Collin recently asked me to re-post this very popular Hip2Save Cream Cheese Squares recipe from 2011 and of course, I said “Yes please!” These taste amazing and are so easy to make! What a fun special occasion breakfast or treat. My family absolutely loved them!
Note from Collin: Just a warning that these are addictive – you cannot, I repeat – CANNOT eat just one. Please don’t forget that I warned you about this. 😉
Cream Cheese Squares
* 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
* 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
(2) Press one can of the crescent rolls into the bottom of the prepared pan.
(3) In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. I used my Kitchen-Aid mixer for this step… you could also use a hand-held mixer. Spread evenly over the crescent layer.
(4) Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and lay them on top of the cream cheese layer. Do not press down.
(5) Pour the melted butter over the entire pan. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
(6) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is crisp and golden.
See how the top looks shiny? The texture is actually perfectly crisp from the butter and sugar! Yum 🙂
I decided to saute a cut up banana in a pan with a little butter and brown sugar along with some walnuts and serve it on top of ours! It was a great combo.
Have you made this yet? Did your family enjoy it?
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 small kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime!