Looking for a tasty meal that’s also low carb and easy to make? 🍜
Check out this Egg Roll in a Bowl recipe featuring Chinese food inspired flavors, sliced veggies, and ground pork for a yummy and filling one pan meal.
Egg Roll in a Bowl
Adapted from bunsinmyoven.com, Serves 4
- 1 pound ground sausage (you could also sub with ground turkey, ground beef etc.)
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded or spiralized
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Cook ground sausage with sliced white onion in a large skillet over medium heat, making sure meat is crumbled and cooked through. Do not drain.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, and soy sauce.
- Add cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, and stir for a few minutes until softened.
- Remove from heat, stir in sesame oil, and top with green onions.
Note: I used my Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer to slice the cabbage, which made it easy. You could also shred using a cheese grater or knife to thinly chop if desired. To make the recipe even faster, you could also substitute with prepackaged coleslaw mix.
We loved how this Egg Roll in a Bowl tasted and how easy it is to prepare as a one pan stir fry meal!
You can easily add and subtract ingredients to taste. Next time I may add an egg or two! Overall, this is a must try idea!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.