This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 at 10:45 pm.
* If you can’t see the video, click here.
So today’s video is different than most as it’s not about deals (sorry!). Instead, I give you a behind the scenes look at what life is like as a mom, wife, and blogger. Watch the video to see what I’m up to during the day and on the weekends. I even show you what I truly look like on a busy blogging day – still in my pajamas with un-brushed hair and a make-up free face. Pretty scary! ;)
This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 at 2:16 pm.
Holiday Deal (sent in by reader, Amy)…
PetSmart has gift cards available that include $100 in coupons. They can be for ANY denomination!
I put $6 on one so that I could purchase a holiday stocking which also has $10 in coupons, along with the yummy treats. (NOTE from Collin – I actually spotted various other Pet Holiday collection packs that include $150 worth of coupon and some of these packs start at just $5.99, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for these).
PetSmart typically has great sales between now and Christmas. Last year for Black Friday they had all the treat stockings 50% off, including the ones with the coupons and the treats you can use the coupons on.
Coupons in the Holiday Pet Collection Packs (exp 1/31/15)
$2.50/1 any GNC Pets Dog Supplements and Shampoos (excludes trial sizes)
$1/1 GNC Pets Dog Treats
$2/1 any CONAIR Product
$2/1 any Furminator Shampoo or Shed Cloth
$2/1 any Nature’s Miracle Shampoo
$10/1 any Drinkwell Ceramic Dog Fountain
$10/1 any KONG or Top Paw Wire Crates
$10/1 any Top Paw 65 sq ft Food Storage
$1/1 any Grreat Choice Waste Pick-Up Bag Dispenser or Pick-Up Bags
50% off 1 package of Shout pickup pads
(With purchase of any gallon sized pro-strength product)
$10/1 Pawsitively Clean by BISSELL Carpet Cleaning Machine Rental
$3/1 Pawsitively Clean By BISSELL Stain & Odor Product
$2/1 any Nature’s Miracle Stain & Odor Product, 32 oz+
$10/1 any KONG or Martha Stewart Pets Dog Bed
$5/1 any Top Paw Dog Collar
$10/1 any PetSafe Pawz Away Mini Barrier
$1/1 ToysRUs or PuppiesRUs Dog Toy
$2/1 any Martha Stewart Pets Dog Toy
$1.50/1 any Nylabone Dog Toy (on $5.99+ purchase)
$5 off any grooming salon purchase of $20 or more
FREE Puppy Playtime Session ($10 value!)
25% off Private Training Classes (up to $60 off!)
Coupons in the Gift Card Booklet (exp 2/28/15):
Save $2 on any Grreat Choice dog or cat dry food
Save $3 on any Simply Nourish dog or cat dry food
Save $3 on any Authority dog or cat dry food
Save $2 on any ExquisiCat cat litter
Save $10 on machine rental when you buy any Pawsitively Clean by BISSELL full size machine formula
Save $3 on any Pawsitively Clean by BISSELL stain and odor prduct
Buy any Petsmart 30 min or 1 hour private training session save 50%
Save $4 on any FURminatir Grooming Tool
Save $2.50 on any GNC Pets dog or car supplements and shampoos
Save $1 on any GNC Pets dog or cat treats
Save $5 on any Litter Genie Plus Pail
Save $5 on any Purina Tidy Cats Breeze Litter System
Save $1 on any Marineland food or water care
Save $1 on any Marineland plant item
Save $1 on any Marineland canister filter media
Save $2 on any Marineland desktop kit under 10G
Save $5 on any Marineland desktop kit 10G and over
Save $3 on any Marineland penguin or emperor filter
Save $4 on any aquatics ornament $9.99 and up
Save $4 on any gravel 25lb bag
Save $4 on any artificial plant $9.99 and up
Save $3 on any fish purchase of $10 or more
Save $3 on any power filter cartridge pack
Save $5 on any aquatic heater 50-300 Watt
Save $3 on any Top Fin cleaning tool
Save $3 on any Top Fin Gravel Vac
Save $2 on any All Living Things reptile bulb
Save $4 on any All Living Things dome lamp
Save $5 on any Top Dog Groom Package bath or full groom at the grooming salon
Save $2 on any pet expression at the grooming salon
Coupons in the Treat Stockings:
Save $2 on any Dentley’s Traditional Rawhide (exp 3/15/15)
Save $2 on any Dentley’s Combination Rawhide (exp 3/15/15)
Save $2 on any Dentley’s Compressed Rawhide (exp 3/15/15)
Save $2 on any Dentley’s Nature’s Chews including bones, ears and bully (exp 3/15/15)
Save $1 on any Dentley’s Granulated Rawhide (exp 3/15/15)
Save $1 on any Dentley’s petholiday Rawhide or Chew (exp 12/24/14)
PLUS – now through December 28th, spend $35 on dog or cat food, treats, rawhide or cat litter AND get a $5 coupon on your receipt valid on your next in-store purchase of dog or cat food, treats, rawhide or cat litter.
