Toys R Us: Possible FREE Leapfrog Tag Books + Buy 1 Get 2 FREE Crayola Products + Clearance Finds & More

In addition to all the fantastic Toys R Us deals I’ve been dishing about here and here, check out the email I recently received from reader, Callie…

I went to 2 Toys R Us stores to get the Leapfrog Tag books but they did not have any coupons, however, some books rang up free because they automatically take $5 off and were marked down to $5. I got Penguin Puzzle Time, Air Penguin, and Giraffes Can Dance.

The $5 off LeapFrog Tag books sale mentioned in the email above is actually advertised here… but note that these $5 and under clearance Tag books may not be available at all Toys R Us locations, however, it’s definitely worth keeping your eyes peeled for!

Also, check out all these clearance finds reader, Jill, was able to score…

And, don’t forget! Before you head out to your local Toys R Us to browse the clearance, head here to print this coupon valid for 30% off any one clearance item (expires 7/13/13). Note that this coupon does exclude clothing, shoes and several other items (see coupon for full exclusions).

Also, as I mentioned previously here, all Crayola crayons, markers, paper, Color Wonder & Xtreme Coloring products are on sale Buy 1 get 2 FREE! So check out the deals reader, Suzanne, was able to find:

Crayola 24 pack crayons $1.29
*After the Buy 1 get 2 FREE sale, just $0.43 each!

Crayola 16 ct pip-squeaks washable markers $4.99
*After the Buy 1 get 2 FREE sale, just $1.66 each!

Crayola 96 sheet construction paper $2.99
*After the Buy 1 Get 2 FREE sale, just $1 each!

Crayola Twistable crayons 24 ct $5.99
*After the Buy 1 get 2 FREE sale, just $2 each!

Plus, here are a couple other deals you can snag valid tomorrow, 7/13 only:

*Play-Doh 24 pack $8 (regularly $17.99)
*Disney Pixar Monsters University Sulley Monster Mask $10 (regularly $24.99)

(Thanks, Callie, Jill, Suzanne and Amanda!)

• Elizabeth says:

Went to toys r us earlier bought 1 book it did not automatically do this the sign says any books priced $9 or above gets $5 off

• Heather says:

The signs say that, but they’re ringing up with $5 off anyways. Also, if you use the peelie coupons AND the 30% off coupons together.. they overage applies to something else that you purchase. :)

The Toys R Us in Greenville, NC didn’t have the cheap clearance like the readers store – bummer!

• Ger says:

I found the TAG System at Target today 50% off. They also had a couple TAG books on clearance for $6.28 with the $4 Q on them. Not as good as free but it works for me. :)

• CO Mama says:

Was just at ours in South Denver today & could not believe all that they had on clearance + additional 50% very tempting to not stick to the list :) Such awesome deals! Even had many packs of boys & girls undies left that were posted about a while ago.

• Queenjen87 says:

At toys r us I found the leapfrog leappad explorer (purple) 75% off at 14.98. Didn’t have a coupon with me, but at that price I grabbed one.

• Stefani says:

The tag stuff is on clearance bc a new better device is coming out which is more advanced.

• Mel says:

The Mr. Pencil tag box set was on clearance at my Toys R Us for 9.98 (retail 19.99). 9.98-$5 off tag books= 4.98. – 30% clearance coupon = 3.48. – $4 peelie= .52 overage!

The $1 peelies for the color wonder also work on the refills. $4.99 each. Buy 1 get 2 free- 3 $1 peelies = $1.99 for three.

• Anna says:

There is also a $1/1 Color Wonder coupon on the Crayola Facebook page!

• christine says:

Transformers lunch boxes for 50 centsss?????? Now you guys have me going.

• Megan says:

Hi Anna–

Where did you find the $1/1 Color Wonder coupon on the facebook page? I am having trouble finding it!

• Rebecca says:

I have also been finding random $4.00/1 peelies on various Tag reader books.. so that could sweeten the deal for books over $5.

• Ayesha says:

Walmart and target also have the books (target for 6.98) (Walmart still full price) Both stores still have the books with the peelies. Both Toysrus that I went to had no peelies at all. Luckily All 3 stores are within one block of eachother so I nabbed all the peelies I could. So if you’re having trouble finding the peelies check out walmart or target and grab them all!

• christine says:

Yeah, let’s actually not do that. Heaven forbid we save some good deals for others.

• Conswalla says:

Greedy and unfair to others. Ridiculous!

• sassy says:

Why would you grab the peelies, but not buy the books. #SELFISH

• Tara says:

Ayesha, greedy much! It’s people like you that give other couponers a bad name, shame on you!

• Ashley says:

Seriously Ayesha? That’s stealing. Then you’re bragging and telling others to do it too! Wow..

