Target: Rare $5 Off $30 Grocery Purchase Coupon

Wow! Target is once again offering up a pretty *HOT* coupon! Just hurry on over to the Target Coupon Site to locate and print a very rare $5 Off a Grocery Purchase of $30 or more coupon, valid through 12/24! To find this coupon, just click on the “Grocery” category to the left, then look at the top and click on “Expiring Soon”, then scroll down and you should spot it. To use this coupon, just spend at least $30 before tax (and before manufacturer’s coupons), then hand over the $5 off $30 Target store coupon first.

Stay tuned for the Target weekly deals this evening, as this new Target coupon with the upcoming deals should make for some great buys on groceries!

(Thanks, Totally Target, Couponaholic, & Amy!)

• a says:

thanks for the great coupon info! does anyone know if “grocery” includes cat food?

• Stacy says:

Thank you Collin! You have been such a money saver for me this year!

• Andrea says:

Can you use them at publix?

• janel says:

Did anyone else have trouble with the get a 10 dollar gift card when you spend 50 dollars?

my mom had 1 and the lady was getting her a lot of grief… she even called the manager and told her she wasn’t allowed to have her total go below 50 dollars after coupons…. but I read on here that everybody else was doing that.

I’m just curious if anyone else had trouble.

• Mindy says:

That’s too bad she had problems. I used two coupons last night. I gave them the coupon first, when my total was above $50 and they gave me the gift card, then I gave them the rest of my coupons. I paid about $30 after coupons for each transaction and got the gift cards.

• Janel says:

yeah she did give them the gift card one first but when the total went below (and it was only 1 dollar below!) the manager came over and told her no.

• Sherry J says:

My total was below $50 after coupons BUT I gave them the $10 gc coupon first & after they gave me the gc I used my other coupons…the cashier didn’t mind

• LisaR says:

No, BUT you had to give then $10 coupon First my total was like $102, I gave them the 2- $10 coupons then then coupons and I recieved 2-$10 GC & a $5 GC for glade deal!! But I did have to go to CS and TRY to get my $2.00 back in cat treat coupons that did not deduct!! I HATE the way their receipts print out/ break down!! Needless to say she would NOT give me the $2 back and we sat their and did the math for 45 minutes!! Had the security gaurd eyeballing me!! haahaa!! Put a call into CORP!!

• Janel says:

yeah we did that but the targets around here have gone crazy or something.

She gave them the gift card one first but then when my moms total went about 1 dolar below 50 they refused to honor it anymore and my mom just ended up leaving without making her purchase because she was frustrated and embaressed ( long lines of people behind her who never seem very happy when there is a coupon problem)

• Steph says:

I am SOOOO tired of hearing about this particular problem at stores! Why is this issue so difficult for stores to explain to their employees?!! Store coupons are, for the sake of clarity, DISCOUNTS. Manufacturer coupons are NOT discounts; they are LEGAL TENDER, like cash. When using these types of store coupons (DISCOUNTS), one only needs to reach the specified amount (in this case, $30) after any other store coupons or store discounts…nothing else! At that point, the additional store coupon (DISCOUNT) is applied (in this case, $5). Then and only AFTER that does one make some form of payment, and since manufacturer coupons are recognized as LEGAL TENDER, they are an acceptable form of payment (EVEN IF THEY WIND UP BRINGING ONE’S TOTAL DOWN TO ZERO!)

• Jamie says:

i HAD TROUBLE YESTERDAY AND i TOLD THE LADY THAT SHE DID SOMETHING WRONG B i HAD NO PROBLEM LAST YEAR. SHE TOOK ALL MY COUPONS OUT EXCEPT THE GC ONE AND SCANNED THE GC THEN DEDUCTED THE COUPONS.

• Jamie says:

whoops…didn’t realize CAPS was on lol

• Molly says:

I did 2 transactions yesterday, and they both worked perfectly. I had food and razors and a Gift card, I noticed that on my second transaction the cashier scanned one of the coupons first, but I told him that he needed to scan the $10 GC coupon first if not I would not be able to use it and he voided the first coupon and scanned the GC first.

• Pris says:

I was able to use this at Bi-Lo. They don’t have Target gift cards, but they gave me a Bi-Lo gift card instead. They used the coupon on the total before coupons used.

• Kim says:

I can’t seem to locate the coupon. Is it under grocery coupons?

• Ariel says:

I can’t find it either….

• Renee says:

I had the catalina machine print $5/$25 frozen foods last time I was at Target so looks like some free food!!

• Shelley says:

Thank you ! It worked fine for me.

• Rebecca says:

Awesome coupon! Thanks!

• Angela says:

I cannot find it…

• Danielle says:

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about price matching items at Target (from Nov 1st – Dec 24th). If you price match any of your items according to their holiday price matching policy than you can’t use any manufacturer or Target coupons on those price matched items and they will not issue a gift card. I spent about an hour arguing with the Target manager and their customer service department over the phone yesterday. This was really a complete waste of time for me. The manager told me that even if I price matched one item (including food items) that they will not issue a gift card for that purchase because it’s against their policy. So much for trying to save a couple dollars on food items. I would have been better off going to Walmart and pricing matching my items and then I would have been able to use my manufactures coupons as well. Just want to save everyone my headache yesterday if you are planning on trying to use the gift card coupon.

• Shayla says:

Unfortunately, I ran into this prior to me getting to the register. I was told that if I have a store coupon on an item and I’m price matching, they will only price match after they deduct the store coupon (so in this case, may not always be the best deal). I was frustrated and swore off their price match policy along time ago. Wish Meijer would still price match…now they were true CS when they did =)

• Jen says:

Thanks so much! I have bought most of our Christmas food but needed a few more items! This will cover it! Awesome!

• Mary says:

I had a $5 off of $25 Target catalina coupon I redeemed this week. I was very careful to count all my food and make sure I had well over $25 when I used the coupon but it wouldn’t approve through the scanner. Luckily the manager came over and overrode it and gave me the $5. If anyone has trouble getting it to work make sure to have a manager come over.

• Molly says:

Thank you Collin! I noticed that Target prices are very similar to Walmart, so I have been using the $10 GC coupons to buy my food there, plus I find SQ to use with MQ and that makes it better than other stores.

• Molly says:

I don’t know what is wrong with the website, I just printed coupons yesterday and now I get a message that I need to install the coupon activator. It has been doing that for a couple months now, I have a ton of files for the same coupon printer.

• Edie says:

:( Wish my Target sold produce, otherwise I don’t think I can make $35 worth of groceries before coupons at Target. Oh well, yay for Target grocery shoppers. :)

• Connie says:

Will Walmart take it?

• Mary says:

Thank you Hip2save!

• windraloo says:

Wondering if Meijers will take that coupon…Hmmm

• Carol_R says:

Thanks Collin!

• Karen says:

I think it’s gone now….I couldn’t find it anywhere.

• Micki says:

Hi Karen, I just printed so it’s still there. It was on page 4 under groceries for me.

• Carrie says:

I was able to find it as well, this morning. Just followed her instructions, b/c it wasn’t there under the grocery tab for me until I hit “expiring soon”. Sneaky Sneaky Target ;)

• irene says:

Not sure what Target considers groceries. In the Target grocery coupon category, they had Ziploc and cat litter. Maybe it’s whatever would be sold in a grocery store?