DiGiorno & California Pizza Kitchen Recalls…

Since there have been a ton of DiGiorno coupons available lately, I want to give you all a heads up that Nestlé USA announced a voluntary recall of specific production codes of 2 different DiGiorno pizza products and 2 different California Pizza Kitchen products. The reason for the recall is that the pizzas may contain fragments of clear plastic.

The following pizzas are included in the recall:

DiGiorno Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken (UPC 71921 02663)
DiGiorno Pizzeria! Bianca/White Pizza (UPC 71921 91484)
California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) Crispy Thin Crust White (UPC 71921 98745)
California Pizza Kitchen® Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce (UPC 71921 00781)

If you happen to have any of these currently in your freezer, simply contact them via phone at 800-456-4394 or via email at nestlepizza@casupport.com.

Go here for more details.

(Thanks, Melissa & Jennifer!)

• Kim says:

Thanks for posting this. I think we are okay, but I will check the freezer.

• Nina says:

Thank you for posting this. So nice

• Samantha says:

I just ate a couple of slices of the digiornio pizzeria bianca/white pizza for lunch today. I have been sick with the flu for almost a week and haven’t had much of an appetite and now I see this. Makes me sick to my stomach all over again! LOL. Only 2 slices, though, and I am throwing the rest away. :)

• Hilary says:

Hopefully the rest of the Pizzeria kinds are okay, we’ve bought quite a few with all the coupons! Thanks for posting this!

• mb says:

ugh this is no good whats w all the recalls

• Sherry says:

Click on the link. It’s not all these pizzas just certain batches. So some might be ok.

• annie says:

i notified nestle about this about a week ago. my pizza was the thin crust cheese digiorno pizza. i had called them to tell them that i found a piece of plastic sealed inside the frozen pizza.
    they sent me a prepaid envelope so i sent them the object in question along with the serial numbers from the box. apparently other complained too.
    i’m impressed how fast nestle took action. but my pizza is not on the recall list. just wanted to let you know other pizzas may be affected.
    nestle was very apologetic and sent me out some freebies for more digiorno pizzas.

• Tina says:

thanks for letting us know, I think i will contact them. I got the pizzeria pepperoni. I dont feel like eating plastic….:(

• Marissa says:

what kind of pizza was yours? (the one not on the list)

• Erin says:

They seem to be pretty good about any issues. I got a pizza from them that was broken into about 5 pieces and contacted them suggesting they make sure their product is handled with better care (we tried to cook it and it just made a huge mess, we had to throw it out) and they promptly responded back and sent me coupons in the mail. They are officially one of my preferred brands after the experience with them :)

• Joan says:

What info do they need when you call? I just ate one of these pizzas the other day but the box has already gone out to the trash outside. What do I do now?

• Amber says:

Ugh I’ve had the Tuscan chicken pizza twice in the past three weeks. I guess that’s what I get with my splurge meals.

• Tarri says:

Thank goodness I only got the cheese ones.

• AJ says:

I ate the Tuscan Chicken Pizza and the next day I felt sick all day.

I wasn’t sure I was coming down with something or it was something I ate.

Now I know :(

• Hilary says:

They think it came from the batch of spinach they got from their supplier. But if people are getting it from other pizzas….. I have one left in the freezer. The kids have been eating the supreme and meat trio pizzeria… Guess we won’t be buyin more.

• Jean H. says:

Just returned my pizza at Walmart and they knew nothing about the recall. After the return was given the register beep and asked for a manger because the product did show it was recalled. The manger asked where I heard about it and immediately ran away to pull them from the freezer. THANK YOU! you might have saved a problem from happening.