Walt Disney World’s FREE Fall Dining Extended Through December (Save $400-$900!)

Walt Disney Resort’s very popular and limited-time promotion called FREE Dining has been extended into late Fall 2013. The FREE Dining promotion allows you and your room-mates to eat completely free with the purchase of select packages on select dates. This offer is now available for arrivals most nights between the following dates:

September 29-October 2, 2013
October 18-November 2, 2013
November 11-November 23, 2013
December 12-December 22, 2013

If you stay at a Disney Value Resort, the Quick Service Dining Plan is free and if you stay at a Disney Moderate or Deluxe Resort, the Plus Dining Plan is free. You can also upgrade from the Quick Service Dining Plan to the Plus Dining Plan for an additional $19 per adult per night and $3 per night per child. Or upgrade from the Plus Dining Plan to the Deluxe Dining Plan for an additional $45 per adult per night and $20 per night per child. Disney will require a deposit of $200 and final payment is due 45 days prior to arrival.

Note that the number of rooms allocated for this offer is extremely limited so you’ll want to make your reservations soon. Note that the free Dining offer is not valid for Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness, 3-Bedroom Villas, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, and the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

For more information and to get a free quote, you can head over here.

Check out some comments from Hip2Save readers who have taken advantage of this promo in the past…

I am a Disney-holic. We took advantage of free dining last time we went and I just booked for September. I have been waiting for this promotion to come back. After having done it before, I can honestly say that I can’t imagine going to Disney and paying for food again. On our last trip, we kept a running total of what we would have spent on the food……$933 for a party of 4! It is soooo worth it.

It’s the best way to go! We saved so much money, ate way too much, and weren’t concerned that our light eater didn’t finish half of her food.

Saved our family of 4 over $600 on our week-long vacation, score! :)

We took advantage of free dining in Feb. and LOVED it! Be our guest is a great restaurant for quick service – the food was good and it feels “special” for the kids. I really liked that I could say YES! on vacation and not worry about the cost of snacks.

• ap says:

We have done free dining the past 2 years and LOVE it! Not having to worry about food makes it more of a vacation for me!

• judy young says:

Hey Colin ~~
    Although Free Dining may be a great promotion for some, I think it’s important to recognize that if Free Dining saved the majority of guests money, Disney would have stopped offering it a long time ago. It’s a marketing ploy… that works very well. (We like Free!) As with any purchase, folks should run the numbers and see if they are indeed better off with the Free Dining promotion, or if the Mouse is.

• ap says:

You are right with this. I have a family of 5 in one inexpensive Moderate room, so it is great for us; I see it not being so great for just 2 people!

• Ashley57 says:

I agree with this – in any scenario, it is important to look and see if you are really saving money. What if you stayed off site at a hotel and brought food/ate out with coupons? I have Priceline bid on hotels right outside of Disney and gotten $30-$40 a night. With that being said, as my mom says, I can have my free shampoo, she likes to coupon because she gets “high-end” shampoo for $1-2 a bottle. Different strokes for different folks.

• Lola says:

We stayed at a house very close by and just drove there (some of the Disney tourism books suggest you drive even if you are staying at the resorts unless you are staying at certain ones, plus it was easier with strollers). We had breakfast at the house we had rented, brought snacks and drinks in a cooler, some frozen, others we would ask for the free cups of ice, etc. We did eat one meal a day at the parks at the moderately priced/cheaper restaurants just for the fun and ease of it, but we still saved a lot that way.

• VB says:

Yes, this was looking so enticing to us but we were weighing our options of staying at a resort and getting free dining or renting a house as we have in the past. We would love to experience the resorts but we are too frugal! We found it cheaper to rent a house and like the privacy of a rental vs resort. Disney food is so good that I know it would be completely used (I have heard of people saying they still had credits left over!)

• Darin Smith says:

Agree. There’s no such thing as a free lunch. Free just means they Raised the price elsewhere in the package such as the room rate.

• SoxGirl1029 says:

We’ve done free dining in the past, and I doubt we’ll do it again. The crowds that this attracts means that booking a reservation is even harder than normal…plus there is a new policy which states that you cannot cancel a reservation after 24 hours before your arrival at Disney without being charged a penalty. No thanks…it’s way too much food anyway. We just came back from Disney last week and we rented a house in Davenport and it was a million times better than staying on property. Sure we had to rent a car, but the fact that we could eat at the house for some meals meant we still spent less than staying at the resort and having to eat there. We also appreciated being able to relax in our own private pool and not having to deal with the hassle of the buses.

• Connie says:

Wondering if this applies to previously booked vacations in the time frame listed?

• Kristy says:

We have done the free dining plan and loved it! It saved us a to of money and I don’t think it’s a ploy. I think its a way for Disney to book trips when school is in session and families otherwise wouldn’t be vacationing. It probably doesn’t cost Disney alot because food is cheap. We stayed at port Orleans riverside in the princess rooms and the food was fabulous. Highly recommend!

• Chrissy says:

If this deal convinced people to book trips “who otherwise wouldn’t be vacationing” then it is a ploy and it has worked. It’s still a good deal and all, but in the end, Disney has gotten a lot more out of you than you have gotten from Disney.

• Kristy says:

We can agree to disagree. It may sway people to book but I doubt people who aren’t planning to travel book vacations just for free food. I would also add that Disney is in the buisness of making money. BUT the memories if my kids first trip and the experience of the princess rooms make me feel that I got more out if Disney then they got out if me :)

• Destinee says:

I think the amount you save on food…is applied to how much you’re spending on the room! When we went last December, I got a quote from Disney…I think the resort was $187 a night versus Anaheim Plaza at $69 a night. Anaheim Plaza was same walking distance as the resort!! Personally, I’d rather save my money and use it on souvenirs! Also, if you sign up for a Disney credit card, sometimes they’ll give you a gift card. I signed up for one and got a $500 gift card just for signing up!!! It worked out perfectly for us!!!

