Kroger: Buy 5 Select Items & Save $5 On Your Next Purchase = Great Deals on General Mills Items

Calling all you Kroger shoppers! Starting today through October 23rd, Kroger is having a great “Buy 5 now and Save $5″ Catalina promo this week where you can snag some awesome deals! Whenever you buy 5 participating General Mills items, you will get a store coupon to save $5 on your next purchase.

Even sweeter, this appears to be a “rolling” Catalina offer which means that you can buy 5 items, get a $5 Catalina, and then turn around and redeem your $5 Catalina on another 5 qualifying items to get yet another $5 Catalina! Most ads and sale prices are valid 10/17-10/23; however, be sure to check with your local Kroger ad to see when the sale ends and to verify the prices at your store.

Here are a few deals you can snag:

Betty Crocker Cookie Mix 14 oz $2.50
Use the $0.50/1 Betty Crocker Cookie Mix coupon found here (doubles to $1)
Pay $1.50
Get back $0.50/1 in your SavingStar.com account (no longer available to download)
Final cost $1!
*Plus, get back a $5 Catalina whenever you buy 5 participating items!

Betty Crocker Mac & Cheese or Specialty Potatoes 3.7-6.6 oz 10/$10 ($1 each)
Use the $0.50/2 Betty Crocker Boxed Potatoes coupon found here (doubles to $1)
Pay $1
Get back $0.50 in your on SavingStar.com account for buying 2 packages (no longer available to download)
Final cost $0.25 per box!
*Plus, get back a $5 Catalina whenever you buy 5 participating items!

Hamburger, Chicken or Tuna Helper 4.3-7.5 oz 2/$3 ($1.50 each)
Use the $0.75/3 Hamburger Helper, Tuna Helper or Chicken Helper Home Cooked Skillet coupon found here
Final cost $3.75!
*Plus, get back a $5 Catalina whenever you buy 5 participating items!

Betty Crocker Shake-N-Pour Dessert $2.99
Use the $0.50/1 Betty Crocker Shake-N-Pour Dessert coupon found here (doubles to $1)
Pay $1.99
Final cost $1.49!
*Plus, get back a $5 Catalina whenever you buy 5 participating items!

Chex Mix, Bugles or Gardetto’s 7.5-8.75 oz $2
Use the $0.50/1 Chex Mix or Chex 100 Calorie Snack 4.5 oz+ coupon found here (doubles to $1)
Pay $1
Get back $0.50/1 in your SavingStar.com account (no longer available to add to card)
Final cost $0.50!
*Plus, get back a $5 Catalina whenever you buy 5 participating items!

General Mills Cereal 11.8-18 oz $2.50
Use the $0.50/1 Cheerios Honey Nut Cereal coupon found here (doubles to $1)
Or use the $0.50/1 Cocoa Puffs or Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch Cereal coupon found here (doubles to $1)
Pay $1.50
Get back $0.50/1 in your SavingStar.com account
Final cost as low as $1!
*Plus, get back a $5 Catalina whenever you buy 5 participating items!

Old El Paso Refried Beans 16 oz or Enchilada Sauce 10 oz 4/$5 ($1.25 each)
Old El Paso Small or Large Flour Tortillas, OR Crunchy Taco Shells 4/$5 ($1.25 each)
Use the $0.60/3 Old El Paso Product found in the 9/9 SS
Pay $3.15
Get back $0.60 in your SavingStar.com account for buying 3 packages (no longer available to add to card)
Final cost $0.85 each!
*Plus, get back a $5 Catalina whenever you buy 5 participating items!

Pillsbury Ready to Bake Cookies 12-24 ct or Chub 16.5 oz $2.50
Use the $1/2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Cookie Dough coupon found here
Pay $2
Get back $1 in your SavingStar.com account for buying 2 packages
Final cost $1.50 each!
*Plus, get back a $5 Catalina whenever you buy 5 participating items! You can also submit the mail-in rebate for FREE Totino’s Rolls when you buy select Pillsbury cookies!

Pillsbury Toaster Strudel 6 ct or Breakfast Entrée 7.4-8 oz 2/$4 ($2 each)
Buy 3 packages and use the $0.50/2 Pillsbury Toaster Strudel, Toaster Scrambles, Pastries or Pancakes found in the 9/9 SS (doubles to $)
Or use the $0.50/2 Pillsbury Toaster Strudel, Toaster Scrambles Pastries or Pancakes found in the 8/5 GM or 10/7 GM
Or use the $0.75/3 Pillsbury Toaster Strudel, Toaster Scrambles Pastries or Pillsbury Pancakes coupon found here
Pay $5
Get back $0.75 in your SavingStar.com account for buying 3 packages (no longer available to add to card)
Final cost as low as $1.42 each!
*Plus, get back a $5 Catalina whenever you buy 5 participating items!

Totino’s Party Pizza 9.8-10.9 oz 4/$5 ($1.25 each)
Use the $1/4 Totino’s Party Pizza coupon found here
Or use the $1/5 Totino’s Crisp Crust Party Pizza Products via Cellfire
Or use the $1/5 Totino’s Party Pizza Kroger Digital coupon
Final cost as low as $4!
*There’s also a $1/5 Totino’s Party Pizza eCoupon found on SavingStar.com. Plus, get back a $5 Catalina whenever you buy 5 participating items!

Yoplait Frozen Smoothie $2
*Not included in Great Lakes/Columbus region.
Use the $0.75/1 Yoplait Frozen Smoothie coupon found here
Final cost $1.25!
*Plus, get back a $5 Catalina whenever you buy 5 participating items!

Remember, all you need to do is buy 5 participating General Mills products to receive a $5 Catalina to use on your next order. Awesome! :)

(Thanks, Kroger Krazy & Stacy!)

• Alison says:

Is the Tostino’s coupons.com coupon under a certain area code or is it out of prints? TIA :)

• Nikki says:

Heads Up! when you go to coupons.com these days. I’ve noticed (and learned the hard way) when I go to grab 1 featured Q, sometimes as many as 10!!! have already been pre-selected that I did not choose. If you don’t catch it, you’ll have alot of ink sucked out of the ‘ole printer.

• Lori says:

I did the Betty Crocker instant boxed potatoes yesterday and I indeed got a $5.00 cat with my purchase of 5 boxes, used that for the one day candy sale on my second order.

• Sarah says:

Oh ya. Already have deals planned for today!

• Ryan says:

it’s not in this promo…but you can get free Oral-B toothbrushes & Crest toothpaste this week too with the $.50/1 in the 10/7 P&G! The sale was continued from last week, they are both on sale 10/$10 & Kroger will double 2 of the same coupon per transaction! so snag some while you can! & don’t forget a rain check if they are out!

• Pam says:

The only Oral B coupon I find is for battery toothbrushes. Am I missing something?

• The oral b toothbrushes are $10 for 10 but the coupon is for $0.50 off one battery or TWO cavity defense toothbrushes (which are the ones on sale)- so it will be $0.50 each for the toothbrush. This is what the coupon says EXACTLY- 50 cents off one Oral-B Pulsar, 3D White, Pro-Health, Complete or Two Indicator or Cavity Defense Toothbrushes exp 10/31/12 PG 9-30

• Amy says:

I’m reading the SavingStar website under “FAQ” and it suggests that SavingStar coupons are not meant to be stacked with paper coupons. Here is what it says:
    SavingStar eCoupons will work whether or not you combine them with other services’ coupons, but they are not intended to be used this way. Generally, manufacturers state that it is against their policies for shoppers to redeem more than one manufacturer’s coupon for the same purchase. Using in-store coupons in combination with SavingStar eCoupons is not a problem.

In the future, we may implement mechanisms to limit the combination of SavingStar eCoupons with other manufacturer coupons.

So, this doesn’t work then? I just don’t want to do anything wrong.

• laura says:

does anyone know if you can do more then one catalina per order, say buy the ten for ten potatoes, would you get 2 cats ?

• Aimee says:

Last night I bought 5 boxes of Betty Crocker boxed potatoes, used 2 50/2 coupons, paid $3 and got back a $5 cat. This rolls, so you could really stock up on boxed potatoes, or use the $5 cat and used it on the other deals listed to get them free or near free with q’s, plus another $5 cat.

