FREE $20 Visa Gift Card w/ Select Allergy Products Purchase = Better than Free Items at CVS & Walgreens Expired

Great news for all you Hip2Savers who suffer from allergies! Through May 25th, snag a FREE $20 Visa Gift Card (Gone! :( ) with the new Upper Respiratory “Real Facts, Real Relief” Offer mail-in rebate found here. To snag your $20 Visa Card, just buy 3 qualifying products during the same shopping trip on the same receipt – note that you will need to buy two “Treat” Products (includes Zyrtec, Benadryl, Sudafed, or Tylenol Sinus) and one “Soothe” Product (includes Visine, Neo Eczema, Simply Saline or Kleenex). Limit one Visa Card Gift Card per person/email.

IMPORTANT: Benadryl Topical products are excluded from this rebate.

Check out a couple of deal ideas to make the most of this rebate…

CVS (starting 4/27):

Deal Scenario
Buy 1 Kleenex Ultra Soft Tissues 85 ct $2.39
Buy 2 Benadryl 24 ct OR Benadryl Liquid 4 oz $4.99 each
Total = $12.37
Use the $3/2 Sudafed Adult PE, Sudafed Children’s PE, Benadryl, Children’s Benadryl, Tylnol Sinus, Visine or Neosporin Eczema Essentials Product coupon found in the 4/13 SS
Or use the $2/2 Benadryl Products coupon found here
Pay $9.37
Submit for $20 Rebate found here
Final Cost Free + $10.63 moneymaker!

Walgreens (thru 4/26):

Deal Scenario #1
Buy 2 Benadryl Liquid Gels or Ultra tablets, 24 ct $5.79 each
Buy 1 Kleenex Ultra Soft $1.39
Total = $12.97
Or use the $2/2 Benadryl Products coupon found here
Pay $9.97
Get Back 3,000 Balance Reward Points = a $3 Reward
Submit for $20 Rebate found here
Final Cost Free + $13.03 moneymaker!

Deal Scenario #2
Buy 2 Benadryl Liquid Gels 24 ct, $5.79 each
Buy 1 Visine Allergy $5.99
Total = $17.57
Or use the $2/2 Benadryl Products coupon found here
Plus, use the  $1.50/1 Visine product coupon found here
Pay $13.07
Get Back 3,000 Balance Reward Points = a $3 Reward
Submit for $20 Rebate found here
Final Cost Free + $9.93 moneymaker!

If you can’t find the Visine coupon, head here and click on the Sign-in link in the upper right corner to log into your account at Coupons.com. Next click on your name in the upper right hand corner to show the drop down menu and finally, click on “Your Profile”, set your zip code to 68130 (Nebraska) and click “Submit Changes”. Then click back on this link and the coupon should show up already clipped.

(Thanks, The Binder Ladies, I Heart the Mart and Wild for Wags!)

• Stacy Curtis says:

Anyone have the form available? I just went to print it and it said I couldn’t because too many people replied which sucks because I bought this with that in mind. My receipt is for 5/10 but I was out of printer paper and bought some and now I tried to get it and it’s gone.

• Stacy Curtis says:

Never mind found it. Thanks!

• Cindy says:

I just called their customer service line and they have run out of the gift cards since last Thursday. If you haven’t sent out your rebate, like myself, then you might as well return the merchandise. I unfortunately cut off the upc already so I have to keep my products.

• Kali says:

Hmm, I sent it out last Tuesday, I wonder if I have a chance

• Amy Mac says:

I mailed it on 4/28. No rebate yet. So much for 3 weeks. I contacted customer service, we will see. I will become a PITA. They can either give me the $20 gift card or a refund for the products that I now can’t return. I hate companies that just say “oops, sorry, we ran out”. You can’t advertise a rebate and then not make good. I should know better. J&J rebates are always difficult.

• Kristy says:

I just emailed them in regards to mine as well. I mailed mine out on 4/22 the day after it was released. Only going from Indiana to Michigan. Still nothing back.

