Love caramel apples, but find them to be kind of a pain to make and to eat?
Try this simple idea of slicing apples, and then dipping them in chocolate and drizzling with caramel! The result is an easy to make Fall treat the family can all enjoy!
Dipped Caramel Chocolate Apple Slices
*Recipe adapted from DomesticallyBlissful.com
- 3 Large Green Apples, sliced into 3/4 inch thick pieces
- 10 oz. Chocolate Melting Pieces, such as Ghirardelli Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1 cup wrapped Caramel Candy Squares plus 1 teaspoon cream (I used vanilla coffee creamer)
- Any Desired toppings such as chopped nuts, pretzels, candy bars, sprinkles, etc.
- Lollipop Sticks
- Clean and slice apples into 3/4 inch slices while also removing seeds.
- Use a paper towel to remove the excess juice on each slice to ensure chocolate will stick.
- Carefully insert the lollypop making sticks into the slices from the bottom.
- Melt chocolate in microwave, according to package instructions.
- Dip apples in melted chocolate and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place apples in fridge until chocolate is set.
- Melt caramel candy with a little cream or coffee creamer in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time until melted, making sure to stir well.
- Drizzle caramel onto apples and add any additional topping desired.
- 3 apples made about 10 finished slices. Store in fridge until ready to serve to avoid melting.
Important Notes: Be sure to remove excess juice from apples, or the chocolate WILL NOT stick to wet apples. If the chocolate becomes clumpy, try re-melting for a few seconds and stirring again. You want a thin shiny consistency for best results. I really liked the chocolate melting wafers, but if you decide to substitute chocolate chips it helps to add a little oil when melting to get a smooth consistency. Also, if you prefer no apple core at all, just cut out core first and do normal apples slices. The result would be a different shape then mine, but big enough to still fit a candy stick inside.
These would make a really fun party treat! My family really enjoyed eating them.
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.