This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Friday, November 16th, 2012 at 2:28 pm.
Thanks to all of you who are serving or have served our country and special thanks to those of you who are currently deployed and will be away from home this holiday season. Congratulations to the five winners of this Hip2Save Giveaway – all of whom are deployed soldiers and have been nominated by their wife or mother. Note: Emails have already been sent to the family member who nominated their soldier. The camcorder will be mailed to the soldier’s overseas address. Please do NOT email me if you have specific questions related to a giveaway; instead, you can email bryn@hip2savedotcom (if you are a winner, I strongly encourage you to add the email address bryn@hip2savedotcom to your contacts or to be sure to check your spam folder as some readers have discovered the giveaway email in their spam folder).
Sony HD Handycam Camcorder (5 winners out of 165 entrants)
Required comment: Provide the name of the deployed soldier whom you are nominating and tell us a little bit about him/her and why he/she deserves to win a camcorder.
1. Daniel Kle nominated by his wife Kerrie Kle The person I nominate is my amazing and dedicated husband. He has been deployed this entire year and will more than likely not make it home for the holidays. I think the video camera would allow him to capture his experience there and be able to show our future children what it was like. He has been in the military for about seven years and has been away from home for the most part of the last 2.5 years. He is an amazing soldier and truly loves his job. Hopefully he will be home for our second wedding anniversary next year. Thank you for this amazing tribute to those that truly know what sacrifice and freedom means! Thank you for your consideration. – A wife waiting for her soldier
2. John Van nominated by his wife Nicole Van My husband is currently on his 7th deployment. He is hardworking and dedicated to his mission as an Air Force pilot. Not only that, he is a wonderful father to our four children.
3. Kristofer Mea nominated by his wife Natalie Mea He is a combat medic and works hard for his family and country. He puts his life on the line for our freedom and for us to have the things we do.
4. Lee Dav nominated by his mother Julie Dav My son Lee is in the Army; he makes us very proud. He loves his country, his family, and his fellow soldiers. He is deployed to Afghanistan right now, and we are praying for his safe return and that of all our deployed soldiers!
5. Steve Del nominated by his wife Karen Del This is my husband who has been deployed three times. His first time was Iraq and now twice to Afghanistan. His unit is going to be disbanded after this rotation. His unit will be back before the kids get out of school. I live in Europe with our two school-age kids, missing him and awaiting his safe return. We can’t wait to return to the States where we can coupon again!