This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Tuesday, November 18th, 2014 at 8:43 am.
With the holidays quickly approaching, I often receive emails from readers regarding whether the amount that you actually spend out-of-pocket on a gift should be given any merit. In other words, if you are able to snag a great gift for super cheap (or even free) after sales and/or coupons, should it be worth any less in the eyes of the gift recipient versus a gift that you paid the full price for?
Here are my thoughts…
It shouldn’t matter whether you spend $50 or $2 or whether you get something free! The money that you put into a gift is NOT the important part, what really should count is the thought behind the gift. Plus, doesn’t snagging a great deal or even scoring something for FREE require time and energy?
As harsh as this likely sounds, if someone ever makes you feel uncomfortable regarding a gift you give them or someone else, I would not consider them a “real” friend. We are all here to help one another and our families stretch those hard-earned dollars and save money where we can. There’s absolutely NOTHING wrong with that! In fact, other people should commend you for your efforts.
Being able to pay it forward with free or inexpensive products you receive is NOT something any of you should be embarrassed about. Be proud of the gifts you’re able to give — no matter the cost! :)
What are your thoughts on this topic? Do you agree or disagree with me?
This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Monday, November 17th, 2014 at 1:56 pm.
Can you believe that Black Friday is less than 2 weeks away!? With that being said, I would love to know what items are on your Black Friday or holiday shopping list this year! Please share the items that you are most hoping to score a deal on this year and then I’ll read through the comments and compile the Top Ten Most Wanted Black Friday Items and list any bargains I can find. So…get to sharing! :)
This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Wednesday, November 12th, 2014 at 1:55 pm.
Holiday Savings Tip (sent in by reader, Charla)…
My holiday shopping stays in check by having a plan. I’ve found my biggest holiday over-indulgence was kids’ presents. Not only are kids just so fun to shop for, there are so many great deals year-round. I found that shopping the sales early led to a mountain of gifts and ultimately over-spending. Then a few years ago I heard a rhyme that completely changed how I shop for my kids. For the holidays, each kid receives:
Additionally, Santa brings one gift. With this rhyme in mind, I plan my shopping and stick to my plan. Of course I still look for deals on these items, but it keeps all shopping in check (and prevents the post-holiday toy avalanche).
Note from Collin:
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments on this topic. Last year a reader emailed in with the following question and it generated lots of discussion…
How many gifts do you give your kids for Christmas? My husband thinks I give our kids too much. I give them about 15 each from us and they get big stuff from Santa. I also give about 6 gifts to the whole family like games. Do you think this is too much? I don’t want to spoil my kids with stuff, but I want them to have a great Christmas!
This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Wednesday, November 12th, 2014 at 11:11 am.
With the holidays upon us, I thought it might be fun once again to create a place for all of you to share your small and/or home-based businesses (i.e. Etsy, Avon, Scentsy, etc.) with other readers and/or to offer Hip2Save readers a special discount on products that you sell. I have posted this quite a few times now on Hip2Save and it has always been quite a hit!
OK, so have at it and feel free to share your small business with the Hip2Save community! :)
This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 at 11:57 am.
Holiday Tip (sent in by reader, Maria)…
Once our two daughters reached their teen years, we found that their Christmas wish lists became shorter, while the items on the list became more sophisticated (read as “electronic”) a/k/a more expensive. The good old days of small and sometimes inexpensive gifts were a thing of the past.
Last year, I decided to make countdown calendars (a/k/a Advent calendars) for my girls so that I could give them small items everyday for 24 days, and then one or two larger items from their wish lists on Christmas morning. The “calendar” wasn’t really a calendar at all. It was separately wrapped items numbered 1-24 and set out all around the living room where we place our Christmas tree. This year, I am planning to decorate an over-the-door shoe organizer; most of them have 24 pockets already and the pockets will accommodate many different sized items.
The possibilities for countdown calendars are pretty much endless, and can be super elaborate to super simple. Pretty much anything can be used to create this fun-to-make and fun-to-receive item. To fill the “calendar,” I have already purchased the Pez dispenser Target gift cards that Collin featured, as well as The Body Shop Groupon Offers. I have also been saving samples received in the mail throughout the year. Small makeup, lip glosses, little lotions, little nail polishes, perfume samples and the like are absolutely perfect for my girls’ countdown calendars. Some of the pockets will include play money that my girls can cash in when their study abroad trips come up next year.