• Michelle says:

I mailed my rebate offer back in April and got this email today;

Hello,

• camdace says:

Has anyone received their rebate. I haven’t. How do you checking the status. I am geting a run around

• img says:

I just bought mines sadly now I have to return it

• Krista says:

I’ve never seen a rebate before where there are “limited supplies” – how in the world would you ever be able to know, and it is impossible to return the items once you have mailed off the receipt and cut out the UPC codes. It’s like a bait and switch! I’m very disappointing to be reading this is the “deal”. I hope they reconsider and honor the rebate for everyone who mailed it in by the deadline. :-(

• lizard says:

Can someone post the telephone number for contacting them about this? I sent mine on 4/26 and never got a rebate

• Carol says:

Oh my gosh, I am just now reading this. I sent my rebate in back in April and just realized it says within 3 weeks I would be getting my card and I have not received anything! You have got to be kidding me, you mean they are not honoring our rebates after we bought the stuff and now can’t return it? I am very angry right now! I even had my friend and my dad do this deal, boy do I look like an idiot! I’m going to have to pay them $20 now, too since I roped them into this!

• Mandy says:

I am super irritated as well, I sent mine in April 30th… and nothing – not even an e-mail. So I am going to be contacting the company and informing them of my disappointment… and informing them that I am aware of the loops in rebate programs as well as my rights, and that I expect my rebate to be honored, and in the event it cannot be, I feel that it is fair to inform the better business Bureau of the discrepancy of their most recent rebate offer. A firm, but cordial communication with the company mentioning the BBB is usually all a consumer needs before finding an envelope in their mailbox within a week or so….

• Chrissy says:

Mandy,
        What are the loopholes and our rights? I would like to know more about them for dealing with this and other rebates.

Thanks,

Chrissy

• Mandy says:

Under the terms and conditions for this rebate, number 6 listed clearly shows where their loophole was entered:

6.General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Offer, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Offer, as determined by
          Sponsor in its sole discretion.

So, what they will come back with is a defense of “other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the offer” – so since most of us went and bought the cheapest offer – 2 Benedryl and 1 box of Kleenex for less than $10 – that’s the comment that “covers their ***”

However, the Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Affairs, and other various agencies are not OK with this type of loophole they put into their Terms/Condidtions – because rebates are there to PROMPT CONSUMERS TO BUY OR TRY THE PRODUCT and ends up being basically enticement and not a “for the consumer” type of deal. Companies realize how this works – and while you and I among other followers here will address this – think of the thousands of consumers that nabbed up the offer and forgot about it…. So, the offer essentially boosted sales for them.

Here is a resource for putting together a letter that will be highly effective for results from McNeil regarding this rebate: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/04/rebate_maze_demand_letter.html

• Carol says:

Posting again so I can see responses.

• Climesha says:

CVC

• Louise says:

I just got an email today from Hello World. At first, I thought I won a prize…
    We’re happy to let you know that the $20 VISA® gift card you redeemed in The Upper Respiratory “Real Facts, Real Relief” Offer Program is on its way!

If we need additional information in order to fulfill your prize, we’ll be sure to contact you at this email address. Otherwise, you can expect to receive your prize within 3 weeks.

• Sarah says:

I sent mine on the 26th also and got the e-mail today saying that I would receive mine in 3 weeks. :) I almost ignored that e-mail today!

• Kali says:

Hey guys, I just got a rejection email. I sent it out the rebate on 5/12 (too bad I waited too long! But really, an all around disappointing offer since I expect they didn’t have many gift cards at all)

Hello,

As a valuable consumer, we want to offer you future savings opportunities through our HEALTHY ESSENTIALS™ program at http://www.healthyessentials.com, where you will find:
    over $50 in valuable coupons
    promotions
    lifestyle articles and other tools

We appreciate your business and participation.

McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc.

• lcdunlea says:

I just got an email from Hello World saying that I did not get the rebate and I mailed mine in on April 28th. I’m so disappointed.

• Suzanne says:

I mailed mine on 4/29. I will be a PITA too!

