Birthday Cheesecake & Emails Lost In Space

As I mentioned yesterday, my hubby celebrated his birthday today. My high was taking him out to breakfast (just the 2 of us!) and getting a chance to relax and enjoy our time together. I also really enjoyed celebrating his big day with some yummy cheesecake – any excuse to have a sweet treat! :D

And my low… well, this afternoon, I discovered that my contact form on Hip2Save.com has not been working properly for the last few days. Although the contact form was allowing submissions, none of the submissions were actually reaching my inbox and so they were all essentially lost in space. I am so sorry about this. I truly value all of the emails that readers take the time to send. I am thankful, though, as my web guys were able to get the issue resolved this evening.

Every Monday-Thursday, I share my high(s) and low(s) for the day and I encourage you to do the same in the comment section below. My high(s) will simply be the best or most exciting thing that happened to me today and my low(s) will be something not so great that took place.

• Casey says:

Happy birthday!

Low would be not getting all the laundry done. Then again, is it ever all done?!

High would be attending the Little Gym class with my daughter tonight! Love my littles.

• CJ says:

Happy Birthday to Mr. Hip!

Peak: Once weekly dinner with my grown daughters
    Pit: A warning light coming on in my car.

• A Happy blessed Birthday to your hubby.

• Jen says:

High: Hubby’s birthday is today as well as your hubby’s.
    Low: More snow. It is April, right? ;)

• Rebecca B. says:

High- Getting 3-4 pages of paper done tonight.
    Low- Not getting to go to Zumba tonight because I’ve been working on the paper. It’s so dull, it’s putting me to sleep.

• lisa says:

high: got along with my 17 year old :)
    low: frustrated with a family member expecting, not asking us to help them move:( they live 1 1/2 hours away and it will entail hours of stairs:(

• Ashley says:

Happy Bday Mr. Hip! Note to self- request cheesecake next birthday! Yum!

High- a trip to Michaels with 2 well behaved kiddos. Bought supplies for some kid crafts and 3 year old daughter loved doing the projects.

Low- the boy (he’s 1) decided to take a very short nap and whine and cry the rest of the day. My day was pretty good though, considering that’s my low :)

• rebecca S. says:

High: Surviving the day with my sanity.

Low: Not achieving any cleaning, hubby thinking that yet something else is wrong with my car, and being coped up in a small apartment with an active 2 year old who can’t play outside due to rainy mess.

• sandra says:

Low, just not feeling well, not getting anything done. High, bought a pretty hanging flowerpot to cheer myself up.

• angie says:

My birthday is today, as well :)

• Laura says:

High- my baby girl rolled for the first time today!
    Low- I can’t think of anything

• C says:

My high…buying a really cute dress for less than $5
    My low..having to pay for a Rx that I thought was covered under my insurance.

• Heather C. says:

Happy Birthday Mr. Hip! (Who kiiiiiinda looks like Tom Cruise in this pic! ;) )

High- Playing tickle monster with my girls before they went to bed.

Low- Drove through a nasty thunderstorm on the way home from coaching softball practice today.

• Rachelle says:

high: bright sunshine and 3 healthy kids able to walk with me and enjoy it (and being able to carry my 1 year old on my back!)
    low: my 1 year old’s doctor appointment today. He got 4 vaccines.. even though they are “routine”, it seems like a lot for a little guy to handle. :(

• Rose says:

High: Getting to take a long ride on my horse Charlie. (I have not been able to ride him for about a month. We discovered he is tender footed without horse shoes. He now has boots that I slip on before riding. He seems to like them and no more limping problem.). Low: realizing what I put off today needs to be done tomorrow before I go to work.

• Ketsy says:

High: Hubby watched the kids while I went swimming with my six year old. Beautiful weather here in Florida!
    Low: None, unless hubby’s snoring right now counts… lol

• . says:

this is my first time responding to the high/low…what an awesome idea!

my low is last week i ran into someone from my past that had added fear and stress to my life. i havent seen this person in nearly 10 years and the shock has sort of made me stay in the house, leaving only for necessary errands this week out of fear…

this ties into my high for today – i decided to force myself out and go for a walk with my camera . it was perfect timing and i ran into an amazing photo op that i am super stoked about. i needed something positive, so i am feeling a lot better now!

thanks for this collin…and all of you participating!

• Anabel says:

Please wish Mr. Hip a very Happy Birthday!

• Paula says:

Happy 33rd birthday to Mr Hip! I will be turning 33 next month too! Yay!

• Alea says:

High: All the hugs & kisses from my two boys!

Low: Going to be so late….again. :/

• Tanya says:

Low, losing the opal out of my ring I got in Australia.
    High, having someone take the time to ask about my cause ribbon tattoo and getting to talk about my Grandma’s almost 30 year fight with the syndrome.

• VictoriaBF says:

Happy Birthday to your husband! Cheesecake is my favorite treat as well. Thanks for sharing! :)

• Tracy says:

High: Watching my puppy and unborn child get into a pushing/kicking war. Don’t worry its only 6lbs, so they was no way he could hurt the baby. It made my afternoon watching them kick back and forth. Our puppy didn’t know what to think about it.