This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Monday, November 3rd, 2014 at 12:37 pm.
Wow! The time is getting close. Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are just around the corner and will be here before we know it! With that being said, watch the video below if you didn’t get a chance to last year – I share my top Black Friday Shopping tips (and then check out all of the tips listed below the video)…
(If you can’t see the video, go here.)
My top 12 Black Friday shopping tips:
(1) Be prepared. Before you head out to the store, research the Black Friday ads (which I will be posting as the become available) and outline exactly what you would like to purchase. And to be extra prepared, you can even research the layout of your store, so you’ll know exactly where to head to grab the items on your list.
(2) Be ready to stand in line for quite a long time. Wear comfy shoes and appropriate outerwear and consider leaving the kiddos at home (if this is not possible, bring toys or other items to keep them entertained while shopping).
(3) Know your store’s hours (some stores are opening on Thanksgiving night while others are waiting until the wee hours of Friday morning). Again, I will be posting store-specific information in the coming days.
(4) Familiarize yourself with each store’s price matching and/or coupon policy. Keep in mind that many stores have created special price matching policies specific for Black Friday.
(5) Make a list! This will keep you focused and will definitely help to prevent you from being tempted to purchase additional items that are not on the list.
(6) Remember to ask yourself whether the great deal you see is actually a great deal for you. You may also want to research online prices versus in-store prices, as you can often snag better deals online even when you factor in shipping costs. Plus, think about the time and gas saved when shopping online! Love that!
(7) Keep those receipts! After the adrenaline rush is over, you may realize that you got caught up in the Black Friday craziness and purchased items that you really do not want. As long as you have the receipt, you should be able to return them and get a full refund.
(8) Go with your mom, sister, or a friend. Plan ahead and plan to split up so you can snag items for each other. It’s the only way I’ve figured out to help you be in two places at once! If you don’t want to go to separate stores, you can each start out on separate ends of the same store and meet in the middle after you’ve snatched up as many of the things on your (and each other’s) lists as you could along the way.
(9) Gas up the night before so you don’t waste precious sleep OR shopping time at the pump. Also, map out your route based on store opening times to minimize backtracking and missing out on doorbuster items you’re planning to purchase.
(10) Don’t give up! If the item you are looking for is not on the shelf or display, check the front of the store where other shoppers may have left items they weren’t sure about before checking out. Or, check with your cashier to see if someone happened to change their mind at the register and leave the item you were looking for there.
(11) Be friendly. You will be amazed at how people will help each other, even in the craziness, if they are approached with kindness.
(12 ) And my favorite tip of all… skip Black Friday and wait for Cyber Monday instead! There is nothing better than snagging *HOT* deals from the comfort of your own home in your favorite PJ’s!
This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Wednesday, October 29th, 2014 at 1:40 pm.
Do you have a unique holiday savings tip or have you recently scored an awesome bargain on a holiday deal?
If so, this post is for you! Starting Wednesday, November 5th (and every Wednesday through December 17th), I’m going to feature one lucky Hip2Save reader’s creative/unique holiday savings tip and/or a current holiday deal (that other readers hopefully can take advantage of too!). If your submission is selected and posted on Hip2Save.com, you will score a FREE $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Are you interested in contributing? If so, please send an email to holiday@hip2save(dot)com with the Subject Line “Hip2Save Holiday Submission” with the following required information:
(1) First Name and Last Initial
(2) Primary email address that you want us to use to correspond with you
(3) Paragraph(s) focused on either of the topics mentioned above. Correct grammar and punctuation is much appreciated. When appropriate, please provide step by step instructions.
(4) Image(s) that may be published on Hip2Save (please do NOT send copyrighted photos). Note that at least one image is required (more than one is definitely preferred). Please make every effort to send clear images.
Get your thinking caps on… :D
This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Monday, October 27th, 2014 at 1:40 pm.
IMPORTANT NEWS for all of you who have purchased baby wipes recently! Effective October 25th, there has been a nationwide voluntary product recall on select baby wipes distributed by the company Nutek Disposables as some packages may contain bacteria.
This recall affects wipes that were manufactured under the brand names including Cuties, Diapers.com, Femtex, Fred’s, Kidgets, Member’s Mark, Simply Right, Sunny Smiles, Tender Touch, and Well Beginnings. These wipes were distributed by Nutek prior to October 21st, 2014 to the following retail stores: Walgreens, Sam’s Club, Family Dollar, Fred’s, and Diapers.com. For more information, go here.
*Consumers who have purchased this product can return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-855-646-4351, Monday through Friday, 10 AM – 4 PM EDT.