• Alicia derr says:

I sent mine in april too no gift card :(

• Michelle says:

I mailed my rebate April 22 and received this email today;

Hello,

• rachel says:

Can someone who received the rebate tell me what kind of prepaid card it was? I received the “sorry, we ran out of rebates” email today too, but I got a $20 visa card a week ago with no identifying info as to what rebate it was for. I thought it was for this one.

• Steven says:

I sent mine 4/28 and just got the email saying they ran out as well. Anybody know if there is anything that can be done? I have a copy of the receipt, but they made us submit the UPC’s so we can’t really return. I’ve done many rebates and this is the first time I’ve had this happen where they “run out”.

• Misty says:

I too just got the email. Not happy about it

• Nancy says:

I got the email too and am very disappointed. Has anyone tried calling yet?

• Ashley57 says:

I am VERY ANGRY because it was two per household so I did two. Now I am out the money because I had to cut the UPC. I will be e-mailing them tomorrow. Anyone have the address? Otherwise, I will look it up tomorrow. If everyone complains they will realize their mistake.

• Ashley57 says:

All – Go post to the Zyrtec Facebook page! There is already three there – if we all complain they will have to listen!

• Emily says:

There are several people posting their dissatisfaction on the Zyrtec Facebook page. If you did not receive the rebate, let them know you are unhappy there. The more people we can get the better!

• Vic says:

I got rejected. I sumbitted mine on 05/05/2014. Well, guess, which products I wont buy again. I’ll make sure my family doesnt either!

• Carol says:

I mailed both of mine in on April 28, 2014. I am highly ticked. I feel like I have been scammed and they had their product flying off the shelves because of this “deal/scam”. I have copies of everything I mailed it, but I can’t return any of the product. Boy, they really got us good! How many Visa cards did they have on-hand, a couple???? Alison, what is the phone number you called where you were offered $10?

• Deanna says:

I sent mine in on I think 4/26 or 4/27. Since it was per person/email I sent in two. I got an email on May 14th saying my gift card was on its way and then my hubby got an email on May 30th saying his was on the way too. Both said it should be here in 3 weeks. Tomorrow marks 3 weeks since I got my acceptance email so we will see if I actually get the cards in the mail. Here’s hoping!

• Was your total over $20 after coupons? Any idea why a gap between your email and your hubby’s?

• Deanna says:

No my total was not over $20. I did not buy anything travel/trial size and I even bought the exact items pictured in the rebate form just in case. I have no idea why there was such a big gap in the emails because I dropped both rebates in the mail on the same day. I thought for sure my hubby’s wasn’t going to be accepted because so many people were saying they got rejected. I guess I just got lucky.

• Stephanie says:

are there others who submitted a rebate early but have not received any email communication either way, regarding acceptance or out of offers?

• Michelle says:

I submitted my rebate the day after the offer was released. Received the rejection email yesterday. I have yet to receive an email for the rebate submitted for my husband.

• Carol says:

I called and got the $10. I had done the rebate twice since I thought I read it was 2 per household. On the rebate tear pad at the store it says one per person/per email so I did the deal for me and for my husband. They would only send me one check stating it was only suppose to be one per household. I guess $10 is better than nothing.

• Alison says:

I did the same. 1 for me, 1 for hubby (I used a family member for a second address, just in case). I had to call back to get the $10 for the second denied rebate. A pain, but I thought it was worth it.

• Stacy says:

This is the facebook page of the company processing the rebates https://www.facebook.com/HelloWorldIncorporated

• Kathy says:

My son sent his in in late April, got an email saying he wasn’t getting a card. I sent my in in mid May and got an email saying my “prize” would be shipping in 3 weeks. They said prize.

• Kitty says:

Even though I sent my rebate in a few days after the offer began, I received the rejection email that read:

“Thank you so much for your participation in our Allergy Relief Offer, but the offer has ended.
    The offer was only good while supplies lasted, and due to an overwhelming response our supply of gift cards has been exhausted. ”

I felt scammed into buying their products so I sent in a complaint about this promotion using this form (https://www.ccc-consumercarecenter.com/universal-contact-us/us-mcneil-ucu/www.mcneil-consumer.com) on their corporate website. I made sure to include the name of the promotion, the fact that I followed the instructions exactly and purchased the right products, and that I sent in all necessary materials very early on in the promotion period.

