Goodbye Vacation and Hello Samples…

My low this week was saying farewell to all my family members on the East Coast… especially “Ma” :( . We headed back home to Boise, Idaho late last night leaving behind my dad, grandmother, uncles, cousins etc. Although I was ready to get back to reality (I usually feel that way after being gone from home for a week or so), it was so hard to say goodbye. Plus, I am really going to miss the ocean – there is something so soothing about the sounds and smells of the ocean….

So on to my high for the week. If you have been following Hip2Save for a while, you can likely relate to my high (and you may have even experienced it yourself recently!). After getting home and unloading all the suitcases, I went straight to check out all of the mail that had accumulated while we were gone. And much to my delight, I found quite a large amount of freebies, samples and coupons! There is nothing like a mailbox full of freebies to make a girl’s night! ;)

Every Wednesday, I share my high(s) and low(s) for the past week and I encourage you to do the same in the comment section below. My high(s) will simply be the best or most exciting thing that happened to me over the last week or so and my low(s) will be something not so great that took place.

• Emily says:

Aww, saying goodbye is always so hard. It is the worst part of vacation, 2nd worst part is all the unpacking you do when you get home. My low is the insane flooding we’re having in Pittsburgh today. I’ll feel better when everyone from my family gets home from work safely.

• Barb says:

my low is we went on vacation 3 weeks ago and i still haven’t unpacked all the bags. my high is we are going on vacation again in 3 more weeks so i don’t have as much to pack this go round as a lot of toiletries, etc. will just stay in my suitcase for the next trip. lol.

• ashley says:

My low is Im hungry as im on a 30 day juice cleanse (well not hungry i think i juat think im hungry cause i want to eat)… my HigH after trying my juice my Deaf son (wears a cochlear) used the word Gross for the first yime today!!! NEW words are such a BLESSING!!

• Teresa says:

I think my highs and lows are very similar to yours. We went to visit family in Pensacola, Fl for the 4th so my low was leaving family. It was especially sad to leave an aunt I havnt seen in 14 years and my grandmother I havnt seen in a few years.
    The high for us this week was learning my husband received a 15% raise on his job. It was a great blessing to find that out. It does not mean I will stop couponing though! :-)

• Shebella says:

Amen to the coupons. Welcome back home. There is no place like home.

• mar says:

I went on a family vacation but it was so very hard taking care of my aging parents we drove for 13 hours and with my moms complications the drive was lengthy. I came back home exasperated and tired and hope some-how my good deed of taking my parents with us could somehow overcome all my tiredness and worrieness. My high was coming back home and having some relaxation and R&R with my hubby. My boys stayed behind with relatives which is unheard off.. So we did a couple of date nights. It was fun :)

• Angie says:

I live on the East Coast, but I want to move out west. I need a change.

• Anne says:

Ah! The grass is always greener! I live in Colorado and would love to move home to New Hampshire!

• Heather says:

I live in Ohio- went to California earlier this year (not for me) and am flying into Boise the end of this month and driving to Oregon….hopefully I fall in love. I need a change too!

• MJ says:

My low this week is having my hubby start chemo and radiation on his cancer of a undefined origin. My high is that he is being treated at the Mayo in Rochester and I have faith in them and above!!

• christa says:

I sincerely hope for the best for you hubby. I’m sure that is so tough and stressful. I wish you all the best.

• MJ says:

Christa thanks so much for the wishes, I can’t tell you how much the best wishes and prayers mean to me. You don’t feel so alone in this scary situation when you have others who care! :)

• Mary says:

MJ, know that I read your post and am really hoping for the best for you and your husband. Modern medicine is pretty spectacular. He can do this! :-)

• sara says:

I hope all goes well for your hubby! You are in my thoughts & prayers MJ. Mayo clinics are amazing! :)

• Leighton says:

Prayers for strength and a fast recovery from Austin, TX.

• ashley says:

((Hugs)) and prayers MJ…. and you are right Mayo is amazing, my dad was treated there for Sarcoid 20 years ago and was given months at the time by another hospital. Because of Mayo he has turned those months into now over 20 years and have gotten to see my sister and I grow up and the birth of his 4 grandchildren. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!

• soldiersgirl531 says:

I wish you both the best& pray for a full speedy recovery.

• kasi says:

My high is thanks to couponing my Hubby and I were able to donate things to a coworker of his. Her house burned to the ground on the 4th of July. We donated clothes, toiletries and other household items for her, hubby and their granddaughter that lives with them. My low is I am not feeling my best this week.

• sara says:

So awesome & selfless of you all to do this – I would love it if I were able to coupon enough to donate. The stores around here don’t double coupons so it is rare I am able to stock up on anything :(

• QL says:

I can relate to this post! I grew up in the east coast but moved to the Midwest because that’s where hubby is from. I really miss the smell of the ocean! There’s something so calming the ocean.

