*HOT!* Capital One 360 (Formerly ING Direct): Earn up to $176 When You Open 360 Checking and Savings Account (July 1st-July 3rd Only)

Hooray! Capital One 360, formerly known as ING Direct, is offering up a very sweet promo where you can earn up to a whopping $176!

Earn $100 by opening a fee-free 360 Checking account between July 1st and July 3rd (yep, 3 days only!) and earn $76 by opening a no-fee 360 Savings account between July 1st and 3rd.

Here’s how to snag $100 with a new checking account:

* Head over here and click on the blue “Apply Now” button
* Follow the instructions to open a fee-free 360 Checking account (be sure to open your new account no later than July 3rd!)
* You’ll then need to make 5 Debit Card purchases or 5 Mobile Deposits with Checkmate within 45 days
* Keep in mind that this $100 bonus is only available for new 360 Checking accounts and will be received on Day 50

Here’s how to snag $76 with a new savings account:

* Head over here and click on the blue “Open Now” button
* Follow the instructions to open a no-fee 360 Savings account with a deposit of $500 or more (be sure to open your new account no later than July 3rd!)
* Keep in mind that this $76 bonus is only available for new 360 Savings accounts
* Note that the $76 bonus starts earning interest on day one but you can’t take it out for at least 30 days.

If you’re not familiar with Capital One 360 Bank, they have 38,000 FREE Allpoint ATM’s, NO minimums, NO monthly fees, and you can deposit checks from anywhere with CheckMate!

(Thanks, Tom!)

• Laury says:

Can this be opened for each of my kids?

• Jennifer Roberts says:

that’s a really good question. i’d like to know too. i may need to research more into it, but how does banking work with this company? they don’t have branches, right? mail or direct for deposits?

• Aimee says:

I called and asked a representative about children’s savings accounts. I am currently a savings account holder with 360. They said that if they are under 18, I would be the joint account holder so the account would not be eligible for the $76 bonus since I am the primary account holder and am not a new customer. If I did not have an account, it would work for the $76 bonus on a children’s savings account since we would both be new customers. I hope that helps!

• Elise says:

Kids Savings Account: The $25 bonus is available for new accounts adding at least one new Customer to the bank. Bonus starts earning interest upon account opening, but is unavailable for withdrawal for 30 days. Variable 0.75% APY effective since 7/1/2013.

• Sandeep says:

What if I had the ING Orange Checking & Savings accounts in the past and closed them over a year now?

• Suzy says:

Off the site: “The nitty gritty:

This has to be your first 360 Checking (this includes Electric Orange, too).”

• pinky says:

I don’t understand, does this mean that ing no longer is? On ing com there is no mention of their new name. I have an account with them and I didn’t know their name had changed.

• Heidi says:

Have you visited their website lately? If you type in ingdirect.com it now directs you to capitalone360.com. They changed a few months back. All of their mailings have been coming as capitalone360 for a few months now too. Capital One 360 purchased ING.

• pinky says:

Thank you Heidi. I didn’t know. I haven’t used my acc ever since I opened it last year. I was accessing the ing.com website which I know now is different than the ingdirect. Com.

• Ashley57 says:

When they switched I went ahead and closed my account. They transferred the penny that was in there. lol. It was very easy to cancel, and I would recommend that if you don’t use it.

• christine says:

Last time I did this they did I hard look on my credit and cost me some vaulable points on my credit score. They check your credit since they offer over draft protection and denied me an account.

• Elise says:

They also have an app so you can scan your checks for depositing. Would love any referrals. :-) https://r.capitalone360.com/fiZmrEw4Uo

• Mindy says:

Does anyone know if you have to leave the $500 in the savings account for a certain amount of time to get the bonus? Can I open it with the $500 then take it right out?

• Elise says:

I just opened my new savings account and the $76 was deposited right away w/a hold on it until the 31st, but you can move/use the $500 right away.

• Molly says:

Did they transfer the $500 from your bank right away? And did they let you know on the spot that you qualified ? TIA

• Jamie says:

Just a heads up about the hard pull (this came straight from 360′s website):

“What are the eligibility requirements for 360 Checking?
    You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a valid Social Security number and be at least 18 years old. As part of the account opening process, we may or may not obtain information about you from a consumer reporting agency (a “hard pull”). If we do, we may or may not open 360 Checking for you based on that information.

You are not required to keep your other checking account after your 360 Checking is opened. You do not need to have another Capital One 360 account in order to apply for 360 Checking”

• emy664 says:

I love this account! I have a 360 checking account and the debit card they send is the only one I use.
    If anyone would like to use my referral link I would be so grateful! https://r.capitalone360.com/1jBsb3Njz3

• Karisa says:

How do hard pulls affect your credit rating? Also, can both me and my husband sign up for accounts?

• Lori says:

I’ve had an account for about 2 years now and have never had a problem. They have really great customer service if you forget your password, etc. Would love you to use my referral link, thanks so much! https://home.capitalone360.com/referafriend?save=9BaHSPmVRu