Zapiddy iPhone App: Make Money While You Shop (Current Users Share Their Experiences!)

Just a reminder to check out Zapiddy if you have an iPhone and/or iPad…

Zapiddy is a free iPhone app that pays users to answer questions. After downloading and registering the app, Zapiddy users (called Zappers) may accept Jobs — brief, easy surveys. Sometimes a photo is part of the Job. Usually these Jobs include surveys about retail store activity or conditions. As an example, yesterday, Zappers were asked to photograph some of the merchandise in stores related to the new movie “Monsters U.” The photos below were submitted by Zappers who will be paid $4 for their participation.

And today, Zappers are being asked to document the presence of a detergent pallet display at Sam’s Club like the one pictured below and to the left (note that one doesn’t need to be a Member to enter a Sam’s Club). And just about every weekend, Zappers are asked to report on some in-store sampling activity, like these events last weekend at a Fred Meyer’s in Washington (pictured below and to the right):

Keep in mind that Zapiddy Jobs are usually more plentiful on weekends, but there are jobs any day of the week.

Check out some of the comments from current Zapiddy users…

The jobs are super easy and only take a couple of minutes. The definite downside is a job can disappear while you are on your way. Recommend accepting jobs that are very close or somewhere you were already planning on going so you don’t get upset if it goes away. I have made $59.00 in the last couple of weeks with approx $50 pending. Max you can earn in a year is $570

I just joined – looks fun! One job already to get $1 for answering questions during The Voice. I’ll be watching it anyways, so I might as well make a buck :)

I love this app … In just a couple of weeks I have gotten around $30!

Note: Zapiddy is activating accounts on a first-come, first-served basis depending on the number of jobs available in a given area. The sooner you create an account, the sooner you’ll have access to the jobs near you.

Do you currently use Zapiddy?! If so, share your experience with us in the comments below!

• lanett says:

I would like to do this do you have to have a checking account

• Renee says:

This app is great but beware- jobs you reserve can disappear. So only take jobs at places where you were already going.

• Roy says:

Over all pretty good. Since April 11th, I has received $125 in my Paypal account. Jobs not always available. However if you look a few times a day, you can usually score a couple of “zaps” a week. Most pay $4 per and are very simple.

• Kira says:

I have the app but no jobs ever pop up. I think I saw 2 or 3 the first couple weeks I had it and they went away before I could even accept 1. I haven’t seen any since.

• Ashley R says:

same, I’ve only ever saw a few on mine and they were either for when I was at work or for sam’s club which I don’t have a membership for,,

• Rebe says:

I joined a couple of months ago. I have done only 1 job and it was SUPER easy. My problem is there are not many jobs in my area and when there are, they disappear in less than 24 hours. I check all the time.

I also notice if they have a job, lets say, Home Depot, it shows all the HD, Lowes, etc in your area. I got excited because I was actually visiting both. The second I submitted my task the remaining places disappeared, so I think they want your input once.

• Donette Koelzer says:

Is there anything similar for Android users?

• Cindy says:

I also have been using this app. I’ve made $16 so far and it IS super easy. The jobs I did were during the week.

• Jen says:

I have been able to score one job with this app. Jobs are far and few between in my area and when they pop up, usually mid-day during the work week, they disappear within 15 minutes. What’s up with that?

• Kristie says:

I was all ready to start a job at a grocery store that was only avaliable during certain hours to do on a certain day. So this was perfect as I was going to get there right at the start time. I went back in that morning before leaving and it was gone! I don’t understand how that’s possible. I have yet to get a job I can do but I keep checking.

• Bethany says:

I also registered but have no jobs showing up. I live in a smaller city. Do you get more jobs around bigger cities?

• DrLadybug says:

Not too impressed w/this app. Told me that I did a job wrong, when I followed instructions exactly; they did end up finally paying but left in an ugly note in my account about supposedly not following directions. Note that it’s NOT like other secret agent shopping where you can *explain* any unique circumstances. Like once, there was supposed to have been a sampling/coupon book at a certain store, and there was NOTHING. Truly thought they were going to reject my job completion, but they did not, thankfully.

• DIRTCHEAPTEACH says:

My only downsize is that my daughter and I normally travel together to do jobs and many times it will only allow one posting from a site. It comes back duplicate job. Other than that I have really enjoyed using this app.

• Michele says:

Does it have to be submitted when you are in the store? I have an I pad but onl have Internet access on it when I am at home.

• Kristen says:

The jobs are really easy, but depending on where you live, there might not be a lot of jobs available. I check daily, typically twice a day, and there are usually only 3-5 jobs/week in my area.

• Megan says:

Wish there was an app for android users :(

• AA says:

Why does my account say my money will go to charity?

• does anyone else have trouple logging in on the zapiddy app? i registered quite a while ago, but every time i try to log in, it won’t let me enter my email or password…it’s like the screen is locked or something. the only thing it lets me press is the log in button, which then tells me i need to enter my email & password. so around & around i go…& it’s so frustrating because i want to do whatever zapiddy jobs i can! anyone have any info to help me? i’d really appreciate it!

• Stephanie says:

I really like it but the jobs disappear if you don’t do them immediately. Saving them as “my jobs” doesn’t really save them. I did a $4 job today at Costco, super easy. Just remember to check it when you are out on your way shopping anyway. I’ve made $41 this year.

• taratomasko says:

Do they only post jobs for that day only jobs? Not in advance?