If you’re into fashion, enjoy receiving surprises in the mail, and have wiggle room in your budget, this may be your new favorite splurge too!
(NOTE, if you’re not into fashion and/or adding new clothing piece to your wardrobe, but know a friend or family member who is, you can buy Stitch Fix gift cards which would make a really fun and unique Christmas gift idea!)
Stitch Fix basically offers a personalized shopping experience WITHOUT leaving home! You simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and a personal stylists will handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle.
Well, that’s where Stitch Fix is different than other subscription boxes. Once you fill out your profile and select a delivery date from the calendar, your Stylist will select your items and you will be charged a $20 styling fee. HOWEVER, that $20 fee will be applied as a credit toward anything you keep from your shipment.
The amount you’ll spend on the actual box of clothing will vary based on the following…
- What budget amounts you select while taking the Style Profile.
- What you actually decide to keep.
- If you keep ALL 5 items sent, you’ll get an EXTRA 25% off your entire order! Pretty sweet, and makes for some great savings!
(Keep in mind that according to their website, the average price point is $55 per item, but they do carry a wide variety of prices. When you fill out the Style Profile, you will have the option to tell them how much you’re comfortable paying.)
- You have three days to decide what you’ll purchase and what you’d like to send back.
- You’re ONLY charged for items you choose to keep when you checkout.
- Checkout by logging into your account to pay for the items you want to keep.
- The $20 styling fee will be applied as credit toward any items you purchase.
- Your $20 styling fee can only be applied to a purchase from your current Fix. It doesn’t roll over to your next shipment and isn’t refunded, so if you don’t like anything from your current box, you’re out $20.
- If you buy all five items, they’ll give you 25% off the entire purchase!
- Return the items you don’t want in their prepaid mailer and drop it into any USPS mailbox.
Stitch Fix clients enjoy free shipping BOTH ways (LOVE that!)
- They currently carry women’s sizes XS-XXL and 0-16, and men’s sizes XS-XXL. They also offer Maternity clothing! (FYI – They are introducing Plus sizes in Spring 2017. Sign up for their waitlist here.)
- Unlike other subscription boxes, you do NOT have to sign up for automatic deliveries. Well, not unless you want to! You can elect to receive shipments at a frequency that’s right for you—every 2-3 weeks, every month, every other month or every three months.
What I LOVE about Stitch Fix ❤️
Ummm… the fact that a box of surprise clothing and accessories tailored to my style arrive at my doorstep. It’s SO fun! I’m BIG on surprises and love clothing, so it’s a great fit for me.
I think it’s also really neat to get such a personalized shopping experience without leaving home. With that said, it’s REALLY important to take time to fill out your style profile. Be sure to add details about specific colors and styles you like. In addition, they even ask what clothing items you do NOT want to be sent. I actually selected NO dresses (I am more of a jeans gal). I also added a couple of additional notes when filling out mine. One of them being that I LOVE Anthropologie clothing, but don’t often love their prices.
By taking time to give them helpful info, hopefully you’ll be as impressed as I was regarding the goodies in your box.
I also LOVE that they include a paper (as pictured above) which shows how to wear the different items in your box.
The 25% off discount if you buy ALL 5 items is definitely a nice perk. If you end up liking 4 items in your box, it usually makes sense to just keep the 5th item (you can always re-gift it).
FREE shipping both ways ROCKS.
I also love that you don’t have to sign up for automatic deliveries and can do a one-time shipment. It’s a really nice option if you’re new to Stitch Fix and just want to try it out with NO commitments.
Finally, I am not a fan of heading to the mall (I literally dread it… especially this time of year). I also don’t do much in-store clothing shopping. Online shopping is a different story. 😉 That’s why I think Stitch Fix is so FUN. It saves me time as someone else is picking finds for me based on my style profile, and I don’t have to leave home. WIN WIN!
What I’m NOT Digging about Stitch Fix
It’s NOT cheap. You can get better deals by shopping clearance, using coupons, taking advantage of all the great deals posted on Hip2Save etc.
You will be out the $20 Styling Fee if you don’t like ANY of the 5 items you receive and decide to send them all back. I would think this rarely happens.
Note from Collin:
I’m sure you all are curious about what I decided to keep from my box. Eek… I ended up keeping it all. 😬 When I first opened the box and tried on everything I didn’t really like two of the items (the black top and the kimono). However, I fell in love with the Skinny Jeans (they fit SO good and feel like butter!), the beautiful necklace, and the grey Henley Top (it’s SO my style, SO soft and one of those items you really have to see in person).
With that said, based on the three items I wanted to keep, it made more sense to just get them all since I’d get the 25% off entire order discount. I am planning to re-gift the black top and kimono. My total for everything was $239.50, so as I mentioned above – NOT cheap. I will say, though, that I love having high quality and unique items in my wardrobe… AND it’s very hard to resist jeans when they fit so well. 😉
If you’ve signed up with Stitch Fix previously, I’d love to hear your experience!