Walgreens: Points Booster Promo Scenario + More

Calling all you Walgreens Shoppers! Through May 13th, you can score 5,000 Bonus Points (which is equal to a $5 reward) when you make a $25 purchase with the in ad coupon available in the weekly ad. This coupon makes for some sweet deals when paired with the weekly sales! Here is just one idea…

Deal Scenario:

Buy 1 Colgate Total Advanced Mouthwash 16.9 oz $3.99
Buy 1 Neilmed Wound Wash 5.98 oz $5
Buy 1 Firefly Toothbrushes 3 count on sale for $1.99
Buy 2 Huggies Pull-Ups Jumbo Packs $8.99 each
Total = $28.96
Use the $1/1 Firefly Product regional coupon found in the 5/4 SS
Plus, use the $1/1 Colgate Mouthwash or Mouth Rinse 8 oz+ coupon found in the 4/27 or 5/11 SS
Plus, use two $3/1 Huggies Pull-Ups Training Pants coupons found here (when you share)
And be sure to use the Points Booster Promo in ad coupon
Pay out of pocket —> $20.96
Get back 3,000 Balance Rewards points (= a $3 reward) for Huggies
And, get back a $2.50 RR for Colgate
And, get back a $5 RR for Neilmed
And, get back 5,000 BONUS Rewards points for spending $25 (= a $5 reward)
Final cost $5.46 for all (when you take into account the Register Rewards and points earned)

If you’re not wanting to pay so much out of pocket, but are still hungry to score a *HOT* deal (or two!), check out this scenario…

Transaction #1:

Buy Neilmed Wound Cleanser $5
Pay out of pocket —> $5 (+ tax)
Get back a $5 RR

*NOTE – for transaction #2 (below), you’ll need a filler item. Be on the lookout for those orange clearance stickers marked throughout the store. I spotted Elf Cosmetics products on clearance for only 25¢ – perfect filler item for your coupon to item ratio!

Transaction #2:

Buy 2 All Detergent products $2.99
each
Buy 3 Mars Candy 1.14 to 2.17 oz $0.59 each with in ad coupon
Buy 1 Elf Cosmetic Item 25¢ (or another filler item for your coupon to item ratio)
Total for all 6 items = $8
Use two $1/1 All Detergent coupons found in the 5/11 RP or here
(Or use the $2/2 All Product coupon found in the 4/6 RP)
Plus, use the buy 2 get 1 FREE Snickers coupon found here
(Or use the buy 2 get 1 FREE M&M’s coupon found here)
AND- use the $5 RR earned from the Transaction #1
Pay $0.41 (+ tax)
Earn $1 cash back via Checkout51 for purchasing All detergent GONE :(

Final cost for both transactions -  only $5.41 (+ tax) for ALL 7 items!! :D

And for those of you with a sweet tooth, don’t forget about this awesome deal you can score on Werther’s caramels this week…

Werther’s Original 2/$3
Use two $1/1 Werther’s Original coupons found here (join the Caramel Club)

Or use the $1/1 Werther’s Original Sugar Free Candy coupon found here (guess the number of caramels)
Final cost  ONLY 2/$1, just $0.50 per bag!

Happy Shopping!

• Nia says:

Is the Checkout51 All offer still available for others? Mine says it is gone.

• Vanessa says:

Just when I thought I was going to skip Walgreens this week. THanks Collin for all that you do.

• Tammy says:

The All offer on checkout 51 is gone.

• Heather says:

My ALL offer is gone, but it does say new offer on Thursday….so hopefully that means the same deal.

• Lynn says:

Just wondering…can you do the points booster coupon multiple times or is it once per card? Also, I was trying to understand the fine print, it looks like you can’t redeem points and get the bonus in the same transaction, can someone clarify? I am new to this site and new to walgreens shopping! I have always found them a little confusing with all the rules so I stopped going there, however, there are so many good deals!

• Becka says:

You can not redeem point and earn in the same transaction at Walgreens.

