JCPenney: Share the Deals You’ve Scored Using Coupons Won With Holiday Buttons

As I’ve mentioned previously, JCPenney is giving out Christmas buttons (pins) in stores with or without a purchase – just ask a cashier. One out of four score $5 or $10 off any purchase of that amount or higher. After you get a button, go to JCPenney.com and click on the button post to the right side and enter the 7-digit code on the back of the button. You can enter 2 codes per e-mail address per day.

I’ve been getting many emails from readers regarding the bargains they’ve been able to snag with the Christmas Button coupons. Reader Gray let me know of a few items she spotted that would be free or super cheap after the coupons, including a Disney Jake & the Neverland Pirates plush toy on clearance for $5, a sword for $10, an $11 shower curtain, an $8 Lalaloopsy giant coloring/decorating pad, a $10 Lalaloopsy littles doll, and $11 kids pajamas.

And, check out the email I got from reader Marsha…

I went to my computer and typed in my codes, and BOTH of mine were winners – so I got TWO $10 off a $10 purchase coupons! These will really help out with Christmas shopping!

Now it’s your turn! I’d love to hear about the bargains and freebies you’ve been able to score using coupons you’ve won. Share in the comments below!

(Thanks for the reminder, Anna and Gray!)

• melanie says:

I’ve noticed fewer winning buttons in the last few days. I cannot complain. I have over $200 in certificates/gift cards. Still one of the best promotion. I like the new JCP.

• Scott says:

So far since Thanksgiving my wife and i have gotten close to 900 dollars in gift certs,ranging from a few $25 and many 10s and almost as many 5s. some stores let you combine, others dont so check around your area

• Susan says:

I won a 10 off 10 today. That was after about 6 no winners.

• Erin says:

My son was so excited to win a $10 certificate, but we never received it. Checked spam, searched my email, just didn’t get it and it is well over 48 hours after winning it. I emailed about it but no word yet. :( I’ve been postponing my trip to the mall waiting for it.

• Tarri says:

I redeemed 8 buttons so far, received one $5 and have a $10 coming. I have 3 more buttons to enter.

• Tarri says:

One of my last three, I won another $10 gift certificate. I was like not even going to do this button thing but it has been well worth it and fun. Going to go tomorrow with my two $10 to get some deals and maybe more buttons if they have any.

• Carrie says:

These coupons have been great for stocking stuffers!

I used a $5 coupon to buy: Kitchen Aid Bottle Opener (originally $10 on clearance for $4) + Small Gift Bag with matching tissue paper (originally $2 on clearance for $1)= $0 OOP

I used a $10 coupon to buy: Liz Claiborne cardigan ($20) = $10 OOP

I used a $5 coupon to buy: IZOD Flannel Pants (originally $14 on clearance for $6)= $1 OOP

• Alisha says:

My mom just went by JCP on the way home and picked up 6 buttons. One said it had already been redeemed and the other 5 said sorry this button is not a winner……Not very impressed!

• Karin says:

I won a $10 certificate :) Hopefully I receive it, so I can pick up another gift.

• kiya says:

Hi there,
    any one willing to trade $ 10 or even $5 jcp certificates for $ 20 sun glass hut ?

• dar says:

I have tried to enter my codes at least 10 times, different days, but I keep getting error messages. So I got nothing!

• chknonu2002@yahoo.com says:

i have been winning and winning on my buttons ..i have won about $900.00 on certificates..I do have to say though that i miss my mikey mouse snowglobe i have been collecting them since they started …

• Eve says:

Tomorrow, Dec 24th, is the last day to enter any codes that you may have left. We’ve won some $10 and many $5 coupons, got some duds(buttons w/ error messages when entered) and a few that say-sorry ths code has already been used. Overall, we have been able to supplement our gift giving or just save on things we needed to get. Underwear and tshirts for next to nothing make me VERY happy. Have a great rest of the year to EVERYONE. Thank you Collin for the time you take to share deals.

• julie owens says:

i try and enter my code and this is all i get. …..Sorry. Looks like something went wrong. Please check your 7-digit code and try again. anyone elce having this problem? know why?

• N says:

Happened to me on Saturday w2 buttons. I emailed them w/ the email they give for problems and by Sunday they sent me 2 new codes but they were losers. Lol

• Michelle says:

My mom had got 2 buttons last week and we won a $5 and $10 certificate. My dad went today and the girls handed him handfuls of buttons, we ended up getting another $105 in certificates. He said he is going tomorrow to get even more.

• Tilla Ham says:

well don’t send him to get more tomorrow Michelle, today is the last day to hand them out and tonight is the last night to enter them.

• shawna clark says:

Does anyone want trade 10.00 for a kohls cash

• Cindy says:

Thoughout this promotion, I won twelve $5 holiday certificates and three $10 holiday certificates, plus one $25 e-gift card!! I was able to do all my Christmas shopping and spend almost no cash!! Since I am unemployed at this time, this promotion was a lifesaver for me. Plus, since I was shopping with family and friends, they did lots of their shopping at Penneys as well. Hope the added shopping dollars by others will help to keep JCPenneys afloat for the long term!!

• tracy says:

i would like to get a coupon to but i cant find where i enter my code

• Yoko says:

12/24 was last day to enter the codes from the buttons, and 12/31 is the last day to use holiday certificates (coupons) that you may have won from the button promo.

• Artemis D. says:

Anyone have any gift certs they’re not going to use? they expire tomorrow. If you’re not going to use them, I sure could! The economy has been really hard on my family. Please send me a personal message artemis520 at hotmail dot com. Happy New Year everyone!