Love cheesecake and eggnog?
Here’s how to easily combine these two delicious treats into a dense and creamy mouthwatering cheesecake! This is a PERFECT make ahead dessert for your holiday gathering that requires very little hands on time and will become the hit of the party!
It’s seriously that GOOD.
I made mine with a classic graham cracker crust but you could alternatively use gingersnap cookies for a fun variation. The eggnog taste is pretty subtle and not overpowering so you could come up with a special sauce or topping. I usually just top with fresh whipped cream, but have recently learned to make stabilized whipped cream using a little unflavored gelatin so it will stay perfect for days, instead of wilting right away.
Adapted from allrecipes.com, 16 servings
1 and 3/4 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1/2 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
4 Tablespoons Butter, melted
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
3- (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 Cup Eggnog
1 cup granulated white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract or 2 Tablespoons Rum
1 pinch of nutmeg
*Whipping Cream for Serving (Recipe HERE for Stabilized Whipped Cream Frosting Pictured)
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, cinnamon, and brown sugar together and press it into a 9 inch Springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a food processor, add cream cheese, eggnog, granulated sugar, flour, then process until smooth, which should be super quick! (You can also use mixer or beaters, but I love how quick the food processor is.)
- Blend in eggs, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture on top of the cooled crust.
- Bake at 425 for ten minutes. Reduce heat to 250 and bake for another 45-50 minutes until the center of cake is barely firm to the touch.
- Let cake cool before removing rim.
- Refrigerate overnight for best results.
- Top with whipped cream if desired before serving.
I am a relatively new cheesecake baker and was under the impression they were difficult to make for a long time, but I think it’s pretty easy, dangerously easy in fact! lol
This cheesecake is such a show stopper! I really love the texture and classic taste. The crust is perfect too. What a yummy Christmas treat!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 small kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.