This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Thursday, December 20th, 2012 at 3:14 pm.
Hip2Save This Holiday Guest Post submitted by reader Mara
This year, we are sending care packages as gifts to family and friends filled with things we have purchased with coupons that were either free or really cheap! We went to our local craft store and bought cute boxes with Christmas designs to fill up.
What You’ll Need:
*Purchase (or ask friends and family) gift boxes that are fairly large.
*Get tissue paper, scissors, tape, ribbon, and gift wrap.
*Gather all the items that you plan on putting in the boxes.
What to Do:
1. Place tissue paper in the bottom of the gift box to make the box look more full.
2. Start by putting bigger items in the back (full size shampoo, trash bags, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.)
3. Then fill in the second row with items that are of medium height (medicine, playing cards, etc.)
4. Display the smallest things on the front row (chapstick, trial/travel size items, etc.)
5. After you have everything inside, put gift wrap around the whole box.
6. Bunch it at the top and tape it. To add color, tie ribbon around the bunch.
7. Add a holiday card (optional)
*This is a great way to make use of all the free samples that we hear about from Hip2Save!