Just a Reminder…
Tax Day, April 15th, 2013, will be here in only 54 days! So here’s a round up of a few tax filing options and FREE software programs that you may want to take advantage of. Also feel free to share any tips that you may have learned throughout the years!
* Head on over here where you can file completely FREE with H&R Block At Home that also now includes FREE live tax advice. It is FREE to prepare, FREE to print, FREE to e-file, includes FREE live tax advice, FREE audit support, representation from an enrolled agent, and 100% Accuracy Guarantee and Maximum Refund Guarantee. Plus 1 FREE federal e-file is included. And, they have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau!
* Head over here to sign up for a FREE Federal edition of Turbo Tax (you’ll be able to prepare, print and electronically file your federal tax return for free). Plus, they’re rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau! If you need a more customizable version, consider purchasing TurboTax Deluxe Federal + E-File + State 2012 from Amazon.com for only $44 + Free Shipping.
* Head over here to sign up for a FREE Federal edition of TaxACT (you’ll be able to prepare, print and electronically file your federal tax return for free). Plus, they’re rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau!
* Or consider using FreeTaxUSA.com (Rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau!) to e-file directly to the IRS completely FREE. This site has also been highly recommended by Hip2Save readers in the past!
* You may also consider using e-Smart Tax by Liberty Tax to e-file completely free. E-Smart Tax technology ensures you get your highest possible refund as well as simple step-by-step Q&A preparation, Zero hidden fees, Online or in-person help with more than 4000 Liberty Tax offices open year round and more!
More Tax-Filing Tips:
* Head over to IRS.gov to file your federal taxes for free
* Check the daily deal sites… Groupon has offered up significantly reduced vouchers for online tax preparation products in the past and will likely have similar offers over the next few months.
* Check with your local college. One reader reported that the accounting students at her local college will do her tax returns for free and they are then reviewed by the professor to ensure that they are correct.
* AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free help for older taxpayers and people with limited incomes. Find an AARP Foundation Tax-Aide site in your community by clicking here.
* If you are in the military, check out Military One Source for more information about different resources that are available.