• Cara says:

Oh yeah, big no no. Peelies are only for the person buying the book — stores will probably start honoring them only if they are still attached to the item. That would solve the stealing issue.

• christine says:

That’s how my store does their meat discount. It used to say $5 off this pork/chicken/etc and people would steal them, now they only take any kind of pealies attached to an item.

• Cara says:

Yup, same at mine! I have to watch closely because they sometimes miss it, but it’s definitely a good way to keep people from just taking all the peelies.

• Kat Fisch says:

I hate when people do this. :( I’m glad couponers in my area have a sense of respect for each other as I often find only a few peelies taken at a time.

• Ruby says:

The Color Wonder products at my store had $1 off peelies on them as well! Made for a super sweet deal as their computer accepted a coupon for each item, despite the fact that only 1 item was purchased (made the color wonder paint hand set $6.99).

Also, the TAG books did not have peelies on them but the Leappad games did (for the TAG books), so I managed to get 2 TAG books for .98 cents each ($9.98 clearance price – $5 advertised savings – $4 peelie)!

• Monica says:

I also found Tag reader books on clearance for 6.98 at Target with $4 peelies on them making them $2.98!

• miss tris says:

This is a change of subject here, but I have a $10 Victoria’s Secret (off of anything online!) coupon code, it expires tomorrow Sunday, July 14. If anyone wants to trade for a egiftcard or something (doesn’t have yo be VS) let me know and I’ll email it to you :)

• alice says:

does anyone know if they have this sale until tomorrow?

• Katrina says:

I wish our TRU was a little closer! However, it might be worth the drive if some of these deals are there!

• audrea says:

whoever took the TRU pics in this post is lucky! my TRU prices were much higher!

• Carl says:

Is the crayola b1g2 something that I could go get price matched at walmart?

• Christy says:

How do you get signed up to receive emails about the red hot deals of the day?

• Sarah says:

At ToysRUs, the Color Wonder things are B1G2. I went one night and bought the $9 refill sets (got 3 for the price of one) and they all had peelies for $1 off each one, so only $2 a piece. When I got home and opened them up, I discovered that in each one, there was a page with 3 coupons on them – one for $2 off the travel kits. The travel kits are $11.99 and are also apart of the B1G2, so I went back and got 3 travel kits, only paid $2 for each one!! Also on the page of coupons is $1 off the paints or markers. The 10 packs of color wonder markers are B1G2 at $5.99, so subtract 3 $1 off coupons and you get each pack of markers for $1!!! I did the same thing with the Color Wonder paint – $1 each! Stocked up for Christmas. =) Side note – I have solved the problem of my 2 year old taking markers and making “stamps” on his body. He was very disappointed that the color did not transfer to his skin.

• Tonya says:

I went to TRU today to get Tag books. All of the ones I wanted were $9.99 on sale and had $4 peelies. However, the cashier scanned the coupons and said they weren’t applying because the books were already on sale. The coupon says it can’t be combined with another discount, so the register rejected it?!? I SWEAR I used a peelie on a sale Tag book a month or two ago. Anyone have this problem?

I’m tempted to go back and try again in case the cashier was mistaken.

• Christine says:

I didn’t have a problem. I have had a different cashier each time I went in over the past three days. Today the cashier had a problem scanning the peelie but kept trying until she got it to work. She even looked over the coupon and still kept trying. I wish stores had consistent policies. We have had problems with different stores in the past. The worst was Walmart over a price match with Toysrus. When they wouldn’t give us the price match on a Little Tikes item we left and purchased it at Toysrus. We received an apology from the store manager about a week later from Walmart with a gift card. Still don’t care for Walmart but appreciate that the tried to make it right:(

• Tonya says:

Ha! Went back and had zero issues buying them and using coupons. I guess the first cashier was just confused because the same register took them just fine!

• emilytwinmom says:

I went today to get playdoh, and it wasn’t on sale. $15.99 for the 24pk!

• Nkmcannon says:

Does anyone know how long the $5 off Leapfrog Tag Book sale is going one? Thanks!

• Heather says:

I wish our TRU had some of the 25 cent deals!! It would be an incredible time to stock up for Operation Christmas Child.. especially because they’re 25 cents Christmas toys. Bummer!!! :( On another note, I got 16 free tag books today (for donation bins at Christmas time, and they still had plenty left at my store when I was done!), (3) $1.39 Disney Princess kits (was $6.99) to stash in the gift closet for free, and a FREE soccer goal for my son with the TAG books overage $ from the coupons!! So stoked!

• Trinity says:

How much are the pens for these Tag books? Does anyone know? TIA

• kel says:

Are these still on sale today or was that only through yesterday…?