• Cid says:

I got this deal on Monday…sent the $5 off coupon to my son in college with some others to use by Saturday. He gets the benefit of my cereal shopping…lol

• cw says:

If i buy 10 items in one transaction will it print two $5 catillina or a $10 or will i only get one per transaction??

• Sarah says:

Does anyone know if you can roll this Catalina?

• mabel says:

These catalinas Do roll and more than 1 prints per transaction. For example if you buy 10 participating items you get (2) $5 catalinas. I have already done several transactions this week.

Deal idea:
    Buy (10) betty crocker potatoes ($1 each)
    Use (5) $.50/2 betty crocker potatoes coupons (GM 10/07/12 or SS 09/09/12)
    If your store doubles….pay $5 + tax.
    Get (2) $5 catalinas= $5 money maker!!!!!

• ac says:

does anyone know if this sale is on for 2 weeks or one? thank you

• fran says:

• Amina says:

I have a the same question as well what zipcode do you use to print the Totinos pizza?

• sarah says:

can we use more than one $5 coupon per transaction…basically if i buy 10 bc potatoes then get 2 of the $5 coupons…on my next order then can i use both the coupons or is it limit one per transaction?

• mabel says:

My store let me use 4 catalinas to pay in one transaction :)…..there may not be a limit.

• sarah says:

k thanks, there was one last year that beeped and were only allowed to use one per transaction…messed up my whole checkout plan. thanks for the heads up and i hope so..im sure theyll love LESS transactions :)

• roberta says:

I was only allowed to use one coupon on my order today. I’m thinking they tightened the rules.

• mommyof 6;) says:

is this for Kroger/affiliated too like Fry’s?

• Chasity says:

There’s also a quick and easy online Totino’s Rebate available when you purchase 4 pizzas, so this deal just keeps getting better!http://www.useyourcash.com/totinosgrocerycash/

• Kate says:

So can I buy 5 Betty Crocker Potatoes at $1.00 each
    Use a $5.00 catalina
    Just Pay tax and still receive another $5.00 Catalina?

• Kate says:

or would i need another item to bump up the price a little?

• Keri says:

Yes! Isn’t this sale wonderful?!

• Kate says:

Yes, it just sounds almost too good to be true. So i can just do like 10 separate transactions? Or is there a limit of how many catalinas per customer per day?

• Keri says:

Not sure of a limit, but here were my transactions at Smith’s this morning (no coupon doubles, and I don’t have a SavingStar account). Worked like a charm!:

Buy 5 Old El Paso Tortillas ($1)
          Pay $5
          Get $5 Catalina

Buy (2) BC boxed potatoes ($1)
          Buy (1) GM Cocoa Puffs ($2.50)
          Buy (2) BC Mac & Cheese ($1)
          Use (1) $.50/2 BC boxed potatoes E-COUPON
          Use (1) $.50/1 GM Cocoa Puffs E-COUPON
          Use $5 Catalina from previous transaction
          Pay $.50
          Get $5 Catalina

Buy (3) Old El Paso taco shells ($1)
          Buy (2) GM Golden Grahams ($2.50)
          Use (1) $.60/3 Old El Paso E-COUPON
          Use (2) $.75/1 GM Golden Grahams
          Use $5 Catalina from previous transaction
          Pay $.90
          Get $5 Catalina

Buy (4) BC boxed potatoes ($1)
          Buy (1) GM Cocoa Puffs ($2.50)
          Use (2) $.50/2 BC boxed potatoes
          Use (1) $.50/1 GM Cocoa Puffs
          Use $5 Catalina from previous transaction
          Pay $0
          Get $5 Catalina

• Kate says:

okay thank you for your help! I’ve got my transactions wrote down, so I will go and see if it works! i’ll be crossing my fingers!

• mindy says:

totino’s pizza is money maker after rebates (buy 5 totino pizza special marked boxes use $1/4 coupon. pay $5.25 + tax. get $5 catalina. then submit 4 special codes on line to get $5 check mail to your house.) this is awesome!