• Kay says:

You are thinking of Disneyland. Disneyworld has a lot of inexpensive hotels that count. It really is a fantastic deal.

• Lola says:

These are the resorts that are not included:
        Offer excludes:
        Campsites
        3-Bedroom Villas
        Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
        Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
        Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
        The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

• Destinee says:

You are right…didn’t realize this was for Disney WORLD! Never been there!!

• Jenny says:

What card was that?!?! Im going to Disney in 1 day (for a week) and wish I had heard about these deals! Oh well- lesson learned. I would like to know what card you signed up for to get that offer though! We plan to go back again- next summer.

• Destinee says:

I think it’s the basic Disney Credit Card? Maybe you can google it…call them and see if they’re offering the promo again!!

• Thia says:

Jenny,
        I put my name out there in “Disney” stuff like sign up for their web sites, updated my profile etc.. Disney Visa came a callin’ several times. First was the free $50, then $100. I went to different blogs to see what other people had been offered – the highest price I saw was $250.00 so when that offer came I took it. With Disney Visa, the one I signed up for, you have to pay $49 per year. Having said that, the way I look at it is I’m getting it for 5 years free and 2% cash back on ALL food purchases (grocery stores & restaurants). I’ve had this card for almost 1 year have earned over $375 in Disney Bucks which can be spent on flights & anything Disney. I have NEVER seen or read anything about $500 with Disney Visa.

• Babyregistry101 says:

Yeah, I watched for mine, it was free but the highest I could get was $200, and I also watched for a few years.

• Kari says:

Right now the offer is a $100 GC, it changes periodically.

• Thia says:

Keep waiting – the offers should go up. I also ordered the free DVD Collin posted about, an offer will be in there as well.

• Wendy says:

Hey Jenny! If you are going again next year, I would highly recommend my friend Marisha. She knows Disney inside and out and can get you the best deals. And can help customize an itinerary for you. I commented about her below. I don’t work for her but she is amazing and helps your trip go 100x smoother! Have fun on your trip!
        marisha@tiggerifictravels.com

• Lola says:

I think it is more like… if you are going to stay at the resorts that are included in the deal anyways, and were going to pay non-discounted prices, then this deal is for you (who doesn’t like free food! :) . This is what the Disney website says: “Get a free dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 6-night/7-day Magic Your Way package (includes room and theme park tickets) at select Disney Resort hotels. ”

There are definitely cheaper ways to go to Disney (we went for a fraction of what it would have cost with this deal), but if you were going to pay full price for the 6 night/7 day Magic your way package anyways, the free meals is a neat treat!

• Wendy says:

If anyone is looking for an agent to help plan a magical vacation, check out http://www.passportadventuretravel.com
    We specialize in Disney vacations and cruise travel!

• alexandra says:

We are taking our first family trip to WDW with our girls and my husband being their first time ever and I want it to be so special. We have a suite at the Bay lake Tower, park tickets and dining plan. I was waiting patiently for the fall discounts and the dining is not offered on the time we go. 12-4-13 through 12-8-13. So disappointing. Any way they might open that week up still? My fingers are crossed, but im not to optimistic.

• Thia says:

Alexandra,
      We’re going on Oct. 31 – Nov. 9 I originally reserved room only many months ago and was sad to see my dates did not qualify so I called and they gave me free dining for our entire stay.

Tip: If you know in advance you are going – get the room ONLY deal, then add everything else later. There is no reason to pay out of pocket months before your trip. Plus 30% off room rates and purchasing park tickets else where and purchasing food as you go can save you a lot of money.

• Wendy says:

Talk to my friend Marisha and see what she can do for you. If there is a way to get it for you or to lower your price in any way, she is the one who can do it! Have a blast on your trip! We were there 2 months ago and I already can’t wait to go back!
      marisha@tiggerifictravels.com or http://www.DisneyTravelsByMarisha.com

• evilanche says:

The dining plan is good for us because we have a family of 6. We priced it both ways for a family our size, taking into consideration off site deals. Also taking into consideration the cost of food for 6 people daily, the cost for a shuttle to and from the airport (we are not renting a car), and the convenience of shuttles to and from the parks, it is pretty much a wash with the dining deal. We are excited because it afforded us to stay on site. It would not be practical for a family of 2 necessarily, uniess they really want to do table service every night because that can be pricy too. For those who cannot find free dining for their dates, check into the room only discounts. They have more dates available, and are, I think, 15% – 25% off rack rates depending on where you stay.

• We (large family) went on a trip to Disney with little kiddos and I wrote down here what we did (stayed off site, brought snacks, did child swap, fast passes, downloaded free line time app, etc) :) We had a great time and hope to go back again some day!!! http://babyregistriesfornewbies.blogspot.com/2012/07/trip-to-disney.html

• Wendy says:

My friend Marisha can help you get bottom dollar deals at any resort plus the free dinning promotion! If you have already booked your stay still check with her because she can check and see if she can save you any money or get you money back! She is seriously 100% legit and don’t be silly and think I work for her, but I can testify of her authenticity:) A bunch of my friends go through her every time they travel to Disney and we are going through her for our next trip! She is super organized, honest and really sweet! Here is her website/contact information:
    marisha@tiggerifictravels.com

• cat says:

Is this food plan good for 2 day trips or just week long visits?

• Thia says:

Cat
    I remember asking how many park tickets do I have to purchase to get this deal and was told three, so I’m thinking 3 night stay. Call – just call and verify.