CVS Reminder: *HOT* $50 Extrabucks Reward for Buying PayPal Debit MasterCard for $4.95 & Loading $150 (+ Reader Tip!)

Have you been able to snag this *HOT* deal?! :D

I just wanted to remind all of you CVS shoppers about this rockin’ deal! Just head on over to your local CVS store where they are offering up a $50 Extrabucks Reward just for purchasing a PayPal Reloadable Prepaid Debit Mastercard for $4.95 (and loading a minimum of $150 on the card). This offer is limited to 1 per household and valid through November 27th only.

NOTE: Please note that this deal may be regional…. so be sure to check your My CVS Weekly Ad to see if it’s advertised in your area.

What a *HOT* buy since you are basically making a little over $45 (when you subtract the $4.95 fee) to spend at CVS. And as you know, based on all of the great weekly deals, $45 can go very far at CVS! Even sweeter, check out this comment left on the previous post…

When I went to activate my second card, it asked me for a referral code to get my bonus. It says, “For every friend you get to sign up, activate and load $10 on their card, you (and they) will get $5.” To get yours – login to your account at https://www.paypal-prepaid.com and then click on “My Account” and then “Refer a Friend.” If you have a friend you coupon with, this is a great way to “cover” the activation fee and the monthly fee (mine was debited automatically when I activated it).

• Gloria says:

Yay!! Too much fun!!
    This is my referral! 1479283006
    Merry Thanksgiving-mas!!

• lisa says:

I got mine today.

• KB says:

I do have a question about the referral code and I’m not sure if anyone has asked or answered this yet. If you buy two cards and register them in your name can you still use the “refer a friend” program to get the $5 credit to each card? Anyone with some knowledge on this let me know! Thanks everyone!

• Michelle says:

Here’s the reply I received from PayPal regarding the referral bonus. Looks like we probably won’t be receiving them, since we all originally obtained our cards at CVS and not through our friends referral link. But at $40 mm is still awesome in my book.

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for contacting us!

I appreciate your interest in our Refer a Friend program.

Please note that the steps listed below should be followed strictly to receive the incentive:

1. Refer your friend or family members by providing their email address on the Refer a Friend online page
    2. The referred person must acquire the card through the link provided on the referral email
    3. Referred cardholder must activate the card and load a minimum of $40.00. Funds transfer does not qualify for the $40.00 load in order to receive the incentive. Please note that we can only accept in-store loads or Direct Deposit
    4. Referred individual must be a first time user of NetSpend card. Verification will be made systematically when the referred individual provides us with his/her Social Security Number
    5. Referred individual must provide us the referral code at the time of the card activation.

Please note that if any of these requirements is missed, automatically you will be disqualified from this promotion.

If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or call Customer Care at 1-866-753-6440. Answers to frequently asked questions and self-help options can be found online at https://www.paypal.com/prepaid.

Thanks for choosing PayPal!

Sandy
    Customer Care Specialist

• gamommaof3 says:

Did anyone get their referral bonus?

• Michelle says:

Yes, I just did! I purchased 2 cards. I activated the first card using a referral code someone else listed here using my paypal account. I then activated the second card on my husband’s paypal account using my referral code. When I go into the refer a friend page on paypal’s site it has my husband listed as a referral and says his card is funded, but there is not a bonus amount. Yesterday, we both got our permanent cards in the mail. I activated his and we both automatically had the $5 added to our account! Then, I activated mine and another $5 was added to my account! In my inbox there is a message that both Laura and myself received the $5 referral bonus. I used Laura’s referral bonus to activate my first card. So, the trick to receive the referral bonus is to activate the permanent card!

• bree says:

Thanks for letting everyone know. When my card comes in the mail I will definitely activate it and hope the referral bonus shows up.

• Kelly says:

My CVS substituted the Netspend Visa for this deal. Anyone know if when I use if I hit debit or credit? I tried doing as debit and it asked me for a pin number. I did activate it online.

• Corrine C says:

I just got around to activating my card. I used someone here’s referral code. Would someone else please use mine. 7668280235 Thank you.

• Jackie says:

Corrine- I used your referral code. If anyone wants to use mine, it is 2489558807. Thanks.

• axhilli says:

Just used my ECB’s as the expire tomorrow. I got a ton of stuff and after coupons and the $50 ECB I paid less than $6 out of pocket and got back $27 in ECB. Below is a list. I wish I had tried to maximize it and got more ECB back and not spent $6 but since I waited until the last minute to use the ECB I had to get what I could.

1 – Starbucks Kcups
    2 – Almay eye makeup remover pads
    3 – 12 packs of Cherry Coke Zero
    2 – 1L bottles of Listerine mouthwash
    6 – renuzit cones
    2 – Hershey kisses (bags)
    1 – Gilette Venus razor
    1 – Physicians Formula Bronze Booster
    1 – Physicians Formula 3 pack eyeliners
    2 – Oreo (travel size packs)
    6 – cans of albacore tuna