• I Love Shopping says:

I need help clarifying too, if I buy items that generate register rewards only, can I pay with points? Then vice versa, if I buy items that earn points only( i.e. gillette and booster points) can I pay with register rewards? Collin, do you already have a video on this? Sorry, if I missed it.

• Leslie says:

I’ve done the points booster twice already using the same card. I plan to do it a couple more times today.

• seema says:

Can the total be $25 before Walgreens coupons as well or after Walgreen’s coupons?

• I Love Shopping says:

Oh, and I have a manufacturers coupon for each item I am buying.

• Mel says:

I have almost 40,000 points at Walgreens and I can never find a way to use them since you can’t use points on a transaction where you earn points and that’s most of the sale items!

• Justine says:

I was just told at a Walgreens that I have to have my total over $25 AFTER all coupons in order to use the point booster. I have been looking all over the walgreens website and I can’t find the answer anywheres. I called the 800 number and they said the same thing. Is this new because I swear I have done it before with coupons and it was fine.

• Nicole says:

I don’t get how these transactions work either. I’ve tried booster point offers before (with MQ only to lower oop) and they’ve never generated the extra points! Cashiers told me I definitely had to spend $25 oop, and when I called corporate they confirmed that it HAD to be $25 oop. I don’t know why it works for some people paying less. Definitely not with my card!

• emma says:

Yes, my store and corporate told me the same thing. $25 cash money oop, after coupons. hip2 save, krazycoupon lady and others come up with these scenarios that technically should not work.

• Laurel says:

I had this same problem, but when I called customer service (855-225-0400) they added the 5000 points to my account. They told me that the total only has to be $25 before the mfg coupons.

• K says:

I believe it has to be over $25 after Walgreens coupons but before mfg coupons – I’ve done it in the past many times and my total oop was less then the $25 because of my mfg coupons… They may have changed it this time though – I will have to try it out

• Natalie says:

They are wrong.I just did the points booster deal a few times yesterday and all my transactions were around $15 after coupons.On one transaction my total was about $27 and then I had them scan my walgreens rewards card and then the points booster coupon and then they scanned all my coupons.I earned all my booster points on my transactions.

• Suzanne says:

What is “item to coupon ratio?” Thanks!

• susan says:

I think it’s AFTER all coupons too. I bought $27 worth of products, but $18 after manufacturer coupons and didn’t get the 5,000 points.

• Justine says:

“item to coupon ration” means there can only be one manufacturer coupon per item. If you have a BOGO coupon that is 2 items but 1 coupon so you could use a Register Reward coupon with that transaction. That is why Collin will have fillers such as the Elf cosmetics in this scenerio.

• Anita Brann says:

I just did 5 transactions. Scan items, scan Wags cpns, make sure total is $25, scan booster cpn and then scan mfg cpns. Recieved 5000 points everytime.

• sid says:

I did it yesterday with nasocort, firefly and neilmed.. it wrks. Remember coupon ratio and always scan point booster before coupons and found out u can not use store credit and get points, its messes up the whole transaction.

• Maria says:

Just came back from Walgreen and I was told I could use mfg coupon with the 5000 busters poing.

• Diana says:

Just came back from walgreens-
      Nivea 2.5oz lotion- $2.69
      3 packs bic razors- $2.99
      3 speed stick- $12
      4 revlon shadow clicks- $8.97
      Walgreens sunscreen lotion on clearance for $0.49!!!! (Reg $9.99!)
      Total= $33.13- $4 revlon wags q, -$2 nivea mq, $4 speedstick bogo mq, $2 speedstick mq, $8 revlon mq, $9 bic mq= $4.13 + tax- rcvd $5 booster and $1 speed stick rr!!!
      T2=
      Woundwash $5- used points and got back $5 :)
      T3-
      4 Spaghettios- 4/$5
      Caramel candy (filler)- $0.39
      Clear eyes – $3.99- $2 wags q, -$1 mq
      Pd $0.70 in tax!!!!!!
      Total oop $7.91 for 19 items= $0.41 each item!!!

• Ginger says:

So how can I use the points booster with my Almay coupons ? Will it work as long as I start at $25 not including then IvC coupon?