There are some incredible discounts, special services, and freebies available for all service members, vets, and their families. Thank YOU for your incredible service to our country. ❤️
- Free admission – Available to current US military members and the dependents of deployed military in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard, as well as most members of the Current US Reserves and National Guard. Proper military ID is required (CAC Card or DoD Form 1173).
- Covers entrance to Fish and Wildlife Service and National Park Service sites that charge Entrance Fees, and Standard Amenity Fees at Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Reclamation sites.
- Admits the pass owners and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle at per vehicle fee areas, or the pass owner and up to additional 3 adults at sites that charge per person.
- Waves of Honor permits any U.S. active duty military, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman to one complimentary admission per year to either SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Water Country USA, or Sesame Place or Aquatica SeaWorld’s Waterpark in San Diego for military personnel and as many as three direct dependents. The offer is valid for one park and one visit only.
- Active duty service member must provide military ID.
- Military Promotional Park Hopper Tickets: Purchase through December 16th, 2016 and receive admission on any 3 days for just $143. Valid for admission January 3rd through March 19th, 2016 and April 2nd through December 19th, 2016.
- This offer is available to active or retired members of the U.S. Military or their spouses including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard.
- No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse.
- For more information, please contact your participating U.S. Military base ticket office.
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort– When you book this package, you also qualify for 50% off food and beverage (non-alcoholic) in the Swan and Dolphin’s world-class restaurants and lounges or 10% off food and beverage (non-alcoholic) in Todd English’s bluezoo, Shula’s Steak House or Il Mulino New York Trattoria.
- Shades of Green– Receive discounted rates on reservations throughout the year.
Lowe’s established the 10% Military Discount to support the men and women who are currently serving our country in the Armed Services and to honor retired veterans and VA recipients. This 10% discount is also extended to the immediate family3 of those who are currently serving, retired veterans or VA recipients.
To qualify for the Everyday 10% Military Discount, you must:
- Be currently serving in, or retired from, a qualifying branch of the Armed Services or be the immediate family member of someone who is and have a valid military ID card.
- Be a veteran who receives VA benefits and have a valid Veteran Identification Card (VIC)
Simply present your military ID card at the register to receive 10% off your entire purchase everyday!
You must present proof of your military service, past or present, or Military Dependent ID upon checkout to receive your discount – 10% off your entire purchase everyday.
7) Best Western
Best Western hotels offer low discount hotel rates based on U.S. government per diem for government employees, military personnel traveling on official business or leisure.
- All federal and state government employees with credentials.
- Military personnel/civilian military personnel
- Tax funded hospital and university personnel
- Cost reimbursable contractors
Discounted rates available to the following:
- Government/Military employees on official travel status
- Government reimbursement contractors on official government business
- City, State or County workers on official business in the state they work in
- Active/retired military or their dependants on leisure travel
- Members of certain government/military associates on leisure travel
- Appropriate identification will be required upon check-in
They also just added the new Choice Privileges Armed Services program that allows active duty or reserve military members, retired military, National Guard, U.S. Coast Guard and eligible spouses/dependants to join their Choice Privileges rewards program at the Elite Gold level.
- To receive the military discount on a Nike.com order, please give them a call.
- Nike stores require a valid US military ID
10) Under Armour
Under Armour now offers a 10% Military discount off the entire purchase for Active Duty, Retirees, Veterans, Military Spouses, Military Family Members, as well as a 10% First Responder Discount for active Police, Fire and EMT customers. You can receive your discount while shopping online by verifying your eligibility with ID.me.
11) General Motors
GM Military Discount eligibility- Active Duty members, Reservists, National Guard members, Veterans within one year of discharge date and Retirees — including their spouses — of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard are eligible.
Veteran’s Holidays offers week-long resort stays for just $349 on a space-available basis. They offer over 200,000 resort accommodations in over 100 countries in a wide range of unit sizes from studio to two or even three bedrooms. Vacation rentals are priced per unit, not per person, and typically sleep 2-8.
- A membership with Veterans Holidays is free to all veterans of the U.S. military.
In Honor of Our Troops Foundation is a non-profit that offers veterans one free vacation per year, and discounted accommodations anytime.
- The foundation gives veterans the chance to spend a week in one of nearly 100 locations, including Colorado, Hawaii, California and Mexico. Though accommodations are covered, airfare is not and applicants are required to pay a small, nonrefundable processing fee ($75-$150) to apply.
- The foundation asks veterans to apply at least six weeks before their desired vacation dates.
Eligibility Requirements: Vacations for Warriors mission is to provide nice vacations to the medically retired, former or active combat wounded service members and their immediate family members.
Their criteria for granting a vacation is generally an 80%-100% or greater combined disability rating with a single physical disability rating of 30% or greater for injuries or wounds sustained during combat in one of the following specific categories:
- Blindness/loss of vision
- Severe Burns
- Spinal cord injury/paralysis
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Loss of one limb, arm or leg, or more.
15) United Airways
To thank U.S. military veterans, active duty military, National Guard and Reserve members, and their families for their service, United is proud to provide Veterans Advantage® members with up to a 5 percent discount on tickets for United- and United Express®-operated flights purchased on united.com.
16) Jet Blue
Those enrolled in Veterans Advantage will get a 5% discount on everyday JetBlue travel to 85+ destinations. Those enrolled in TrueBlue will also qualify to earn TrueBlue points on travel booked with the 5% off discounted fare.Learn more about how you can take advantage of this discount.
They offer a special military fare class (MIL) for active duty military personnel not traveling on orders. This does not provide a percentage discount, but does remove any advanced-purchase requirements, which may result in a lower fare in the event that the advanced-purchase price has expired. Learn more about how you can take advantage of this discount.
Bags can be checked for no fee under the following circumstances:
- Active duty traveling for duty (and dependents)
- 5 bags each for you and dependents traveling with you on the same itinerary
- You will be required to show travel orders and DoD Common Access Card
- Active duty traveling for leisure (and dependents)
- 2 bags each for you and dependents traveling with you on the same itinerary
- You will be required to show DoD
The thousands of troops and their families who pass through New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) every year will now have a new place to call home. The fully-stocked center, donated by JetBlue, is located in JFK’s Terminal 5 directly across from baggage carousel number two on the street level in the arrivals area.
Save 15% with a Veterans Advantage VetRewards Card
- Passengers holding a valid VetRewards Card are eligible to receive a 15% discount on most adult rail fares on most Amtrak trains to any of their destinations.
- Cardholder, immediate family members, spouses and dependents (up to seven persons total) are eligible to receive the 15% discount on most Amtrak rail fares.
A complimentary 1-Day Pass to the San Diego Zoo and/or the San Diego Zoo Safari Park is offered to U.S. Armed Forces, including active duty members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard; members of the Reserve components (Ready Reserve, National Guard, and Reservists in training); and cadets of service academies and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy. This is exclusively for active duty service members.
19) Wireless Companies
Project Evergreen offers complimentary lawn and landscape services, and snow and ice removal services for the families of currently deployed military personnel, and post 9/11 disabled veterans with a service-connected disability.
Eligibility Requirements for Disabled Veterans
- Post 9/11 veterans with a service-connected disability
- Must submit (via email or mail) a Veterans Administration letter of disability
- Eligible veterans may receive a maximum of two years of complimentary service; eligible veterans must submit an application for service annually.
21) Vet Tix
Vet Tix provides complimentary tickets to sporting events, concerts, performing arts, educational and family activities across the nation, which reduce stress, strengthen family bonds, build life-long memories and encourage service members and veterans to stay engaged with local communities and American life. VetTixers sign up online, and then they mail you the tickets.
Universal Studios Hollywood offers phenomenal discount options to all active and retired U.S. military personnel all year long! Eligible members include DOD personnel, National Guard, Reservists and their dependents. These special military rates are not available at the Universal Studios Hollywood box office, and can only be obtained at participating MWR/ITT offices.
Tutor.com for U.S. Military Families, funded by the U.S. Department of Defense and Coast Guard Mutual Assistance, is a program that allows eligible students (grades K-12) and service members in U.S. military families to connect to a live tutor online at any time for one-to-one help with homework, studying, test prep, proofreading and more at no cost.
Birdies for the Brave provides complimentary and discounted military ticketing throughout the PGA Tour season.
Our Military Kids provides grants for sports, fine arts, camps, and tutoring programs to children whose parent is National Guard or Reserve deployed overseas and has at least 60 days remaining on the orders.
Operation: Love Reunited is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides free professional photography sessions and photo gifts to our military families dealing with a deployment. They have photographers located world-wide, as well as a branch in Australia covering their military.
Operation Heal Our Patriots gives wounded veterans and their spouses the opportunity for spiritual refreshment, physical renewal, and marriage enrichment. They continue to support these men and women after their initial stay, keeping their spiritual needs and marriages a priority.
28) A.C. Moore
A.C. Moore offers 15% off your regular and sale price purchase every time you shop. All you need is your military ID.
Written by Danielle for Hip2Save. Danielle is a proud mom to 5 amazing kids in Utah, who lives for coffee and baking. She’s dedicated to balancing her own interests and passions, while encouraging her children to follow their own paths in life.