I am feeling a bit under the weather today. OK, a lot under the weather today. I have a sore throat, watery eyes, congestion… yes, wonderful symptoms. So I am planning to take it easy this weekend and get some much-needed rest.
If you also have these symptoms or have someone in your household with similar symptoms, you should try out this comforting tea recipe. And the best part, it’s easy to make and only requires a couple of ingredients. It also seems to really help if you are dealing with a sore throat.
Comforting & Easy Ginger Tea Recipe:
* Grate 2 teaspoons of ginger
* Boil 2 cups of water
* Put the grated ginger into the boiling water
* Let steep for 10 minutes or so
* Strain water and ginger mixture into a large mug (use a fine mesh strainer if you have one)
* Add fresh lemon juice and honey (or another sweetener of your choice)
Note that this ginger tea is very strong and may burn a little when swallowed. I actually don’t mind the strong taste. However, if you do, you can always use less ginger or add more water and adjust as needed.