Best Buy Reward Zone Members: Earn 25 More FREE Points (Via the Facebook App)

If you’re a Best Buy Reward Zone program member (it’s free to sign up!), you can currently score yet another 25 FREE Reward Zone points! Just head to the Best Buy Reward Zone Facebook App by signing in or registering for an account, then click on the “User Poll” tab and scroll down to take the new Poll. After taking the poll, a pop up should come up stating that you just earned 25 points! And keep in mind that you only need 250 points to score a $5 Rewards Certificate!

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have had issues earning points or having points taken away from your account, make sure to email or call customer service. From reading the comments on yesterday’s post, it sounds like many of you are having problems… but it also sounds like customer service is being very helpful in getting these issues taken care of.

(Thanks, Free Stuff Times!)

• Bianca says:

Did anyone else have points that expired yesterday due to “annual point expiration”?

• rebeccajland says:

Yes :( That is balogna!

• Tina says:

This is what happens when people don’t read the fine print. It only happens every year.

• rebeccajland says:

I did read the fine print but do not feel that is an effective way to run a rewards program. I only lost 19 points so I am really not concerned about it.

• Tricia says:

This is not all just from the annual expiration there is a glitch going on right now. I had my 75 points taken from the expiration which is fine but since then I’ve had all the points taken away and every day I go in it is back at 0….something is going on on their end.

• Sue B. says:

Tricia just your “view points” section on your best buy rewards account. You are probable accruing points, however, because of the annual “purge” they will not actual post or add to your account til after the 23rd of Feb. That was per best buy. I have earned 100 points thus far that are in my account but not adding into my account – should appear by 23rd.

• Leigh says:

Its not just a case of not reading the fine print. They had a glitch that deleted points that weren’t supposed to expire. SInce all my points were earned on Facebook, I was going to let it go, but I decided to call in and ask about it. I’m sure glad I did. They apologized and gave me extra points, I went from 0 to 600 today!

• Brianna says:

Here’s my question…why would they even bother starting a promotion during a time when they take away points?

• Emily says:

They were supposed to take away points in Feb that were earned in 2012. They take them away in Feb b/c points you earn in the store take more than 30 days to post to your account b/c you could always return the items. So they allow those to post and count toward a reward before they reset you back to zero. They told me that there was a glitch and people lost all points on Feb 6th, not just points earned through Dec 31. They are working on getting that fixed and crediting all of our accounts with the points they accidentally took away. I shop a lot in the store and I took the surveys. They took 249 points away from me!! I was 1 point away from an award! They said I should have only lost 95 b/c that’s what I had in my acct on Dec 31. I should get the difference back once they fix the computer issue. If they’re not in my account by the end of next week, I’ll send them another e-mail.

• Christy Anderson says:

I’ve taken the polls on the app and my points aren’t being credited! Anyone else having this problem??

• swati garg says:

best buy important update!!

all of the reward zone members are currently facing problems with the forfeit of their points.. The thing is that starting February they forfeit the points from previous year but they have a glitch in their system due to which points we earned in 2013 are also forfeited so the points which you have earned starting January 1st will be returned to you once their system’s are updated probably starting February mid to February end!! Some people say they talked to customer care and got their points returned plus extra bonus but that’s not the case for every person so if you want you can give it a try or otherwise just wait until Feb end! So you need not contact them again and again about it! Thanks :)

• Lanette says:

I called and the guy told me he put 500 pts on my account. I had already printed 2 $5.oo certificates from my previous pts. I should have had 125 pts. left (those were taken away for the February Forfeit. The guy I spoke to put the 125 back plus the 500, so 675pts. I have right now. I went to print my $10.00 in certificates and the certificates had the same certificate number, same expiration date and same upc number at the bottom of the page as my first 2 certificates I already printed. I will have to call again tomorrow

• Kristie says:

Mine points show zero too even though when I go to point activity it should be 75 (before the Feb expiration disaster). I’ll wait it out and see If they all come back.

• I noticed the glitch too and remembered that the expiration event was happening soon. SO I cashed out on my certificates NOW.

• kim says:

This is posted on their web site…
    Why are my recent transactions not showing up yet?
    Between 2/3 and 2/23, new transactions will take longer to appear in your account. This is part of year-end account and system maintenance. During this time, you may still issue certificates if you have enough points available. No new transactions and/or points will be reflected in your account until after 2/23.

• Adrienne B. says:

I can’t even sign in anymore. Anyone having that problem?

• Leanne says:

Wow – I’m not having any problems with my account. I’ve been taking the polls and they’ve been adding fine, in fact just printed a certificate from those points. I’m a silver member, am not sure if that makes a difference?

• Brittany says: