American Express Cardholders: FREE $25 Credit on November 24th (Register Your Card Now!)

Wow! I have a great deal for those of you who are American Express cardholders. On Saturday, November 24th, registered American Express cardholders can snag a FREE $25 credit with any purchase of $25 or more at qualifying small business locations. Keep in mind that enrollment is limited so you must register now before enrollments run out (also note that corporate and prepaid cards are not eligible).

Here’s what you need to do…

* Head over here to register your American Express card (you may register one card for this offer)

* Using your registered American Express Card, spend $25 or more at participating small business merchants on Saturday, 11/24. Your purchase must equal $25 or more (for example, if your transaction is only for $15, you will not receive a credit). Multiple transactions of less than $25 will not qualify even if the combined total of those transactions is over $25. You may purchase multiple items that together equal $25 or more, but you must purchase them in a single transaction to receive the statement credit.

* 4. Qualifying small business locations are those identified on the Shop Small® Map, available at ShopSmall.com. In addition, small business locations that accept American Express through Square also qualify and can be found on the Square Directory here.

* Receive the $25 statement credit. Statement credits are generally issued within 8 weeks after your qualifying purchase.

* See the full term & conditions of this offer here.

(Thanks, My Free Product Samples and Diane!)

• myositisco says:

I missed out on this last year, so I actually stayed up last night to make sure I enrolled! This program is so cool – just make sure to find an eligible business to get your credit at http://www.shopsmall.com, some of our stores that participated last year aren’t doing it this year. =(

• Heather says:

Just a hint for finding businesses that participate. When I put in my city, it listed 100 small businesses but so many of them were medical or legal offices. So then I listed different areas of my city (not their own city, just neighborhoods that have a name associated with them) and I was able to come up with lots more businesses to choose from. For example, I live in Salt Lake City, but I was able to find a lot more to choose from by putting in Sugarhouse, Millcreek, Foothill Drive, University of Utah, etc. -all just different areas of Salt Lake City.
      Also, we did this last year and my husband, my son and I were all able to register our cards and receive a $25 credit each, even though we all share the same account.

• Jarrod L says:

I never miss out, an this year i recieved the 25 dollar gift card from amex/fedex to use on the 24th

• kate says:

I received my $25 card in the mail yesterday from your previous post. Thanks Collin!

• Lori Stevens says:

Is this separate from the $25 card sent through the mail? So we can do both offers?

• Sarah says:

It is, but the card you got in the mail doesn’t qualify for this. I just tried to register mine and it said it wasn’t valid for that card.

• Tracy H says:

Thank you for posting this. I signed up my card and one of the small businesses participating in my town is one of our favorite restaurants. Super excited to surprise my husband with dinner out next Saturday :)

• Michelle M says:

Me, too! Our favorite breakfast restaurant is participating, so we’ll get a free meal for our family (after the credit of course.)

• Megan says:

Last year our whole family went to breakfast that Saturday. I used my card for part of the tab and my Mom used her’s for another part so we saved $50 off breakfast for 10 of us. Such a great deal!

• Julie says:

I just signed up I did not win the giftcard so this was a nice surprise. Free gyro or Chinese food for us that day:) Thanks!

• sillyme says:

This is so exciting! Thanks Collin! We’ve been amex carholders for years and thanks to you this is the first year we’ve heard about this! This will help so much in our giving this year.

• Ann says:

I’ve done this 2 years with much success. Hubby & I both have cards so we both registered. We also both won the Fedex $25 cards; so in total we have $100 to spend!

• Mihaela says:

Thank you! I also got the FedEx card for $25, this is awesome

• Jarrod L says:

I signed up for the credit as well, it seems you can do both! I think I am going to call amex an check before I go shopping happy

• This is the third year that I have done this and I always shop at a wonderful local shop in my hometown. I get to save $25 and help a local merchant at the same time, it just doesn’t get much better than that!

• E says:

Is the offer per person or if you have many amex cards you can sign up and get credit on all of them?

• Sarah says:

This does not work on the $25 card many of us won. It says prepaid cards are not eligible.

• MyPretty96 says:

The $25 here is provided through a refund on your statement. Since those pre-paid cards don’t have statements and aren’t attached to an account, they can’t be refunded. So they don’t work. I hope that follows…

• Kelly says:

So I’m assuming this wouldn’t apply to the Serve card which is through Amex?

• Rosa says:

Collin thanks so much–This is my first year couponing through the Holidays. I have been with American Express for a long time and had never heard about this but thanks to you we can now buy Pizza for our family that day and support our favorite pizza place all in one fatal swoop. You are awesome!

• Brianna C. says:

I tried to register the FedEx gift card, didn’t work.

Question…are the FedEx gift cards available to use anywhere…or just small businesses also?

