Need a comforting one pot meal the entire family will enjoy?!
This Old Fashioned Goulash recipe is so delicious and easy to make with pantry staples you most likely already have on hand. It’s one of those meals you can definitely customize, season to taste, and add any additional ingredients as desired.
Topping with cheese at the end is optional but definitely makes it over the top YUMMY! The consistency turns out a little thicker like a casserole than a soup, and the leftovers are tasty as well.
Adapted from MyIncredibleRecipes.com, Serves 8
2 pounds ground beef
1 large yellow onion, diced
3 teaspoons minced garlic
2 (15.oz.) cans tomato sauce
2 (15oz.) cans diced tomatoes
2 cups water
1 cup beef broth
3 Bay Leaves
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
2 teaspoons Paprika
1 Tablespoon Seasoned Salt (or to taste)
1/2 Tablespoon Black Pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups elbow macaroni pasta, uncooked
1 and 1/2 cups shredded cheese ( I used Colby/Cheddar)
- In a large pan on the stove, brown and crumble meat with onion and garlic.
- Pour in water, broth, oil, tomato sauce, & diced tomatoes.
- Stir in paprika, black pepper, salt, and Italian seasonings. Add Bay leaves.
- Let simmer on low for about 20 minutes, covered.
- Stir in elbow macaroni and let simmer for another 20 minutes. Remove Bay Leaves.
- Top with cheese and close lid to melt.
This was so good and a big hit at my house! What an easy and comforting family meal. The leftovers were yummy, too!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 small kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.