I love being on vaca, visiting family we don’t see often, but at the same time I am ready to be home. The kids and I have been gone for almost month and missing daddy. We are halfway around the world having amazing experiences though!

Collin, the pic of Piper and Ma is precious! My grandpa is 90 and I have been taking lots of sweet photos of him and my kiddos on this trip.

A super typhoon is coming this weekend in Asia… Cross your fingers for us!

• cannielle says:

My LOW is that my 1 year old refused to eat any veggie today and my HIGH is that I just received the HSN’s tumbler.

• pharm_chick says:

my high of today is that i finally got my 7th generation kit!! there are so many samples in it, 15 of each! plus so many coupons, and other goodies including a full sized pack of wipes and diapers… too bad they sent a size smaller then ds is wearing.

• Angela says:

I got mine too yesterday! and the diapers were also one size too small for my daughter. too funny.

• Amy says:

What a trend! I got mine today and got a size too small but you better believe we will be squeezing his skinny lil bum into them! Lol. Can’t wait to share the freebies!!

• Amanda M says:

So did I! I was like yes! Diapers.. ohh 1 size too small :( lol I have decided to turn it into a basket for a lucky winner at the party ;)

• Pharmchick says:

Lol that is funny that they sent a smaller size to everyone!! It’s ok my sister in law is pregnant so I will hold onto it for her. I’m going to throw in some of the other samples I’ve gotten like shampoo etc from other places to make a nice little goody bag for mom and baby! I especially love that they sent something for me too, the wipes and soap.

• dealzgurl says:

I was on vacation in April. My high about that was I got to go the beach!!! I LOVE the ocean. It reaffirms my faith in God. My low was a biggie–the ocean snatched my prescription sunglasses! Got tossed by a wave and down I went. And off my glasses flew. I lost contacts that way the time before that when I went to the ocean. What’s a nearsighted person to do? :-) My high this week was the HSN tumbler. Much nicer than I expected.

• Amanda M says:

High is that I have survived my move, with 3 kids and problems with fridge stove and flooding I am glad I am ALIVE ;) Low would have to be my sleepless nights thanks to reading a scary book before bed and having an overly active imagination! I am exhausted! :)

• sara says:

My HIGHS are that I got a big promotion after only 3 months at my new job, and my mom is coming to visit on Friday & I haven’t seen her in two months!

My LOW was my brakes going out on my car (for the second time in a month) but thankfully it was the parts’ fault & not mine & it was fixed within a few hours!

• Sandy says:

My high was accepting a full-time job offer which increases my salary 20%! My low was learning of a single mom with 4 children who receives less money in food stamps each month than I spend for myself. I can’t imagine….It breaks my heart….I have to help.

• Mommyof3 says:

Where do you beach on the East Coast?? We moved here to Georgia last year and have yet to go to the Atlantic for the 1st time. We need ideas for good places :) (We moved here from Southern California, and kinda miss the Pacific.) Recommendations??

• Shawna says:

I live in Charleston and we have lots of beaches here…..Edisto, Folly, Sullivans Island. Closer to GA is Tybee Island right beside Savannah and also Hilton Head is about 30min from Savannah. I grew up here and don’t know what I would do without going to the beach. Flip flops and shorts are my fav attire! :)

• Misty says:

My HIGH was hearing from my son for the first time in over a month. He is in Basic Training in Ft. Jasckson, SC. He sounded great and is loving it.
    My LOW: I don’t really have a low. Feeling beyond blessed.

• soldiersgirl531 says:

Nothing like hearing from your loved one while they are in the Military:-)It can brighten up your darkest days.Tell your son thanks so much for his service.Best wishes to you also from one military family to another.

• ashley says:

I live beside fort jackson. He must be enjoying the lovely afternoon rains here :) Thank him for serving our country :)

• tracy says:

I don’t really have a low, maybe just doing house chores. cleaning :(

but my high is me and my bf are going on vacation together by ourselves this time :) he finally has a couple days off of work so we can go up north together. after 6 yrs we have never been able to go anywhere. now i’m super excited to get away even if it is for a couple days

• Charity says:

I was born in MA and attended college there, and I agree that it’s hard to leave the ocean! I’ve lived by the Gulf of Mexico for many years but will always miss the Atlantic.

• Donna Shelley says:

I had a good freebie day. I got 2 of my Shape Magazines,the Lenox saw blade,2 of the Gevalia samples, 1 Kcup and 1 pack + coupons, the owl necklace from Amazon, Abes Market Sampler,Loreal advanced Hair Care samples,Travel Guides for Utah,Biotrue sample + coupon,origins sample of Energize,Redbarn Dog food. Can’t wait for tomorrows mail as I’m expecting a case of NOAD Sunscreen that I won.