Low: My town is flooded. :(

• rosie says:

High: spending quality time with parents :)
    Low: realizing I’ve got a lot to accomplish before 10 am tomorrow morning for school :(

• Anonymous says:

My low yesterday was being invited to a graduation party for my brother and sister. It’s a hard relationship and while I’m super proud of them, it’s hard for me because I’ve been completely alone and had to do everything myself without the support system they have. I didn’t live with my dad growing up and he’s been pretty much absent from my life. We’re working on it but this was just too much for me and I lost it. (My mom left in the middle of one of my college graduation ceremony’s.)

My high was getting a call about a resume that I sent earlier that morning and scheduling an interview today. I’ve worked really hard to get where I’m at so a new opportunity is really exciting!

• Beth Pafford says:

High was seeing the smiles on my students as we talked about our homes yesterday. The low was the migraine i was suffering from while seeing those smiles.

• Lana says:

I feel old! Your husband is the same age now as our oldest son!

High-finding a good mechanic. We have been in limbo since our old one closed up shop and retired.

Low-I can’t ever think of one. I always try to see the good in every day and I guess it works!

• Nancy says:

Happy Birthday! That’ s nice to spend time together I am almost the same age I am 33 will be 34 this year .

• jhnicole says:

My high printing coupons from coupons.com in my supermarket for free.My low was forgetting to take meat out for dinner.Love the pic Happy birthday to your hubby.

• Happy Birthday to your Hubby! :)

• laura says:

Low- I didn’t have orchestra rehearsal at church. I love orchestra rehearsal, so it was sad that it was cancelled.
    High- My 8 year old daughter packed my lunch for me :)

• Janice says:

Happy Birthday to Mr. Hip2Save – he has kind eyes and looks happy!!!
    Anyways – joy to you and your family. My high – finishing a week of teaching an early morning class to teens :). Also high – finishing my taxes this week :)
    Thanks

• Mar says:

My low yesterday was arguing with my hubby; I don’t know why it was dumb; and I was PMS’ing! My high was going to church with my kids and eating with them and just laughing~! My highest that night was watching my husband come home and give me a big hug and tell my “its OK I still love you!” Followed by a walk together around the neighborhood!

• Mar says:

Collin happy B-Day to your husband! I can tell he is still in the military by the t-shirt! My husband still wears his and his been out 5 yrs. Thanks for the great service he provides us!

• Melissa says:

My low: currently my life. After two years of searching I finally got a job as a pre school teacher. Hurt my back really bad and was forced to quit my job after just 6 months. Now I’m jobless, with a bad back that needs surgery (spinal fusion), don’t have insurance, don’t have money, and found out from my annual papsmear I have cervical cancer (I’m only 25)…can’t pay my bills.

My HIGH: My cat, who is like a child to me and she is my best friend, and my boyfriend of 2 and a half years. Without either of them I wouldn’t be getting out of bed every day. Also, if it wasn’t for couponing I wouldn’t have a great stockpile to live off of.

• Diane Hart says:

Happy Birthday!!

My high: Talking to my grandma after finding out that she is in REMISSION from lung and brain cancer! Praise the Lord!

My Low: Losing my patience with my three month old lab puppy. He is pretty wild!

• Heather says:

Happy Birthday to your husband!

My High: My niece was born today!! Happy and Healthy!!! Annnnd mom doing good too! :)

My Low: Nothing really, we had nasty weather today but if thats the worst thing that happened today my day was pretty good!

• Zosia says:

Happy Birthday to Mr Hip!

Its amazing that i remember last year you guys celebrated with free pizza :)))

• jennifer says:

High: I sent bottles of bubbles and a bubble machine to the babysitter with my 4 year old daughter today so even though I am not there to see her I can think about how much fun she is having!
    Low: A man who lives near me sent the president and 2 other public represenatives a letter with ricin in it! Also, someone shot an elephant from Ringling Bros. Circus in my hometown. My low is people that make my state look bad and the people that do these terrrible things all over the world. Let us pray.

• Michele says:

HIgh, – my husband worked all day on the duck enclosure, and he is almost finished and I can get them out of my kitchen
    Low- He was home because his car had problems, and it cost 1600 to get it fixed ;(

• Heather C. says:

Awwwww, I LOVE ducks! I used to have some, and would love to set up an enclosure and get some more.

And duck eggs are the best, soooo yummy!
      Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

• Heather says:

4/18 High – I took the morning off of work so that me & my 4 year old daughter could go to my 10 year old son’s award ceremony at school. He has to try really hard to make good grades, and it’s been a struggle.. but I’m proud to say that he made Principals list! He was only 1 point away from all A’s. He also met his reading goal. :)

Low – In the car on the way back to work, I got a little emotional. My son is at the age where mom’s officially not cool (that’d be me…). His dad passed away 3 years ago.. and I can always see it on his face at things like award ceremonies, sports events, etc.. that he really wishes his Dad was there like some others have their dads. It kind of struck me hard today. There’s nothing I can do to fix that feeling for him. Because he’s at the “mom’s not cool” age, I know it doesn’t make it feel any better for him that I was there. ::sighs:: c’est la vie?

• Ariana says:

Happy Birthday to your husband Collin! : )

• Jannette raymond says: