Outdoor Exercising with the Hubby and Expired Free Product Coupons

My low this week is quite devastating so brace yourself – I somehow managed to let a FREE Product Coupon (with a whopping $10.99 value!) go to waste. :( As you can see from the picture above, it expired at the end of last month and I just discovered it yesterday when going through my purse. Shame on me – I know!

So on to my high for the week. Since we live near a HUGE park with lots of awesome running trails, I have been diligently exercising on these trails (whether it be running or biking) on a regular daily basis. Although I don’t mind exercising alone (and do so quite often), it is always so much more fun when you have a running buddy – or at least, I think so! And this week, I have been lucky enough to have my hubby join me. We have had lots of great bonding time on the trails – we go between listening to music and chatting. :)

Every Wednesday, I share my high(s) and low(s) for the past week and I encourage you to do the same in the comment section below. My high(s) will simply be the best or most exciting thing that happened to me over the last week or so and my low(s) will be something not so great that took place.

• cassie says:

So why not donate the expired coupon? http://www.couponstotroops.com/

• ethel says:

where do you get coupons like this?

• mweyler says:

boohoo…especially on produce! That is why I invested (hah–funny to spend money on–to save) in an app that scans coupon barcodes to database and lets me know when they are expiring so I don’t stress out about missing coupons like that. Love it. It just makes my life so much less stressful. Can also search if I am unsure of whether or not I have a coupon that matches the sale items etc…

• animity says:

Don’t you hate when that happens with the coupons. I let me $3 birthday ECB expire, who does that :-(.

• amy says:

Dont feel bad. Remember the free Langer juice coupons we got? It came as 4 free ones? I didnt know they expired so quickly and never got to use them. :(((

• Sharon says:

You can send recently expired coupons to the military overseas.

• Steph says:

What Sharon says is true. We could use our coupons for 6 months after the expiration. If you want an address to send them to, let me know. My son is stationed in Japan with the USAF and could make sure they go to use.

• Mommy Mags says:

could you send me an address of where to send expired coupons? I had no idea you could send them and I just threw out 10 coupons I couldn’t use. I would love to send them over. Thanks!

• Lori says:

Can you advise where to send the expired coupons to the military overseas. The two addresses I had no longer accept them. Thank you.

• Lory says:

Collin, I am SO there w/ on the wasted coupon issue (mine was I LOST THEM,yep TWO FREE :( 1 for 1 box of puffs, the other for a Nivea lip balm) what a bummer!! I also just wanted to comment on your ‘outdoor exercising w/ hubby’ how awesome it is that you’re hubby will do things like that w/ you?! If I can ever get back on my feet again (I’ve been hit in 2 car accidents) I’d Love for my husband to go on walks, etc. w/ me. What a wonderful thing & an excellent example for all of us of what “quality time” really is!! Thank you for all the sharing you do w/ us!

• edy says:

It happens to everyone! My highest is that I have been able to help 7 familys and 17 special kids this week with items from my stockpile, and thanks! To this site i been able to see all the sales and save /so, I got all my grandaughter her school supplies and uniforms and my daughter doesn’t have to go wait on those long lines,

• kelly says:

I had that same coupon expire, but it wasn’t because i forgot, it was because they were out of season by the time they sent me the coupon! So don’t feel bad Collin, you probably wouldn’t have been able to find the product!

• Danielle says:

Do you run in dangly earrings?

• Mel says:

This happened to me, too! It was a free box of my favorite hair dye. I was sad

• Kelly says:

Does Walgreens accept expired Register Rewards? I have one that expired last week. Sorry – I’m a little off track here! Sorry about your coupon Collin. Will they take expired coupons?

• Pamela says:

I found the free box of hair dye coupon after it expired too and it is the only brand I use. I was beyond thrilled to have won that coupon.

• Sassy says:

luckily two of my local grocery stores take coupons up to 30 days past their expiration, but I’ve had free coupons slip by me as well and it’s definitely a bummer :(

• jhnicole says:

My high family. my low missing swagcodes for the extravaganza lol.I need to exercise with my SO ,love your high.He is so much more active with fitness than me.Love your high Edy.I went on recyclebank today with 150 left with 450 yassss.

• Robin says:

I totally understand the low. I somehow forgot that I had 4 $3.00 off you next purchase coupons in my coupon folder and then found them the next time I went to the store and realized they were expired since they were only good for a short time. Bummer!

As for my high, I have started eating a whole food, plant based eating plan and have already noticed that after only 5 days I have really noticed that I don’t have the afternoon slump of feeling really tired. Thanks for sharing your highs and lows.

• jhnicole says:

I think my high is recyclebank lol.i keep finding quizzes im doing the paper quiz 520 pts now&climbing yassss!

• Crystal says:

I would hate to let a freebie coupons expire too. my high: my kiddos seem to be getting better after having a cold. my low: an annoying migrane all day.

• melani says:

I love that I have a store that takes expireds up to one month past the date! It saves me all the time when I let good coupons expire!

• Catie says:

I found a recently expired coupon for a free oscar meyer product :( Hate it when I forget about good ones like that!

• jess says:

What an adorable couple you two make! :)

• Cindy says:

The CVS store here, takes ANY expired coupons – I can always use Expired coupons as long as it’s something CVS sells in their stores ;)
    It doesn’t matter HOW long it’s expired.

• Cherri says:

My Walmart store told me they would take coupons that are expired up to 30 days.

• Crystal says:

wow, how nice. my walmart is really bad with coupons so i try not to use too many coupons there because its always a headache at the checkout.

• adri says:

COLIN!!!! Send it to me!!!!!!!! My store takes coupon up to 1 month expired

• ND says:

How do you run with earrings? Lol so awesome!

• Nataly says:

Can someone please give me a little more info every little bit will help. I live in south Texas (San Antonio area) and would love to know how to get coupons like these or really great specials. Havent came across any stores that double coupons. Anything would help I have my wedding in 1 year and trying to save as much as possible :)

• Maria says:

I would also like a address to send coupons over to military families. I used to send them to a group near us but they stop accepting them.

• Nate says:

Where can i send expired or about to expire coupons that im not going to use? Tried to leave some formula coupons in the baby section of target so that somebody can use it. But one of the sales clerk gave me a rude look as if im trying to loiter in their place. Tnx

• tracy says:

I do that all the time with coupons. I will put them in my purse to use at the store and find out they don’t carry that brand. so then I save it for later to go to another store. and it will be expired by the time I get to it :(

• Janice says:

I’m happy that you are enjoying every minute with your dear one! Also – I have forgotten coupons also. I just forgot about a rite-aid rewards for $8 – bummer!!! I am going to try to call corporate and see what I can do about that one. Thanks for the many suggestions! We can’t be perfect all the time – but you do set the bar high Collin!

• Mara says:

I used to worry over not using every single free coupon. But with my schedule it is impossible. I try to follow Collin on her drifty savings and manage to save some. My high will be spending time with my kids today :) My low I haven’t had time to coupon shop ;(

• Amy says:

I just figured out I let a $7 ECB expire with CVS! I am still not over it.

• Hope says:

Not much messes with my anxiety than finding an expired high value coupon.

• Kathy says:

At least now I know you have to work to stay that thin. I guess I can’t hate you now :)

• Laura says:

Do you have an Ultra near you? They take expired coupons up to 1 month…….so if you use it by 7.30, you should be OK