on your behalf and were informed that there has been a processing delay and cards are due to arrive in 7 to 10 days. If you would like to contact the company directly, Synergy Marketing Partners may be reached via email at info@synergymarketingpartners.com or by phone at 1-630-983-8900.

Once again, thank you for contacting us. At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-950-2438 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 9pm Eastern Time, and Saturday 9am to 6pm. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
      2013 Chevy Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers and Vans | Chevrolet

This is where I found it: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/887320-free-50-dollar-cabelas-gift-card-8.html

• Larry Miller says:

Test drove a Cruse today and wanting A dissel, none avialble at the dealer at this time. Got a validation # bac170266 but they told me to get on computer and file for free card . Don’t know where to file for card. Liked car but was told dealer would validate the test drive ! Help?