Whole Foods Market: Atlantic Salmon Fillets Only $8.99/lb. (Tomorrow, 11/2 Only)

If you love fresh fish as much as I do, then you’ll definitely want to consider heading on over to Whole Foods tomorrow, November 2nd, where you can snag fresh, farm-raised Atlantic Salmon Fillets for just $8.99/pound!

The salmon for this sale comes from a select handful of producers from Iceland, Norway and Scotland who don’t take shortcuts and care as much about the quality of farmed seafood as you do. To get the best for your plate, our fish-farming partners pass regular third-party inspections and raise seafood without antibiotics, parasiticides or added growth hormones.

Head on over to the Whole Foods Market blog to learn more about this sale and to check out some yummy recipes. Availability and limits may vary by region, contact your store for details. Offer good while supplies last, most stores will not issue rain checks.

• Stephanie says:

Anybody know what regular price for it is?

• Melony says:

I learned this tip from the meat department employees at my local Walmart – all the seafood in the “fresh” section is just frozen fish that the store has removed from the freezer section and thawed out ahead of time. If there’s a significant price difference between “fresh” from behind the counter (meaning that it is more expensive to get it from behind the counter) and frozen, choose the frozen. It’s the exact same thing just thawed out. Why pay more for the store thawing it for you? :)

• Mika says:

I actually went to stop and shop yesterday and saw that the frozen salmon was more expensive than the “fresh” one. Which is weird since I would think it would be the other way around.

• Lori says:

I thought all “farm” raised fish was bad for you? Too many Omega 6 from the grain based feed they give them. I thought “wild” was the one to get. Any thoughts?

• bunged says:

I won’t buy farm raised salmon–they feed them corn to fatten them up and add antibiotics. Unfortunately, “wild” (non-farm) fish is hard to come by. I’m surprised whole foods is selling it. Just my thoughts.

• Charlotte says:

Just as an FYI there were articles in the Norwegian newspapers about Norwegian salmon being contaminated with salmonella (apt btw), but they were later cleared and does not contain salmonella.

As for the comments about Omega 6 I have heard the same, but figure it must be healthier to eat some salmon, if even farm raised than red meat all the time.

• Bridget says:

I don’t hit whole foods much ( its far) , but when I do, I love getting a piece of their pecan crusted Salmon! DELICIOUS!!