• Amanda says:

You can use them anywhere. None of the small businesses in my area take American Express, so last year I just spent $25 using my regular debit card and used the gift card to buy that week’s gas.

• Debbie says:

Thanks Collin. You are awsome. I’ve had an American Express card for about two years. I got it for all of the perks. I see two options of how I will use my $25. I looked up my zipcode and there is a bottle shop. I can purchase a few bottles of wine as Christmas gifts, a consignment shop for jewelry or a coat, or prepay for a Christmas bakery (for work or home) item at a local bakery.

• Tarri says:

The first year I did this I got my niece her Christmas present at a small shop in a town just over from me. I went there again last year and got some stuff to, but had a harder time finding what to buy. Hopefully this year they it will be easy again.

• Liz says:

This won’t work with the gift cards from FedEx since they are a set amount and it is a gift card:) It’s nice to be given money to support local businesses though, thanks Amex and Collin!

• Nicholle says:

love this!

• jen says:

For those of you in the salt lake valley, the stores at Gardener village are participating. This should make for a fun outing, letting the kiddos pick out a few gifts on our Amex cards :)

• Valerie says:

I do the Amex Promo each year. My husband, and 2 college sons and I all have separate cards. Last year, we supported a local restaurant, purchased our holiday wines and used it at a Ma&Pa Gas Station. 4 separate $25 was credited to our accounts 8 weeks later. It was so nice. Now I just registered everyone’s card again for Saturday. I too was blessed to receive one of the $25 gift cards that I won through this site. I immediately called and they said that I could basically use it anywhere until 2021. I do plan to use it at a Small Business, but now I know I can wait until the dust settles and use after the Holidays.

• MargieL says:

Can you tell me if your AMEX accounts are on the same statement? My husband and I have the same account but his card is 2 numbers off of mine. Will we get two credits on our one statement?

• bree says:

We did this last year and it was awesome. Doing this again and going to one of our favorite local sushi restaurants for dinner :)

• Rebecca says:

Thanks. Looking forward to trying this!

• Cindi B says:

I was just able to register my Costco Amex card (though I will need to use it at one of the participating small stores). Fortunately, we’ll be driving all day, so I foresee a free lunch on our road trip!

• Erica says:

We have done this the past two years and we love it! I’ve been looking forward to it for months! We have more than one card so we often will buy gift cards to some of our favorite local restaurants. This is especially beneficial if the restaurant is running a “buy $30 worth of gift cards for $25″ type of promotion (which a lot were last year after Thanksgiving). It made our $25 statement credits go even further! Happy shopping!

• Jaime says:

In my area, there are several wine and liquor stores participating. A great way to cut costs on holiday entertaining!

• Jane says:

I am confused – I was able to register but am confused to the qualifying businesses – I thought on the site it said only the ones that are on the “square” but there are many more that are not and come up on the small business directory. Please help! I live in a small town and there are not very many options:)

• Carissa R. says:

Does anyone know if you have a Costco AMEX, are you still eligible, or do they consider that “a corporate acct?”

• Patti says:

I’ve used my costco amex several years for this promo. I have had to call them though and ask where the $25 credit is, because it was not automatically applied. They were great and did give me the credit. .. . just stay on top of them!

• sue says:

I did this last year, but this year when I searched to find participating businesses it just lists all businesses in the area, including those that are large chains, places that have closed, and one place that I know doesn’t accept Amex. I may just go where I went last year and hope it still works there.

• Melissa says:

My Costco Amex worked last year, and I just registered again this year so you should be fine.

• Christine says:

interesting. one of the businesses that popped up was an outlet center (seattle premium). does that mean all purchases from the outlet store gets credit?

• Ann says:

My husband & I both did this last year with our cards. Since we are going out of town that morning for a college football game (GO BUCKEYES!!!), looks like we will both purchase $25 gift cards at the local bakery.

• Ashley says:

Thanks for the reminder! I registered my card, as well as my husband’s second account, which means free groceries from my local grocery store (plus I will use coupons of course!). As well as the Amx gift card I won, woohoo!

• frugalfemme says:

That brings up a question I had as I plan to go to a local grocery store as well. Do I need to spend the $25 AFTER coupons in order to receive the credit?

• Lisa K. says:

I got it and I am so happy because there is a nice Japanese Steakhouse restaurant we have been thinking of trying that qualifies and that $25 will make it affordable enough for us to take our kids – hooray!!! Thanks for the tip! :)

• cdawnt says:

Can it be used to buy gas if a Food Mart and a Shell are listed as a Small Business on Shop Small?

• cdawnt says:

One other question, on the other AmEx card I got for free, it expires 10/21. Can I use it ANYWHERE they accept AmEx?