• Kate says:

Yay, I just got back and it is rolling! I scored 35 items for $7 plus I still have a $5 catalina to use later in the week! Amazing sale!

• LaKendra says:

Great idea, Cid! Way to go, Mom!

• Acacia says:

I am LOVING this catalina! The poor cashiers at my local Fry’s stores are probably sick to death of me already, but I still have $15 in catalinas burning a hole in my wallet and a few inches of open space in my pantry. I’ll be heading back tomorrow morning for trip number 4.

• Jaime says:

does this work at Fred Meyers?

• Elizabeth says:

anybody try this at Smith’s?

• Kate says:

Yep, I just got back and it is rolling! Scored 35 items for $7 plus I still have a $5 catalina to use later in the week! Amazing sale!

• Renee says:

I’ve been 4 times already this week and plan on going at least 3 more times rolling the $5 cat each time. Also look out for the free movie GM promo on the cereal. So far I have only found it on one of the cereals included in the sale-Trix. It seems to only be on larger size boxes. Paid .55 each for 4 boxes and now get 2 movie tickets!Score!!!!

• Heather says:

I saw the free movie boxes on Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Lucky Charms here in Knoxville, TN; and they were both part of the sale 2/5:)

• Linda says:

What is expiration date on the catalinas?
    Thanks

• llc says:

AND Bonus – this will bump up your fuel rewards like crazy!

• Sarah says:

I just tried entering my codes for the Totinos rebate and it keeps kicking me back to the main screen. I emailed them. Anyone else having this problem?

Also look for the boxes of cereal that give you free movie tickets.

• jennifer says:

can i use a load2card coupon and an printed internet coupon at the same time?

• Daymon says:

We don’t need but a few boxes of the BC potatoes and we don’t eat the BC style mac n cheese (kids won’t eat it), but I have bought 10 boxes of each since they are free. Our kids school will be starting their holiday food drive soon, so these are great items to let the kids take with them to school for the food drive. The class that wins always gets some sort of prize. So, some of the things that aren’t perishable and are free or darn near free will be bought for the food drive. I will add it to the free Yakisoba (sp?) noodles we have and won’t eat. I just hope that they are free again before the drive so I can use the current coupons to get more.
    Anyhow, just thought I would give a suggestion to anyone that might not of thought about the school food drive, or any food drive for that matter.

• Amanda says:

So because I’m always searching for Toaster Strudel deals… I came up with buying for 4 boxes of the BC potatoes and 1 box of Toaster Strudels…comes to $6 before coupons…then use 2-$.50/2 BC potatoes coupons (doubles to $1) and use 1-$.35/1 coupon for the Strudels(triple to $1.05)…bringing it down to $2.95 oop…get back $5 Catalina…so yea I’m rolling til the wheels fall off

• Christina says:

The sale prices arent on the products at my local Kroger. Does that mean my store isn’t participating? I know our sale ads begin on Thursday so I wasn’t sure if I had to wait until then.

• Karen says:

Im so jealous i live in the Houston area and Krogers do not double coupons, just isn’t fair

• Carla says:

I’m new at this! Please let me know if I have this right. Advertised Totinos pizza…4/$5. Buy 5 items get $5 back w/ catalina. If I buy 20 pizzas that would be $25. Use digital coupon for $1/5. That would mean I get $20 back in catalina. So I’d actually be paying $4 for 20 pizzas or $0.20 each. I have the freezer space and 4 kids! Then I can use the catalina coupons to pay for the other deals I want. Is this right??

• Janet says:

I just realized today that BC cake mixes are a part of the buy 5 items get $5 coupon deal. Each cake mix is $1.25. So when you buy 5 cake mixes, you spend $6.25, get $5 coupon back, for a total of $1.25 oop. That’s 25 cents per cake mix! Does anyone have a complete list of all of the products that are part of this deal?

• katie says:

click on the ‘kroger krazy’ link at the bottom of Collin’s post (before all the comments and she has a list posted of the deals included.

• Linda says:

I shopped at Fry’s today (AZ) & bought 30 items (all with coupons!) machine only printed 5 but customer svc gave me $5 store card so great deal. All that to say, think limit is 5 catalinas per transaction. Lots of good stuff for the food drive! Thanks, Collin for posting.

• Heather says:

This deal is amazingly AWESOME! I went to Smith’s and got hoards of fabulous buys for free (Taco shells, instant potatoes) and $.25 (cake mixes), a few things were $1 (toaster strudels, fruit snacks, chex). The easiest way to shop this is go in and grab a copy of the ad, look at the $5 back section (mine was on the back of the second page) find the best deals and shop away. I can tell they vary from store to store, so best luck is looking at your local ad. I bought in groups of 20 items, then applied the $20 in coupons to the next order, then got $20 in coupons again, and kept doing that. It worked like magic. I still have $20 left, and I am going back tonight hoping they restocked the mac and cheese.

• Rebecca says:

I just got done doing this deal. Bought 30 participating items, Only printed 4 x $5. I talked to the assistant manager at my store and she said it been doing that all day and so she called corporate. What corporate said is there is suppose to be a limit of 4 per transaction and to start enforcing that. So my Kroger’s now have signs up stating only can do deal 4 times in transaction.

Check your kroger’s for the signs now stating a limit.

(Luckily for me, she printed my remaining 2 coupons) :)

• Ashlie Smith says:

Just got back from Kroger in Virginia. Yesterday they let you do 50 items, today only 20. But they forgot to tell all of their employees, so when I asked them today how many items right before I started shopping, they said 50. I bought 50, (actually 90 total, I did an order, a friend did 40 in the next lane) just to get 8 catalinas printed total.. $40.00 back instead of $90! I asked customer service and they said the employee I talked to must’ve not got the memo that corporate changed their policy this morning, and I was out of luck. $50 out of luck!!! (And a 45 minute drive one-way to get there!) That’s my grocery budget for the week living on one income!! I’m writing letters in hopes of getting some sort of compensation. Just BEWARE. Check and double check before you head to check out.

** On a side note, the Betty Crocker frosting is included in the deal, and there are coupons out there for it.**

• jill says:

Ashlie, I would have just had them void the transaction and then break it into as many transactions as they wanted you to … 20.. 20… 20 etc.., If they won’t let you do “back to back” transactions just go have lunch or run another errand, come back in an hour and go again. I too live an hour away from any town/grocery store and know your frustration. I go to town once a week, so I make it a good trip and it’s tough when store impose small limits.

• Ashlie Smith says:

I wish I could’ve done back to back, but they wouldn’t let me. And I’m afraid shopping with a 2 year old doesn’t allow for extended shopping trips haha. I did send a letter to corporate hoping for some response at least. Maybe they’ll at least make stores post the limit. Ours doesn’t post anything. I still ended up with a ‘decent’ deal, 100 items for $70… but should’ve been $20!! I’m donating it to charity anyway, so at least other families will reap the benefit.

• Mel says:

They limited it to 10 items here in Dayton Ohio. They said nothing until I already had all my stuff at the checkout. I had a friend with me. They told her that since she was with me she couldnt buy anything. Kroger is getting too caught up with couponing. They had 4 employees at my register. Made me feel like a criminal.

• Kate says:

I was told by a manager that rolling these was unethical and that I shouldn’t have even tried to roll them. I only had 5 like items and a total of 25 items! Made me feel like an idiot in front of everyone at the store.

• Colon,
    Thanks for getting me started on all the savings. My daughter told me about this awesome website about a year ago so I went home and looked up Hip2save and now that the balls a rollin’on savings….. I went grocery shopping today at my local Kroger store and they have a deal going on right now that if you buy 5 participating items you get a print out for $5.00 off your next shopping trip (NO LIMIT). So I started putting away my 50 items and thought that I would like to share this with you. My total bill before coupons $107.00 minus coupons = $59.40 (out of pocket) and they handed me $50.00 back. So after spending 59.40, I got $50.00 to use on my next shopping trip. So…. 50 items for $9.40 CHA CHING!!

Thanks again from One happy shopper,
    Diana

• MIke says:

I guess the sale is over now I asked about it today and clerk told me it had ended. I tested it by buying 5 participating items and nothing.