This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 at 10:58 am.
As you may remember, I posted about CouponTrade several times during the holiday season as a great place to snatch up discounted gift cards for restaurants, retail stores and more (perfect to help you save even more at the register since you can combine store coupons, sales and cash back sites with these discounted gift cards)! Well, earlier this month, CouponTrade launched Raise.com. Although very similar to CouponTrade, Raise.com offers a new, improved, and larger inventory, better discounts and a much easier navigation system. Plus, there is a live chat option right on the site for immediate customer support.
Even sweeter, new and existing customers can snag $5 off of a $50 purchase with the promo code RAISE5 at checkout (this code is valid through the end of February). Note that there are no fees to buy these gift cards (they don’t charge sales tax, shipping costs or processing fees!). Physical gift cards will be mailed through USPS (and arrive between 3-14 days) and E-gift cards become available in your Raise.com account within 1-2 business days. As an example, I purchased a $100 Starbucks eGift Card this morning for just $73 after the code RAISE5. This is an awesome deal for those of us who go to Starbucks regularly! And don’t forget that you can use coupons in conjunction with gift cards (like this 50% off Starbucks Dessert coupon) to save even more! Love that!
In addition to buying discounted gift cards, you can head over to Raise.com to sell unused gift cards for cash (a great way to earn some extra spending money!).
(To read more about earning money by selling your unused gift cards on Raise.com, click the link below “Read More / Post Your Comments”.)
Here’s what you need to do to get started:
* Gather up all your un-used and unwanted gift cards
* Head over here and create a Raise.com account
* Visit the Sell Gift Cards page.
* Enter the required info (Gift Card Retailer, Serial Number, PIN Number etc.). Keep in mind that all gift card serial numbers and pins are kept private at all times. You’ll also need to note the gift card balance and your selling price (depending on the brand, gift cards sell the fastest when discounted 3% to 30%). You can always choose to adjust the price if your card is not selling.
* For each gift card sale, Raise.com does take a flat 10% commission of the gift card sale price. They also charge an extra $1.75 per physical gift card sale and $0.99 for each electronic (e-gift card) sale. You are only charged a fee when your gift card sells; if your gift card does not sell, you will not be charged.
* If you are selling a physical gift card, Raise.com covers all shipping fees and provides prepaid shipping labels for letters and parcels (they just ask that you ship your gift card letters and parcels within 3 business days).
* You can select to be paid by Check Payments or PayPal.
Special Note: Raise.com verifies every seller and approves each sale on their site. You can verify your account through the seller verification tab on the My Account page or when you list your gift card. There is a $1 pre-authorization credit card charge for validating each account. All authorizations will be reimbursed between 24-72 hours