Two days later, I received this email from them that said I would get a $10 check:

“Thank you for contacting us about our Allergy Relief Offer. The offer was only good while supplies lasted, and due to an overwhelming response our supply of gift cards has been exhausted. But, we would like to reward you for your participation with a $10 check as a token of our appreciation. We care about our consumers and are thankful for your business.
    We have mailed the check to the address you provided, and you can expect it to arrive within 7-10 business days.”

Just wanted to share this with you all so you can also try to get $10 back. It seems calling them has worked for people as well. If you’re phone shy like me, emailing apparently works!

Good luck to you all!

• Ashley57 says:

FYI – I returned all of my items to Publix without a receipt and without the UPC. They just asked me to go find the same products in the store so they could scan the UPC. I got $27 back! Try to return them :)

• Katie says:

This was recently posted on Zyrtec’s Facebook page:

We sincerely apologize to those of you who were let down by the Allergy rebate promotion. We are so very sorry for disappointing you. Based on your feedback, we’ve modified the program to make sure that all qualifying submissions for the rebate are fulfilled. If you mailed in a qualifying submission before 5/25/14, but did not receive your rebate, we are processing your rebate now. We will contact you with details shortly. Thank you again to our consumers for bringing this issue to our attention. Your feedback has helped us learn, and we will be applying these learnings to all future promotions.

If you have any questions, we are here to help you. Please call 800-962-5357 to speak with a representative.

• Rachel says:

I got an email on May 9th saying my Visa card would be here in 3 weeks. Still nothing.

• scv says:

I sent my rebate on the 23rd of April and still no $20 gift card! 😒 I wonder if this is just a hype to get customers to buy their products!?!? 😠

• LoriG says:

I still have not received my rebate either (even though I was told it was being processed) I contacted them via email and this is the response I got a couple days ago.
    HOPEFULLY we will start to see our rebates SOON! And I hope it is the $20 gift card that we were originally promised.

Thank you for contacting us about our Allergy Relief Offer.

We are so very sorry for disappointing you. Based on your feedback, we’ve
    are fulfilled. If you mailed in a qualifying submission before 5/25/14, but did
    not receive your rebate, we are processing your rebate now. You should receive
    it within 2 weeks.

Thank you again to our consumers for bringing this issue to our attention. Your
    feedback has helped us learn, and we will be applying these learnings to all
    future promotions.

Lori, we appreciate you reaching out to us. If you have any comments or
    questions about our products in the future, please contact us through our
    website http://www.jnj.com or by phone 1-800-962-5357. Our specialists are available
    Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., ET and will be happy to help you.

• Kathy says:

My son just got an email. He had to register and then choose between a plastic or virtual VISA card.

I’m still waiting on my email.

• Kathy says:

Oh yeah, he originally got the rejection email.

• shiniqua31 says:

I also received an email today. I had to register then choose a virtual or physical visa gift card that would be mailed in 5-7 business days. If you choose the virtual, you can begin using it online immediately.

• Sarah Sheridan says:

I still haven’t received anything and I was one of the few that actually got an acceptance e-mail and was never denied. You would think I would have gotten tome thing by now. I actually have put in a few other rebates just in the past 6 weeks and have already received checks for those! :(

• LoriG says:

WOOHOO!!! I FINALLY got mine today. $20 visa gift card. I did NOT get an email asking virtual or physical.

• Kathy says:

Got mine in today’s mail too. I got one of the “winning” emails.

• Tisha says:

Still waiting! When I contacted McNeil they said they have passed everything on to Helloworld.com. Told me I should contact them and actually gave me the web address. I cannot figure out who to email or what to do :( Bummer!

• Tisha says:

Woo Hoo! Just got it!

• jen says:

i contacted mcneil for a 3rd time yesterday and she apologized said she would forward my concerns. and today i got an email that with a code for a$20 prepaid visa card.

• amanda fletcher says:

is there a phone number or something i can call to see whats taking so long for this gift card? i still have yet to receive mine and its been about 2 months or so. and i never received an email for it either.