Big Lots: LeapFrog Cook and Play Potsy & Birthday Cake Only $13 (Regularly Over $25!) + More

Advertised on page 4 of the Big Lots ad are a few different LeapFrog toys on sale for $13. One of the $13 toys pictured (the kiddos are playing with it in the picture above) is a Leapfrog Cook & Play Potsy. Well, this seems like one heck of a price considering this toy is going for over $30 on Amazon.com.

Also, another one of the LeapFrog toys they have advertised is the LeapFrog Counting Candles Birthday Cake for just $13. On Amazon.com this toy is priced at $27! Wow! What a great Christmas gift or purchase now and stash in your gift closet for a future birthday present etc.

You can also try to price match the $13 advertised price at Walmart or Target. But note that I’ve heard mixed reports about price matching Big Lots ads at these stores. It seems some readers have success doing this, while other readers do not. So you may want to call your local Walmart or Target ahead of time to see if they price match Big Lots ads.

(Thanks, Sarah!)

• Emily says:

I ordered the Potsy when my child was a year old (thanks to Collin and Hip2Save). She is 3 now and still plays with it on a regular. Goes great in her play kitchen. I highly recommend this.

• Amanda says:

My little girl has the birthday cake, and it’s actually really cute. Kids can actually blow out the candles, and that batteries have not worn out in almost a year of lots of playing, so that makes me happy! I also love the volume control. :)

• Cari says:

I was going to say the same things about the birthday cake! Its adorable! My son got it for his 1st birthday and he’s about to be 3 and still plays with it. He loves blowing out the candles!

• hologram87 says:

I was just going to write this same thing! We gave it to our daughter for her 1st birthday and she is almost 3 and still loves to play with it. She likes to have me help her blow out the candles.

• Kelly says:

My kids have both of these and they are two of their favorite toys. My kids are 3 and 1. I highly recommend both toys!

• Jessica says:

We have both too….. Love the birthday cake, one of our all time faves!

• amanda says:

does anyone know if a printed copy of the online ad is acceptable for price matching or do you have to have the original store ad in hand?

• Sarah says:

Picked up the pot at Big Lots! Thanks so much! My sons favorite thing to do is play with toy food. :)

• Cara says:

We live near Leap Frog and get to do toy testing there sometimes — they then give my daughter a toy:). So that’s where we got Potsy, and it is GREAT! We also have the birthday cake, and years later she still uses it a lot — like someone else said, you can really blow out the candles and also light up the right number (up to 5) for how old you are which my daughter loves.

• lauraS. says:

these are great toys!! my daughter has the pot and cake and loves them!

• Veronica says:

My big lots had neither of these. Guess I will try price matching at Walmart.

• Rita says:

Did you ask? I checked the toy area and they were not there they were close the the registers. Also I picked up a vsmile motion for $25 its half off. Not sure if it is better priced else where. Does anyone else know anything about this game system? Likes dislikes?

• Beth says:

I just got back from Target and Walmart and neither of my stores carried these items. You may want to call and check first.

• Kim says:

My daughters love these toys as well!

• Rita says:

I dont know if it was mentioned but I picked up the tag for 18.88 not bad since it’s going for 30 else where Im new to leapfrog items my kids are 2 and 9 months. I would appreciate any insight Is there other items there I would get bigger bang for my buck. I was able to get the leappad 1 for $40 the other day from kmart (thank you by the way, I had to go to the store to get the deal there was two left and I was going to grad two but someone was on the phone asking for it so I said they can have it….Im not to gready :) ) Any insight would help is the leap frog tag better then the pen or is that more for older kids?

• Laurie says:

The pen holds more stories/ has more memory. We actually got 2 cuz we have so many books, lol! Ad they still don’t all fit! So while the junior “knob” type reader is great for small hands dexterity-wise, I still went with the pens for the storage capacity. My kids love to push the buttons and hear the stories being read to them more than anything.

• Rita says:

Thanks….Do you mind me asking how old your kids are….Im assuming the pen also works with the tag junior books not just the versions for the older children or to I need the Knob for the tag junior and then upgrade to the pen later? Thanks again for the help.

• kenci says:

I got both of these for less then 5 bucks during the toy sale at K mart. The cake is awesome he got that for his birthday and the pot and pan he will get for Christmas.