Caribou Coffee: Possible 50%-75% Off All Merchandise (Select Locations Only)

Heads up! Hip2Save reader, Birgitte, sent me an email letting me know that Caribou Coffee is either closing or selling many of their Midwest locations on April 14th. As such, the closing stores currently have a lot of merchandise priced at 50% off and will mark it down to 75% off on Friday. Close-out merchandise includes Coffee Beans, Tumblers, and much more!

Keep in mind that I called a few different stores and one told me they were almost out of everything already and the other told me they still had a lot left, including unopened boxes of inventory in the back. So be sure to call ahead to see if your local Caribou Coffee is offering this sale before you make a special trip.

You can also read the article here for more information.

(Thanks, Birgitte!)

• Stacie says:

I called our local Caribou & he said that 5 people had called in the last 5 minutes and that only a few stores are closing…not a mass shut down of Caribou’s or anything. Phew! I couldn’t live without an occasional caramel cooler :)

• Melissa says:

Darn it – I just drove by there! Do they sell K-cups in their stores?

• Betsy says:

Caribou is not closing/selling most of their Midwest locations. They are just closing 80 under-performing stores. They have over 500 stores and a significant number of them are in the Midwest.

• Julian Faux says:

Betsy, you may want to re-read an article about the closing of 80 stores and selling another 88 to Peet’s Coffee and Tea. Just saying. Thanks, Collin for the heads-up on this deal! :)

“Caribou Coffee will close 80 under-perfroming stores and rebrand another 88 Caribou outlets to Peet’s Coffee & Tea, just five months after the Brooklyn Center-based [Minnesota] company was purchased by a German company for $340 million.

In a statement Monday, Caribou didn’t name which stores it would be closing on April 14, though at least two are in the Twin Cities, its largest market. Caribou will remain a chain of 468 outlets in Minnesota, the Dakotas, western Wisconsin, Iowa, Kansas, North Carolina and Denver.

Caribou coffee houses in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Maryland, Georgia and eastern Wisconsin will be converted to Peet’s.”…

• KittyK says:

None closing in the Kansas City area.

• Kris says:

All Caribou’s are shutting down in my state!!! I’m looking forward to getting the coffee at a deep discount!

• Birgitte says:

All the shops in Illinois, my state, are shutting down. I’m very sad as I really like Caribou Coffee and prefer them over Peet’s!

• Jennifer says:

Thanks for the heads up.

• Kris says:

I always experienced beyond rude employees at Caribou. I even went back later after several months after getting snapped at to see if things changed. They didn’t. One time, they made me the wrong drink, and they were going to trash the bad one. I asked, can I have it since you are throwing it out? The employee snapped “NO, unless you pay full price. It goes in the garbage.” Needless to say, that location closed a couple years ago due to “poor performance.” Then anther incident, I forgot to ask for whip cream after my drink was made and the employee snapped “IT’S EXTRA!” I’ve written the company in the past on what they need to do in regards to customer service. Needless to say, no matter how good your coffee tastes, it all comes down to how you treat the customer.